Visitor Reviews - Aberfeldy Caravan Park

Aberfeldy Caravan Park
Dunkeld Road
Aberfeldy
Perthshire   (Browse area)
PH15 2AQ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01887 820662

1m  1m  1m  10m  1m  1m  1m   1m  5m  1m  5m

Reviews:  32 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Susan43 3 reviews from this member

My friend & I have just had a lovely couple of days with our grandchildren ages 8, 7 & 5 at this lovely camp site we had a tent and electric hook up. This is a very friendly camp-site, it has large flat pitches, the toilet block is perfectly adequate with lovely pre-set heat so safe for the children to use. There is a good washing up area & washing machines, a small play park and also a lovely walk along the river round the golf course, the children enjoyed paddling, old shoes required for this as its very stony ( this is a fast running river & no child should be there unsupervised) We did get the midges in the evening. There was quite a bit of road noise mostly from lorries starting at about 6am but the evenings were quite.

We were lucky with the weather so we found plenty to do, our wet weather option the swimming pool in the village was shut and the review for the film Pudsey had been given the thumbs down but we were not subjected to it. We did our usual exploration of the area with a Treasure Trail, we found all the clues so guessed the murderer. We did have one hiccup when one of the clues had been hidden by boxes of bits on the pavement.

We ate at the Fountain pub where the children's meals were 1 per paying adult, there are other pubs & a fish & chips take away & coffee shops There isn't an on site shop but the co-op, Spar & bakery are all only a short walk from the camp-site.

Because there is basically nothing to do on the site all the children met up at the play park & actually played together, we will use this site again, we are always reticent to return to a site when the grandchildren have had soo much fun in-case it cant be repeated

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: TheLaird 6 reviews from this member

Stayed for 2 nights. Good sized pitches for caravans/motorhomes, but I thought the tents were very cramped.

26pn for motorhome, electric hook-up 2 adults and 2 kids. Seems a little pricey since it is a Council site and not a private one (heard a couple of men talking who must have caravans permanently on-site saying there are 6 people looking to buy the site. But not hopeful anybody will do).

Right on the end of the town so only 5 minutes walk to the shops/pubs, etc.

Toilet block a little run down but nothing wrong with it. There was another block but only having 2 for the entire site seems a little small.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Eddiebongo 1 review from this member

What a beautiful location and the surrounding area is even better. Toilets quite good but requiring upgrading. Campsite is located right on quaint town within a couple of mins walk with 3-4 restaurants and the same in bars. If you are looking for a quiet location overlooking the river Tay then look no further than Aberfeldy.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Special01 19 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 3 days. Ideal next to Aberfeldy. 500yds out of town. Good shopping faculties, co-op, etc. Fountain Pub has good meals, dog friendly, people friendly. And has free Wi-Fi. Bargain. The site is well maintained, toilet blocks of toilets and sinks, well cleaned. Did notice road a bit noise. But quite after 11pm. Nice walk around the golf course by river, dog loved it here. One down MAJOR down side very poor t. V coverage. You need sky here. I got a big aerial on a 12ft pole and moved twice to get coverage but no gain. Got bbc1 intermittent. So it's up to the fountain pub. Would come again. But with a sky dish

Reviewer: Ryanben 1 review from this member

This campsite was amazing. Kids really loved the park as we were pitched right next to it. The toilets were clean and tidy and the staff was lovely. It was really enjoyable. I would defo recommend it to anyone. We met some lovely people. I don't really have any criticisms, just maybe a bit noisy on night times with traffic.

The owner was always there if you had any problems and he would sort them straight away. There is loads of places to walk to down by the river, aberfeldy town, and there's plenty places to eat.

Claire Thompson

Newcastle

Reviewer: Naepace 3 reviews from this member

This was the only week off work I had during the school holidays and had promised the kids I'd take them camping. Unfortunately this was the week after the heatwave, this resulted in a 2 night stay becoming 1 due to the rain.

The site itself is in a fantastic location, right on the banks of the river. Although the main road runs across the top of the site I can't say I noticed any road noise. What we did hear was the 'industrial yard' next door which did detract from an otherwise idyllic location. Of course there is nothing the site can do about that unfortunately.

Others have commented about the first speed bump and after hours rowdiness. We didn't experience a problem with either. I have driven over far worse speed bumps and it was well 'highlighted' with yellow road markings. As for noise at night there was none, however this was a Wednesday night and wouldn't necessarily include the potentially rowdier weekenders. Having said that I have yet to stay on a site where there wasn't some group making a racket into the early hours (biggest downside of camping in my opinion) not always young groups either, often it's families where the parents are 'enjoying a drink' and letting their kids run riot.

I digress ! The shower/toilet block next to the reception building is a PIN entry and although we were only in them once in the evening they were immaculately clean. The portaloo cabin toilets at the bottom of the site where not as pristine, they were not filthy by any means but had that public toilet smell about them. No doubt the heat that day would not help.

There is a small play park consisting of swings, chute, climbing frame and couple of pieces of small apparatus. My 2 had no complaints and happily played away for hours. We spent most of the time on the river which is accessed from a path from the site that takes you along the banks between the river and golf course. There were kids swimming under the bridge further upstream in a deeper area. My 2 were happy paddling and pottering about on the expansive areas of pebbled 'beach'.

Aberfeldy is great and only 5 mins along the road. Here you can access a cinema, swimming pool, numerous shops (incl large Co-op), pubs, restaurants and take-aways. Numerous walks of varying degrees of intensity are within easy reach, including the Munro Schiehallion.

This site was very good value compared to others I've stayed in. For myself, 2 kids & EHU we were 19 a night. A special mention for Dave the warden who was fantastic, especially with the kids who want to return just so they can see Dave again ! He insisted on cutting the grass before we pitched the tent as help it was too long, I was embarrassed as it was considerably shorter and in better condition than the lawn I had left behind (which I though was quite good !) He also facilitated a refund on the second night due to the weather.

I would thoroughly recommend this site.

Previous     32 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Coleman Event Shelter from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!