Visitor Reviews - Drumshademuir Caravan And Camping Park

Roundyhill
Glamis
Forfar
Angus   (Browse area)
DD8 1QT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  26 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Reviewer: Blinxter 8 reviews from this member

Friendly and very helpful staff.

This site is immaculate, perhaps helped by the plethora of rules, everywhere you look there is a sign with another rule. That having been said though is not such a negative if it leads to such a picturesque site.

The tent pitches are not very well thought out running along the side of the site that skirts the main (straight) road which is loud due to the long straight stretch encouraging bikers and car owners alike to open the throttle a little.

On site bar is pleasant and the facilities are good with free showers. Was only staying for a 1 night hop into Northern Scotland but there didn't seem a lot to do nearby however as a destination there is plenty to keep the family and kids occupied on the site and the walk area nearby.

More of a destination than a hub. I would recommend friends to go there for a relying week but not as a base for visiting tourist attractions (although I may well be totally wrong not knowing the local area)

I booked through pitchup and they had me down as a touring caravan (was in a tent) but the friendly staff managed to sort me out a suitable pitch. I think this possible increased the price for the night though making it less reasonable than any other site I've camped in but this was the error of pitchup not the site. No reduction in rate was offered but then again. Not the sites fault I suppose so can't REALY expect anything more there.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sheeprider79 11 reviews from this member

I spent a weekend here, on arrival the warden made me feel very welcome and showed me the site and handed me a leaflet on the site too. Most helpful.

The pitch was a good size, I had a grass pitch which you have to park your axle on the slabs. Which were level enough.

The site is very child friendly, there was plenty of kids running around but we'll behaved. My 2 had so much fun they have already insisted that we are to return.

The toilet block looks old inside but does the job, 2 water points and Élsan are all in same area.

There is a small woodland walk which was nice, again my kids loved it. We also had a meal at the Tavern which is adjacent to reception/shop, good meals including kids menu which again we all enjoyed.

All in all this was a very good site, clean, tidy and we'll looked after, we will be returning.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dlittle 3 reviews from this member

I spent 4 nights at this site last week whilst visiting the Angus Walking Festival. I chose it due to its close proximity to Kirriemuir (the meeting point for all the walks).

I was given a very warm welcome upon arrival and my first impressions were of a clean and well run site. The washing, shower and toilet facilities were clean with plenty of hot water and all were easily accessible.

One night, I didn't fancy cooking and so booked a table at the restaurant located on site and had a very nice meal in pleasant surroundings.

The £16 per night I paid felt like good value for money. The only criticism I have (and this is a minor point) is that road nearby can get a bit noisy, but hey like I say a minor point.

If I go back to the festival next year, I will use this site again.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Melvi 2 reviews from this member

What a great site we have found. When we arrived here for our Easter weekend break we were greeted with a very friendly welcome. When setting up we had a problem with our electric in our van and within a few minutes the staff had us up and running. There was a full day of Easter activities arranged for the Sunday. This site has a great atmosphere about it. I cant praise the staff highly enough as they were always having a laugh with everyone. Very well kept site as were the toilet blocks. Had a meal in the park tavern which is reasonably priced and good food. Kirriemuir is only a couple of minutes drive away where you can find anything you might need. My three year old loved the playpark. Will be back again this year.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Debbie65 20 reviews from this member

Just back from a 2 night stay in our tourer and the first jaunt of the season, first time to this site too. It's only a 15 minute drive for our house. Touring pitches are intermingled with statics. We had a larger hardstanding pitch to accommodate our awning, it was a good size and the pitch was well drained despite the rain earlier in the week. No serviced pitches though, and for over £75 for the 2 nights for our van, 3 kids and awning we thought this a tad expensive. Toilet block was a bit dated, warm enough for the time of year. Shower set up really good, with a parallel changing ares next to the shower area. Shower warm enough but water pressure poor and the tiled floor area in the actual shower cubicle was chilly! 1 key needed to access shower blocks. Shower areas with around 4 additional vanity cubicles were always very clean.

Small play area at the top of of the site, had we been able to pick a pitch instead of being allocated one we would have picked one nearer to the play area, as it was hidden from view from our pitch so we didn't feel comfortable letting the kids just go off themselves. Wee grassy area where the boys could play football.

Ate at the site club house on the Saturday night, reasonable standard pub fare, 2 adult meals, 3 kids meals, a bottle of wine for around £55. Not to bad. Had nice fish and chips in Kirriemuir too, 5 minutes away in the car.

Drove up the Angus glens a bit on the Saturday to visit Peel Farm, lovely gift shop, cafe and play area, free bread provided to feed the chickens and ducks. Well worth a visit.

Nice enough site, but a bit expensive. There's so many great sites nearby that are likely to be cheaper but with better facilities, so for that reason only I doubt we'd go back.

--------------------------

I'd like to add to the review I submitted a few days ago for this site after a telephone conversation with the owner. He had contacted me to indicate that after his wife had read my review, they checked their records and discovered that they had charged us for 3 nights instead of 2. This was a genuine mistake on their part and we have been offered a refund for the third night, or the chance to have 2 nights for the price of 1 at a later date of our choosing.

This honesty was much appreciated. I've upped my star rating to reflect this.

Date of Visit: February 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tour gs 9 reviews from this member

Spent a snowy February weekend at the site to go walking in the Angus glens. It's well kept and the owner was out clearing snow before it hit the ground! Some pitches are quite far from the hook up point and we had to borrow an extension lead from reception. Toilets are nice and clean, and warm, although the water wasn't that hot for dish washing. Used the butcher in Alyth (about10 miles away) for some sirloin steaks and their own black pudding and had a BBQ in the snow, absolutely delicious! Walked in glen prosen up towards the Airlie monument and beyond. The site is ideally placed for walkers and we'll be back soon for more.

Previous     26 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Angus   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs