Visitor Reviews - Linnhe Lochside Holidays

Linnhe Lochside Holidays
Corpach
Fort William
Highlands   (Browse area)
PH33 7NL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m 5m  5m   5m  5m  5m  5m

Open: 15 December - 31 October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  43 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: January 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bambi13 10 reviews from this member

This our second visit to this site the first time was May last year.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Toilet/shower block clean and tidy and adjustable water temperature in the showers. The only thing is the hand dryer is in the shower block not with the toilets.

When we arrived in January we were told it was unisex but there was a note on the door to say private showers were in the shop building.

The site itself is well maintained and on both visits we had a good size hard standing.

Stayed on two different pitches and got a TV signal both times.

There is a good walk along the water edge and also in the woods.

The only problem is not all the dog's can read and are not always on leads.

There is a quite nice children's play area

Fort William is about a four mile scenic walk. Local shop is about mile away. Although the shop on site is well stocked. On both visits we have found plenty to do in and around the area.

Would recommend this site.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Fe9427 11 reviews from this member

We stayed in this site for 3 nights, found the directions to the site accurate, don't worry when you see the school etc its just minutes from there.

Friendly reception and although I did not use the site shop, it seemed big and well stocked.

Found the site to be clean, and the toilets kept to a good standard, I do agree with previous comments about trying to keep items dry in the shower cubicles but not a major issue.

Our pitch was slightly small ( it was a hard standing).

Could location and views, and value for money.

Would recommend again and use again

Nice walk down by the woods and along the water.

Do try to go to Glen Nevis for walking if you can its lovely

Reviewer: Allen Ross 2 reviews from this member

First impressions were great, nice friendly staff, well set out and clean

The wash house was really good, again clean and plenty hot water at all times of day. The roads were quiet even though the place was busy, My mother and father in Law joined us there with their campervan, they got a nice spot with plenty space and not too far from the shower block, Our first night there was good, but unfortunate the next night not so good when we arrived back from our day away we could hardly get to our tent as there had been some many people in put in the same area, we had planned to extend our stay but after the second night decided against it, My kids couldnít sleep as it sounded as if the family in the tents either side of us were in our tents, I know when camping it is going to be a little noisy as it a tent, but to have people less that 3ft from your tent isnít much fun. I know these places have to make money while they can as you canít guaranty the weather in Scotland, but repeat businesses always good as is word of mouth, I wouldnít recommend it in a tent during busy season,

The camper van had no such problems and the caravan area looked as good as well

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lin1087 2 reviews from this member

We decided to try this site after reading the description on UKCampsite. We have stayed in the area before at Glen Nevis park, but the write up was so inviting that we decided to give it a try.

It was a little bit season end on the calendar but the previous 3 weeks in the highlands had been terrific. All sites charged about the same, approx £20 per night so when we got to Linnhe and were charged £40. 50 for two nights, my reaction was 'fine, market price'.

However, it is not the place to go 'Out of season' all the loch side pitches were given over to seasonal pitches. We were sited only in row2(Q) but our view (because of parking instructions) was of the toilet/shower block.

Most of the facilities were closed, and only ONE toilet/shower block was open, with a sign saying UNISEX on the door. Most disturbing! As a middle aged woman I do not want to share my bathing facilities with men, separated by only a formica screen. As I used the toilet, it was obvious that it was a gentleman in the next cubicle, and the same when I took a shower.

We had toured the highlands paying £20 per night with separate facilities for ladies and gentlemen, I don't understand why this site was different.

The only positive about this site is the beach, which is perfect for dog walking.

I will not be returning to this site. In fact if I hadn't have paid for two nights I would have left directly. Luckily we have bathroom facilities in our tourer so I didn't have to use the sites again.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jeff S 2 reviews from this member

We booked this site by telephone only three hours before arriving (we were making our way back south after stopping on five sites over the previous two weeks whilst touring up the west coast of Scotland).

The site was one I found listed in the Camping and Caravanning Club's 'Your Big Sites Book' and 'read very well'. The receptionist who took our booking was very professional and helpful and, on arrival, we were very pleased to see that the site had been awarded the AA's 'Scottish Campsite of the Year 2011' award - it made the cost of £58.50 for three nights for two adults with a small four man tent (the highest price of the holiday) seem reasonable.

We were given a map of the site and directed to pitch at 'The Hideaway'. We stopped at the site shop for milk as we drove through the site to our allotted pitch and, as with the reception staff, the lady in the shop was very friendly and helpful.

However, 'The Hideaway', rather than being the idyll which the name implies, was somewhat disappointing. 'Hidden Away' would surely have been a better name! A sign as we approached the area announced that it was for 'groups only' - I'm not sure that 65 year old me and my (age withheld) partner usually constitute a group - and (although fortunately otherwise unoccupied) the patch of scrubby stone-laced grass was immediately adjacent to some of the site's staff 'accommodation' - a motley selection of converted lorries, vans, near derelict caravans, - and the site's 'tip' - a pile of broken pallets (which were set alight on the Saturday night for a staff get-together), brush trimmings and earth spoil heaps.

We were not permitted to park on the 'grass' and so had to carry our tent and equipment from our vehicle to the pitch when setting up (and when striking camp three nights later); fortunately the weather was dry on both occasions but this could be a problem in wet weather, even though we were able to park reasonably close by.

The toilet/shower blocks, as commented on by other reviewers, are large and well equipped. Unfortunately, I did not feel that they were cleaned to an adequate standard.

The site was very busy and the touring caravan, campervan and static van dwellers, as well as the relatively few tent campers, used the on site facilities - I even encountered a queue for showers at 11. 00 pm on the Sunday night! - and it appeared that the blocks were cleaned only once a day. I suggest to the site owners that the provision of a cleaning cloth by each handbasin and a mop and bucket by the showers might well encourage users to clean up after using themselves.

The site is very well located for an assault on Ben Nevis or a trip on a gondola at the Nevis Range or for visiting Fort William and I can particularly recommend Neptune's Restaurant at the Moorings Hotel by 'Neptune's Staircase' (locks on the nearby Caledonian Canal) for excellent meals and hospitality but, as a tent camper, unless I was guaranteed a pitch on one of the more salubrious tent areas that I saw (vacant) whilst at the site and could be reassured that cleaning standards had improved, I won't be returning in a hurry.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Silverfox01 2 reviews from this member

Booked this site for 2 weeks on strength of the 5 Star listing.

Staff at reception very nice, polite and helpful, when booking, however on arrival handed a map of site and left to get on with it.

Pitch was a reasonable size on hard standing. One toilet/shower block to service all units on site, which caused a problem during the daily cleaning routine. Only alternative one disabled toilet. Dustbins were always overflowing.

Campsite rules were not enforced, noisy at night and children allowed to wander/cycle as they pleased through pitches. Dog owners letting their dogs run about off lead. All this despite a warden supposedly on duty at all times.

Shop open very limited times and poorly stocked.

Previous     43 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth £467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!