Visitor Reviews - Carsington Fields Caravan Park And Rally Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Peak District & Derbyshire > Site Reviews

Carsington Fields Caravan Park And Rally Site
Millfields Lane
Carsington Water
Ashbourne
Derbyshire   (Browse area)
DE6 3JS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 1m  10m  5m   5m

Open: Easter To Sept

Reviews:  87 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bazilio 1 review from this member

We've just found a 'Paradise' in the Peak District.

Wanted so much to get away with wife's cousin who's wife is disabled and we found Casington Fields caravan park.

Peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle we found the owners very very helpful and nothing was to much trouble.

As an example we had a shower head dripping water onto our duvets Judy the owner took them from us only to have them back to us cleaned and dried through before the end of the day.

We have ventured to quite a few sites throughout the UK, but going back to Casington Fields we know the standard, the tranquillity, but most of all the owners, brilliant second to none.

Keep it up Casington Fields you have most certainly got my vote plus my presence we will most definitely be back.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Becks98 4 reviews from this member

Returned from a lovely two nights at this charming site. OK the weather could have been kinder - I struggled getting the campervan off the grass on the final day - but very enjoyable time.

A warm welcome from the staff and quickly allocated space. I went for the first field, no hook up and on the grass instead of hard standing.

Site is compact, a couple of fields, a nice open space in middle full of ducks, a duck pond, farm section and a dog run. Nice toilet block - 1 for the showers. All the normal facilities.

A short walk away is Carsington Water. You can hop onto the damm wall and walk to the visitor centre. Very nice scenery.

Got the feeling that many people revisit the site. Easy to see why.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: James3049 1 review from this member

The campsite itself is situated in a great location near to Carsington Water (within a 5-10 minuet walk) with a pub and restaurant in close proximity.

The facilities are adequate, you have to pay to use them which is fine if you are staying at a budget campsite however Carsington Fields markets itself and charges as a premium site. My big issue is if you have to pay to use facilities they should be kept in good working order and clean. They were not.

My final point is about the poor customer service I received on my stay. Carsington Fields really let themselves down in this area. I felt like the whole time I was there their only motivation was how much money they could squeeze out of my pocket. Without going into detail, I needed their assistance with a problem and they were particularly unhelpful and unsympathetic to the whole situation.

In summary, great location, reasonable facilities and poor customer service.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Issym 27 reviews from this member

Have just returned from this amazing site, we loved it so much that after 30 years of touring we have asked for a seasonal spot here next year.

Where do I start? Well obviously the warmest, friendliest welcome ever, and this is how it was all the time, and the owners even came out of the office to wave us off!

The grass had been cut and was wet which meant you took it into the ablutions, but next time you went it had been cleared away!

We used our own shower so can't comment on the showers but the ablutions were spotless and the hand washing water was hot. There were even toiletries and a clean hand towel every day.

We have no children but I would loved to have come here as a child; it's safe to cycle, lots of space to run around, the duck pond, the goats in the orchard.

We had plenty of space and the pitches have little hedges to mark your territory, but not offensive that you can't chat to your neighbour.

The little stores in the office was great for daily essentials and we shopped in nearby Wirksworth. We had days out at Dovedale, Bakewell, Matlock (Arkwright Mills) and Matlock Bath plus cycled around the reservoir.

I cannot fault this site.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: M70ssy 3 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site for 3 nights, well kept site with lovely owners.

Toilets clean but showers are quite small, toiletries for you if you forget to take them in with you

There is a dog walking site which you can let your dog of if you want to.

Lovely friendly ducks that like to be fed

All in all very nice and not over crowdered we would return.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Val lisle 1 review from this member

The site is so obviously cared for. The owners and staff are genuinely lovely folk and made us feel so welcome. The little shop on site is really well stocked and even has a welly box and an outside toy box for customers to borrow. My 8 yr old niece was stung by a wasp and the staff were so kind and helpful, supplying us with their own potions plus lollies!

Carsington Water is a short walk away and a fab place to spend a day. We hired bikes and cycled the 8 miles around the reservoir. The playground proved very popular too. Close by is the Knockerdown pub which has good value meals (huge portions) plus a playground and resident ostrich!

I suppose the site showers could do with updating although for 3 nights, we managed fine. The family shower room at 2 for 30mins was definitely worth it.

I think the site may also benefit from a few swings and slides too.

Previous     87 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Derbyshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more