Visitor Reviews - Crosslaw Caravan Park

School Road
Coldingham
St Abbs
Berwickshire   (Browse area)
TD14 5NS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   5m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  21 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wally69 7 reviews from this member

We decided to try the tent out before the season began & chose this site because of the area which we love. On arrival the ease in which we were booked in was great. Our pitch was large & made more private because of the hedges marking the pitches out. Each pitch had a picnic bench and a hardstand for Bbq's. The only down side was the ground which was quite stony in places.

The toilet block & shower facilities were second to none, with the added bonus of having a key fob entry for extra security. They were spotless every time we used them. The dishwashing & laundry facilities were superb.

Everyone on site was so friendly & helpful, & always had a smile on their faces. The bar area was quite busy on a night time, but there was always seating to be had & the service was quick & easy.

The surrounding area has so much to offer, whether you enjoy lying on the beach, or visiting places of interest. (although the weather wasn't right for sunbathing). All the amenities you need are just in the village, including pubs, restaurants, convenience stores etc.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay in Crosslaw. We tried booking straight up for Aug Bank Hol but unfortunately was told it was booked up already. Try earlier next year I think!

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pinga 3 reviews from this member

I have stayed here in the past and always rated it highly but I was a bit disappointed this year. Not so much with the facilities but with the people it now attracts.

This seems to be a child friendly campsite and particularly families who let their noisy children run loose at all hours. So bear this is mind. There is in theory silence after 11 pm although not everyone seems to follow this. With electric hookups available, there were several loud TVs too.

The toilets and showers are very good, which is what I like about the site. There is a washing machine and dryer. Tokens from reception. The washing up sinks take forever to dispense enough hot water. There doesn't appear to be a freezer for ice blocks.

The site is well set up for caravans but tents seem more of an afterthought.

The pitches are large with plenty of space for one large or two smaller tents and a car. A small picnic table is provided, which is nice.

There's a cafe bar on site which serves drinks. No shop but the town has a convenience store.

WiFi is available in some areas.

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Squince39 14 reviews from this member

This was our first venture out in our new tourer, so we decided to go somewhere that we had been and enjoyed before with our tent.

When we arrived we were welcomed by a nice young lady at reception, who got us promptly organised.

This is a well kept park located in a quiet village. Eyemouth is a short drive away and Berwick is only 11 miles away.

Last time I left a review I had a rant about the toilets. Although the toilets and showers are of a good standard they could just do with having the floors mopped a little better I feel, as they always look as if mud has been dragged in.

Bearing in mind that Sunday is a busy day for going home I felt a bit uncomfortable to have two females from the cleaning contractors trying to mop a floor at 8 a. M. This morning whilst

There was myself and another two gents trying to get showers and a wash.

Maybe toilets should either be cleaned before 8 am. Or after 11. 30 am. Once the weekenders have all gone home.

A nice and well kept park with some lovely scenery roundabout and a lovely village only 5 mins walk away where you will find a couple of pub's and the local Spar shop. The area is home to some fantastic coastline.

We will return again for another weekend in the near future.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Squince39 14 reviews from this member

We are just back from a three night Easter weekend stay with our tent at Crosslaw Caravan Park.

The caravan park itself is situated in the small village of Coldingham, which is about five miles outside Eyemouth.

The park itself is very nice and the grounds are very well maintained.

We booked in at reception by a friendly chap but didn't have much explained to us. For e.G. We weren't told how to obtain drinking water or where the bins where situated.

The tent pitch was a very good size although not totally flat. But the picnic bench that we got was welcome and the hedge separating the pitches made it more private.

The toilet block was warm. The toilets and sinks where very clean. However the floor always seemed dirty with outside muck being dragged in, even in the shower area.

The showers were hot, although having to keep pressing the button every ten seconds to maintain a hot water flow was a bit of a pain.

All in all we found the staff very helpful and answered a question when asked.

Just a pity that maybe the toilet block wasn't cleaned more often during the day than the once that we witnessed. This may help the look of the floor.

We found it a very relaxing and quiet venue and we will return again sometime in the future.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Karrin 2 reviews from this member

This site has lovely pitches with hedges separating each pitch making it more private and a park bench on each pitch too. The toilet/shower block was clean enough, not the best I've seen but I found them ok. The showers were far too hot for my children though.

I liked the small conservatory adjoining the washing up room which had chairs and magazines and a rotary clothes dryer outside was very handy. There is a bar which I didn't visit.

There are several small play parks dotted around the site however these were quite basic and there is no area for ball games etc and not enough room on my pitch for my children to play. Because of this I wouldn't return to this site as there wasn't enough to keep my children busy without having a chunk of grass to play on which is a shame as apart from that I loved the site.

The surrounding area is lovely, Coldingham bay is beautiful and we loved feeding the seals at Eyemouth!

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Almaz 34 reviews from this member

After all the extremely positive views posted before I was really looking forward to this visit. I have to say that overall I was disappointed!

Several little things niggled. We were supposed to have a 'super' pitch. It wasn't even big enough to fit our van plus porch awning and car. The car had to be parked across the front.

The toilets were cleanish. Certainly not to CC or C&CC standard.

Our pitch backed straight on to the surprisingly busy and noisy road through the village.

Other campers showed a surprising lack of respect for other people's pleasure, letting their dogs mess all over the place, not keeping them on leads, etc.

Friends who asked to be pitched alongside us were told is wasn't possible even though through the time we were there a vacant space was available.

Positives - lovely area, handy for village shops and pubs, and the site could be a gem.

For us though, you can get better sites and service for the same charge.

Previous     21 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Berwickshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!