Visitor Reviews - Riverside Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Borders > Site Reviews

Riverside Caravan Park
Hornshole Bridge
Borders   (Browse area)
TD9 8SY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  10m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  19 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Blueboy2 6 reviews from this member

We stayed on this site over the bank holiday weekend for 3 nights. It is a small site next to the river. All the pitches next to the river seem to be taken by seasonal tourers. Each of the pitch sites are fully serviced and hard standing. They are quite small and if like us you have an awning there is very little room for your car. The service stack is at the front of the pitch, which meant that we had to turn the caravan around so that we could use this. Thank heavens for the motor mover. The toilet block and shower are new. If you use the shower it is difficult not to get your clothes wet as there is limited space to put them. There were quite a few tents on the small grassed area. There was obviously increased use of the toilet block. The floors got really dirty, there was no soap in the dispensers and the hand drier didn't work in the ladies. I did complain to the warden. The toilet block wasn't cleaned enough or replenished enough for the amount of people staying at the site. The chemical toilet disposal had no hose to clean out our toilet unit so we had to carry water to the point to do this. The main road is very close to the site and it does get busy in the mornings so no chance of a lie in. This site needs to up its game.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Templogin 3 reviews from this member

An excellent site that seems to cater well for all types from tents all the way up to static units and everything between. Even the tent area has EHUs available, not that I had the required cable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Suffering the effects of cycling too far too fast I needed to stay a second night, and this was no problem as there was only two other tents in that area.

The shower and toilet areas were kept immaculate, and there was plenty of hot water. I was so pleased to find a laundry on site and be able to wash and dry my wet kit.

Hawick is a couple of miles away and has everything that you are likely to need, including a decent sized supermarket. The road surface into Hawick is truly shocking, although you are only likely to notice it if you are on a pushbike without suspension.

Sadly I didn't enjoy my stay, and it had nothing to do with the site itself. The road past the site has a few tight bends on it and this seems to attract all the boy racers on their motorbikes and in their cars, with their loud pipes. You can put up with it in the day time, but when it is still going on at 4am it becomes very tiresome. The greenery between the tent pitches and the road seems to do little to deaden the sound. Such a shame as it really is a top notch site.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Shamoose 1 review from this member

My husband and I have just returned home from this lovely wee campsite. On arrival I went into reception and was welcomed by a nice young lassie, very pleasant and cheerful, she gave me directions and explained where to pitch up so off I went. On locating my pitch( I was told to pitch anywhere on the tent site) we decided to pitch near the trees by the kids play park. It took us some time to get the tent pegs in due to hitting roots from the trees constantly! Quite stressful having never camped before! But we managed. We decided to go for a walk along the river with our wee dog which was nice and peaceful but slippery which was not great for my husband as he has very poor vision due to another health condition. The dog seemed to enjoy it. When we got back to the tent we decided to have a look at the toilet block. Totally beautiful it was, obviously brand spanking new, there are 2 shower cubicles in the ladies toilet, only complaint there was, was that the shower curtain could have done with a hot wash and when in the shower the tray kept overflowing but nothing too serious. We decided against using the laundry facilities as it was 3 to wash clothes and 2 to tumble dry. Unfortunately there was no iron or board. They also have outdoor facilities for washing dishes There are 2 sinks, a basin and a draining tray, small but does the job. Also in the ladies toilet there are 4 sockets opposite the shower cubicles for hair dryers etc.

On our second day we needed to freeze our ice packs and I asked the girl at the reception if she had the facilities to do this she said no but she was more than happy to pop them in there freezer, I offered to pay for this but was told no. This is maybe another service they could charge for maybe 10 p and ice pack. All the staff seemed to be really friendly which was nice. On the day we arrived they were getting CCTV installed. We left our tent several times wide open for 1 -2 hours and everything was fine althought we were the only people camping at the time apart from a cyclist in a one man tent. But the staff are very observant so no problems with theft. All in all a great wee place.

We are however reluctant to go back to this site due to the busy road right beside the tent pitches it kept us up most nights hearing lorries and tractors and car and motorbikes, so we are exhausted and glad to be home. Also it's a bit of a tricky park to leave if your heading I to hawick a site kind of on a bend and pretty damn scary pulling out when there is traffic driving towards you at 60 miles an hour. I think we would be more likely going to the sister site next time round. But like I said no other complaints as it's a lovely wee park with lovely staff.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Troutface 1 review from this member

Brilliant site. Was here last year. Spent a fortune updating site. Now 5*. Every pitch has water and electric points. Stunning scenery. Right in the river. If you want peace and quiet you will never find a better site. Quality 5* toilet block, Laundry. Shower cubicles fabulous. If you want a little piece of paradise visit this site. Rated this site on the peace and quiet. Not much for Kids, small play area. If you love scenery, calm and peace visit this site. You will not be disappointed. Large shopping area 2 miles away in Hawick.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Blue skys 1 review from this member

Fantastic camp, beautiful surroundings, spotless shower/toilet/laundry block, really helpful live in mangers that are happy to help with anything they can.

Fab bus service that stops right outside the camps entrance, just a couple of minutes up the road is a lovely village (Denholm) with great pubs that serve great food, also has a shop, post office so you have all you need close by.

The place has a really nice feeling about it with lots of other campers, also a pet friendly site with a little park for the children to play in.

Will definitely be visiting again soon, thankyou for a wonderful stay!

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: AtoZ 2 reviews from this member

Best campsite I've stayed at.

From the warm welcome me and my friend received when arriving (soaked and exhausted) to the cheery goodbye when we left (like saying goodbye to old friends) our stay was perfect.

Our stay should have been 1 night but we increased it to 2. Lovely flat pitch and perfect facilities. Clean toilet block with free hot showers, and a laundry room which came in very handy for sorting out our muddy walking gear. The location is beautiful, right next to the river, and everything is so clean and perfectly laid out. Less than 2 mile into Hawick (don't take the main road, follow the yellow road behind for a lovely leisurely stroll into town), just the right distance to walk off a pint or 2. Dalstons The Exchange Bar probably the best in town, or there's The Bourtree a newish Wetherspoons (Full Scottish breakfast for 3. 19).

Claire and Allan have only just took over the site and already they seem very popular. Having a young family of their own means they're very relaxed and laid back, nothing is a trouble to them.

If you're looking for a first place to try out camping then this is it. Next time I return it'll be with the wife and kids. You couldn't ask for a better site.

Previous     19 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Borders   -   Search for a site

Win a Win a HandiMoova and HandiDuffel combo Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!