Visitor Reviews - Drumshademuir Caravan And Camping Park

Roundyhill
Glamis
Forfar
Angus   (Browse area)
DD8 1QT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  28 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Roons 5 reviews from this member

After a google search and recommendation by a friend we chose this site for a 4 night stay.

The site is immaculate, varying sizes of pitches hard and grass standing with concrete slabs for the wheels (we didn't realise the wheels were meant to go on the slabs until we read a sign outside reception after we had parked and set up van). If we had parked our van with wheels on the concrete slabs it would of meant our awning was half on grass and half on chuckies with concrete edging in the middle!. Maybe we were accidentally given a non awning pitch. However, we had parked our van so that our awning was on the grass and the van on chuckies. No-one asked us to change it so not sure if it was ok or not to do that.

The shower blocks were maybe a little dated but immaculately clean - can't comment on showers as we didn't use. The laundry was small but had good size washer and drier and a spinner for hand-washed clothes. Our washing didn't come out perfectly clean but it is only a half an hour cycle.

3 miles drive to Kirriemuir which has a large Co-op and other shops. 6 miles to Forfar which has Tescos.

We found the site very quiet indeed despite the site being quite full. There are an awful lot of signs and rules around which we felt gave it a bit of an unrelaxed atmosphere!

The dog walk in the woods is very nice but I don't think its really necessary to keep well behaved dogs on a lead once in the wooded area. My dog is very reluctant to do his business while attached to a lead! And we always poop scoop!

Armstrongs Pub and Restuarant on site, which I think is independently owned, is very nice - great food, decor and staff! Advised to book at weekends.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Monica T 1 review from this member

We visited the Drumshademuir Caravan And Camping Park for the september weekend. We stayed in a pod. It was very clean, provided a good space for the 4 of us and had a kettle, a microwave and a small fridge, even a TV which was a bonus. The only thing we felt was a bit awkward was the double bed setting, the mattress was moving every time you tried to move so you ended falling in between mattresses. We managed to sleep but not in the double bed arrangement. We mentioned that to the staff and they said they would try to address it.

There is a good playground to keep children occupied while the parents enjoy a nice coffee on the patio.

The shower rooms/toilets were always well attended and clean. We were very happy with our stay and we will try to go again in the future. The site has a restaurant close by, however, it is very close to large villages to do your shopping. I would say a good location.

Reviewer: Blinxter 8 reviews from this member

Friendly and very helpful staff.

This site is immaculate, perhaps helped by the plethora of rules, everywhere you look there is a sign with another rule. That having been said though is not such a negative if it leads to such a picturesque site.

The tent pitches are not very well thought out running along the side of the site that skirts the main (straight) road which is loud due to the long straight stretch encouraging bikers and car owners alike to open the throttle a little.

On site bar is pleasant and the facilities are good with free showers. Was only staying for a 1 night hop into Northern Scotland but there didn't seem a lot to do nearby however as a destination there is plenty to keep the family and kids occupied on the site and the walk area nearby.

More of a destination than a hub. I would recommend friends to go there for a relying week but not as a base for visiting tourist attractions (although I may well be totally wrong not knowing the local area)

I booked through pitchup and they had me down as a touring caravan (was in a tent) but the friendly staff managed to sort me out a suitable pitch. I think this possible increased the price for the night though making it less reasonable than any other site I've camped in but this was the error of pitchup not the site. No reduction in rate was offered but then again. Not the sites fault I suppose so can't REALY expect anything more there.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sheeprider79 11 reviews from this member

I spent a weekend here, on arrival the warden made me feel very welcome and showed me the site and handed me a leaflet on the site too. Most helpful.

The pitch was a good size, I had a grass pitch which you have to park your axle on the slabs. Which were level enough.

The site is very child friendly, there was plenty of kids running around but we'll behaved. My 2 had so much fun they have already insisted that we are to return.

The toilet block looks old inside but does the job, 2 water points and Élsan are all in same area.

There is a small woodland walk which was nice, again my kids loved it. We also had a meal at the Tavern which is adjacent to reception/shop, good meals including kids menu which again we all enjoyed.

All in all this was a very good site, clean, tidy and we'll looked after, we will be returning.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dlittle 3 reviews from this member

I spent 4 nights at this site last week whilst visiting the Angus Walking Festival. I chose it due to its close proximity to Kirriemuir (the meeting point for all the walks).

I was given a very warm welcome upon arrival and my first impressions were of a clean and well run site. The washing, shower and toilet facilities were clean with plenty of hot water and all were easily accessible.

One night, I didn't fancy cooking and so booked a table at the restaurant located on site and had a very nice meal in pleasant surroundings.

The £16 per night I paid felt like good value for money. The only criticism I have (and this is a minor point) is that road nearby can get a bit noisy, but hey like I say a minor point.

If I go back to the festival next year, I will use this site again.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Melvi 5 reviews from this member

What a great site we have found. When we arrived here for our Easter weekend break we were greeted with a very friendly welcome. When setting up we had a problem with our electric in our van and within a few minutes the staff had us up and running. There was a full day of Easter activities arranged for the Sunday. This site has a great atmosphere about it. I cant praise the staff highly enough as they were always having a laugh with everyone. Very well kept site as were the toilet blocks. Had a meal in the park tavern which is reasonably priced and good food. Kirriemuir is only a couple of minutes drive away where you can find anything you might need. My three year old loved the playpark. Will be back again this year.

Previous     28 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Angus   -   Search for a site

Win a BUZZ RACK Buffalo 4 Bike Tilting Carrier Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Benington Chilli Festival, Hertfordshire 29 – 31st August
Celebrate all things chilli in the hidden gem of a garden at historic Benington Lordship.