Visitor Reviews - Faskally

Faskally
Faskally
Pitlochry
Perthshire   (Browse area)
PH16 5LA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01796 472007

1m  5m   5m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  105 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: SCOTTY1969 5 reviews from this member

Another enjoyable visit to Faskally. Breathtaking scenery, lovely walks along the river and a jaw dropping visit to the house of Bruar (what a place). Downside-we were situated at the park. Very noisy till very late. Would recommend a separate ball area away from the vans. Still worth a visit though

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Daveshiz 1 review from this member

Had a great 5 days, gorgeous weather, we were in a tent nice pitch although you are on a slope I think they all are, the road is nearby its a bit noisy but bothered other people more than us, the shop is great but atm no longer works so take cash or nip into pitlochry, the pool and sauna were both lovely, the bar and restaurant were both very good food is great id recommend fish finally my wife and daughters said the ladies toilet block was not clean even after it being cleaned apparently there is a burst toilet ?? We had no such probs in gents toilets and showers were always spotless

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lindac64 2 reviews from this member

Arrived into the 'tent field' to find limited drinking water supply (we had to ask at the shop where this was)eh 1 tap! for tent field!. Dish washing facilities were beside the resident/touring vans. Not enough bins (central beside toilets)None to the top side of the field

Pool was great but hot tub out of order.

unknown to us, you need to buy tickets for the pool at the shop

Overall. On a slight slope depending on rhe pitch

NO CHARGE for late check out. We left at 5pm

Could be doing with a play area for kids nearer the tent field.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sheeprider79 10 reviews from this member

Welcomed by a very nice lady at the shop who took my booking over the phone.

We requested a pitch near the play park, I did not realise that touring pitches look onto the play park which was great for us.

The park itself has a very good shop, selling most of the everyday essentials. There is also a bar which serves up a good pint (it also serves food, although I never tried). The games rooms is a bit out dated as in the gaming machines but the pool tables make for a good nights entertainment. The showers and toilets are very clean there is 2 fresh water taps/ waste water disposals that I seen. The élsan is emptied behind the shop which seems a far walk but I appreciate its out the way and saves any nasty smells :-)

There's also a swimming pool on site, we used this and it was great. My kids had a blast in here, I did notice that the was no life guard, but not sure if it's needed or not.

There is also nearby Forest for walks if your ever in the mood to take the kids to look for a gruffalo. :-)

In Pitlochry itself there is not too much to do which was surprising for us, the electric dam and an amusements arcade which looks like its from the 80's, however its got plenty of 2p machines which makes for a cheap few hours for the kids so I aint complaining.

Faskally is a great site and I will return in the summer 2014.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alaine graham 5 reviews from this member

Mixed reviews of this site! if I'm being honest it wasn't what I expected. After touring 6 sites in Highlands this seemed a bit out of place in its surroundings.

Where do I start.

Check in. Very fast, informative and pleasant.

Pitched right in front of toilet block on bottom of site and behind the swing park. The kids. And I'm talking a lot of kids here. Were in that park from early morning til late at night (11ish). We sat out on our pitch to have a quiet drink in the sun after a days rain and 4 mums walked across, stood behind us and started yelling and shouting to and at their kids. Couldnt they have walked another few steps closer into the park!??

A van across from us was partying til the wee small hours and very loudly too so lack of sleep didn't make us happy campers when we were awoke early next morning with kids screaming in the park again. Now I'm not a grump I have kids and I'm a young gran but there was a lot of bullying going on in the park which really wasn't nice but I didn't want to interfere.

The toilet door creaked and banged til late as well. Get some WD40 on it please.

Toilet block was huge and in fairness was clean enough. Its not the cleaners fault if mothers or their children abuse these facilities. I mean do they throw sanitary wear on the floor at home!

Shop was well enough stocked and reasonably priced for a site shop. Didn't use the pool or the club.

There is a good dog walk down to the river and the Enchanted Forrest is close by to go and see in October.

Pitlochry is a beautiful wee town and my kids loved the sweet shop. Queens View is breathtaking but £2, 50 to park and only be there for 20 mins or so is a bit steep!. There are another 2 large sites in the area, Blair Castle and Milton of Fonab and I think if I was to return I would probably choose Blair Castle. Tummel Bridge site is like a building site!

Faskally have statics for hire and these looked very nice.

Faskally seemed a bit too rough for my liking. Sorry ! Definitely wouldn't return.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Carey1301 2 reviews from this member

Arrived with no booking but since the weather was so cold didn't expect the tent area to be too busy. Reception staff extremely friendly and helpful, as soon as we were set up they came to check we were ok and turned on the lights around our tent. Used the swimming pool which is booked into sessions cost £5 for 3 of us to go swimming which I think is reasonable as the weather was raining so gave my child something to do and the pool wasn't busy.

Toilet, shower and dishwashing area clean and tidy. Kids play area kept my child amused for hours, all the children mixed well.

The bar serves food which prices were on comparison with normal bar meals and also the shop wasn't too expensive for a campsite shop. Great area for walks and Pitlochry not too far away.

Enjoyed it so much we have booked to go back.

Previous     105 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!

1986 Visitors online !