Visitor Reviews - Rosetta Holiday Park Peebles

Rosetta Holiday Park Peebles
Rosetta Road
Peebles
Borders   (Browse area)
EH45 8PG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01721 720770

1m  1m   1m  1m

Open: April To October

Reviews:  57 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Reviewer: Fuzzy45 1 review from this member

It was our first visit to Peebles. When I booked over the phone the staff where very friendly. That continued when I booked in. It was the quickest checkin at a site no vehicle details taken, no rules. I was just shown on the map toilets, bar, water & bins and pitch. When we found the pitch number 16 we where on a slope.

We didn't use the bar on site. The toilets could do with a visit from staff on a regular basis (bins full). The showers could do with a mop & bucket left outside so people could clean after use.

The location of this site is perfect. Only 1/2 mile from town. Peebles now have a Wetherspoons and lots of lovely walks starting from Peebles.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Magsnbobby 2 reviews from this member

Had a lovely weekend yet again, staff are so friendly this is our second visit to Rosetta, was fantastic they have a little shop on site now, the bar is excellent, the scenery is lovely will be returning again soon, maybe a few more things to do for the children on site, a little upgrade of the toilet facilities, a great place to camp out the staff are excellent and do a fantastic job

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Traveller26 1 review from this member

Loved the park beautiful surroundings and animals horses, rabbits etc. Enjoyed everything and will return. Most staff were friendly however our food wasn't the nicest morning and evening when we asked to send it back on the night the chef didn't seem to happy but was better the next day. We are not complaining though I loved the rest of my trip. Also the ladies toilets in the touring pitches were not immaculate.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fred1664 4 reviews from this member

Just stayed here for four nights, 18 pound a night per tent even though I was on my own. For that you get heated showers & toilets but only 2 showers in the mens for up to 50 tents. Also a bar on site that sells food on a Friday & Saturday nights, and a good pool table pound a game. Indoor wash up room with washers & dryers and an iron. The town of Peebles a 20 min walk away with a few bars cafes ETC there is a few good parks all on the riverside. At the site the views are good. Go again yes but not at weekends or school holidays as I like my peace.

Reviewer: Blinxter 8 reviews from this member

Allocated a pitch on arrival and given vague directions to it. The site is massive and segregated into separate areas for tents, tourers, statics etc. It looks very nice on first impression but the tent pitches were on a 1 in 5 slope. The whole filled was on a steep hill, perhaps better set aside for tourers with hard standings which could then be levelled off. Ironic that upon exploring, some of the caravan areas were much more level which I found a little frustrating.

The ground when I pitched was rocky which I wasn't expecting in such an open field area either.

The facilities were basic and the bar was a 'nice to have' but little more choice than in a basic working men's club so I headed into Peebles for some fine real ales at 'the Trust'

Having chatted with a few other visitors the site seems to be predominantly filled with locals and people who have travelled under an hour to be there in large groups. Lots of heavy smokers so whenever you went near the toilets you had to battle through the smokers standing around by the entrances which I found off putting. This also made it rather noisy in the evenings despite having a quite curfew. The only exceptions were the odd passer through, mostly foreign tourists.

All in all, I'm sure this site holds lots for many people and is a great break for families etc. (and has lots of kid focused activities around the toilet block building) but I would not advise tired campers to have an overnight here. Peebles is lovely but I think next time I will try one of the other sites around the town to see if I can a) get some sleep and b) pitch on a reasonably level piece of ground (I kept waking up having rolled off my air bed it was that bad)

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Splumley 2 reviews from this member

This is the most expensive campsite I have ever stayed in, £27 for a small pitch, under a bright street light, on sloping ground, next to the chemical waste and bins. We weren't told about any of this before paying. But then I didn't complain either. !

The grounds are pleasant, and quite natural looking, and the location is great for the town and for Glentress mountain biking.

But it really needs an overhaul, particularly the toilet blocks which reminded me of my 1970s primary school.

We didn't investigate the on site bar, or breakfast facilities, but I guess that is a bonus for some campers.

Previous     57 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Borders   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers