Visitor Reviews - Bunchrew Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Inverness-Shire > Site Reviews

Bunchrew Caravan Park
Bunchrew
Inverness
Inverness-Shire   (Browse area)
IV3 8TD   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  10m  5m  5m  1m  5m   5m  5m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  55 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dumplings7 5 reviews from this member

A lovely site with beautiful views! You can chose where you park. We only stayed for 1 night while touring. Very quiet, the only thing that lets this site down is the dated shower block. I must agree with the comment from the other review you only got 3 seconds of water before having to pull the chain again. At first glance I did not know how to operate this system it is the first of its kind I have ever come across! The mobile cafe is good! We also saw the dolphins swimming you need to go over the bridge you can see from the site.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Fiona W 110 reviews from this member

Happy to recommend this site. Lovely views of the Beauly Firth and the western hills. We were taken to a choice of locations so we could choose which suited us best. Grass pitches under scattered trees are not demarkated in any way - less formal, which we liked; however, Reception warned us to leave our EHU plugged in if we left for the day, and to leave markers on our pitch. (This is why our grey water cannister has our number plate attached to it!) Small take-away food trailer is popular with lightweight campers and we treated ourselves to chips to go with our Dornoch steak. My one niggle would be the showers - free, with the pulse operated by a pull chain. One pulse gave me three (yes, 3) seconds of hot water so I had to shower one-handed, holding down the chain. However, husband reported that 3 pulls of the shower chain provided enough for his shower. Only another shower in different cubicles would have proved which timing was what the owner intended - 3 seconds or 30. Bus from entrance into Inverness; plenty of day trips in every direction - Beauly, Rogie Falls, Glen Affric, Culloden, Cawdor Castle, Inverness, Loch Ness.

Reviewer: Alipin 2 reviews from this member

So loved Bunchrew.

I'm the mum of an 18 yr old autistic son, who is often angry, frustrated & bored & very challenging. So with the good weather this summer, I bought a backpackers tent etc & we set out upon an Adventure, leaving Dad & other son at home.

We travelled by coach & bus from our home in The New Forest. Bunchew was the 3rd campsite we stayed at & my favourite of the 5 campsites we stayed at in Scotland.

Bus stop was a 5 minutes walk away & bus service is regular, we received a friendly welcome in shop/office & paid 10 per night (1/2 price backpackers rate). Phone & laptop charging & freezing facilities, were free here, during opening hours. Shop prices were reasonable, apart from my one & only gripe, 4 for a can of butane (( There was also cycle hire, which we didn't use.

On the outskirts of Bunchrew their are a few mobile homes, which I think are residential. Electric hook up is available on site but as we were camping without so N/A to us, part of site (off side) allocated to solar panels & assume these provide green electricity )) Toilet & shower block basic & clean as is washing & washing up.

Their is also a mobile takeaway, run by a lovely lady who loaned me a flask & hot water when I ran out of Gas.

Non electric tent pitches, pitch where suits you & what a view. I pitched our tent & sat their with a coffee a later a bottle of old Rosey cider & every time I moved my head a few inches I was met with another & another & another beautiful view, while the sky stayed light, fantastic.

My son wanted to explore Inverness, which I enjoyed but would also have been happy just to stay here & absorb its beauty & take walks.

* Talking to owner about site. Bunchrew was used as a Prisoner of war camp & as water & drainage etc where provided as so, this beautiful campsite now exists, which I hope to return to soon.

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: KathP29 11 reviews from this member

This site is in a fantastic location, situated on the Beauly Firth with views across the estuary of snow capped mountains. It is about 3 miles from Inverness.

The showers and toilets are clean but basic. We are not using the showers as it is cold and they are not heated.

Easy to walk the dog as a little wooded area on the site.

A small shop on site but we didn't use it as went to the large Coop nearby.

We think this site is expensive. We have paid 18. 90 for 2 people in a caravan with electric and out of season.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lin1087 2 reviews from this member

I just loved this site! We had anticipated a couple of nights stay on our touring holiday, but stayed over a week.

Harry, the warden made us so welcome, and was a wealth of local knowledge. He told us to just pick out a pitch wherever we wanted to park. There are some hard standing pitches, but its OK just to park on the grass (perfect for awnings).

Electric hookups were plentiful.

The facilities though old, were spotlessly clean.

There is a food shack, with a very nice lady who prepares home made hot food, a godsend after a long day of sightseeing.

The views are spectacular day and night, and the beach wonderful for dog walking.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this site and can't wait for my next visit.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Denmana 1 review from this member

We visited Bunchrew camp site last week and loved it good pitches although not marked out.

Toilet and shower facilities were very clean although there were only four showers for each gender and no sink cubicles.

There was a small playground but kids liked to mainly play in the stream alongside the site. All the staff were friendly.

No local pub nearest was Inverness 3 miles away bus stop outside camp site ran regularly.

Best part was the food wagon that provided hot meals morning and evening and packed lunches if ordered the day before and the best chips ever, the lady was very hard working and friendly.

Good relaxing holiday.

Previous     55 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Inverness-Shire   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!