Visitor Reviews - Castleton Caravan Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Peak District & Derbyshire > Site Reviews

Castleton Caravan Club Site
Castleton
Hope Valley
Derbyshire   (Browse area)
S33 8WB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01433 620636

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m   10m  10m  1m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

This is a club member only site - you may be able to join on site - please check direct with the site

Reviews:  99 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: November 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: NEJane 15 reviews from this member

I have just returned from a three night stay, on this site, meeting up with friends to enjoy a pre-Christmas social gathering. My first impression (bearing in mind the time of year) was how festive it looked. The decorations around the site office were beautiful! Others, on site, had also decorated their units, making it feel very Christmasy. The half mile walk, into Castleton is worth the effort for the pubs and places offering coffee. We enjoyed two evening meals and one morning coffee - all in different hostelries, and we certainly weren't disappointed in any of them. As walkers, we took advantage of the rights of way, direct from the village, without having to turn a wheel. We also walked the two mile distance, to Hope train station (footpath all the way )and travelled into Manchester (or Sheffield, if you wish, in the opposite direction). Wheelchair users will manage fine with the hardstanding pitches as they are compacted, rather than the dreaded gravel - thumbs up for that one! I only have one little grumble, regarding the facilities - the pressure in the showers was dismal! I had to hop from one cubicle, to the other, wrapped in only a towel, in the hope of getting more pressure. Unfortunately, no. I do believe though, there is to be a facilities re-vamp, early next year. Summing up, my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our gathering here and I will definitely be back, bringing my son the next time, this being the type of countryside he enjoys for walking/climbing.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jadsett 32 reviews from this member

We spent 3 nights on this site. As a regular user of CC sites, I found Castleton to be well up to all the standards that we have come to expect from Club sites. All pitches on site are hard standing and most offer excellent views.

There is a bus stop within 50 yards of the site gates with regular services into Castleton, Bakewell, Hope, Hathersage and eventually Sheffield. Castleton is less than a half mile walk and is a centre for a whole range of activities including rock climbing, potholing and walking, It offers pubs, cafes and tea room. We can heartily recommend Tilly's, which although it calls itself a 'tea room', offers a selection of very tasty hot and cold meals.

We will be going back to this site

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Smooth 12 reviews from this member

A very nice site with excellent facilities and very friendly staff. A lovely steady walk into castleton with many pubs and shops. The entry to the site looked beautiful with an abundance of flowers it looked very pretty. The grudge I have is the doggy walk. It is so damp and dismal the tall trees make it so dark and damp under foot, no sunshine can get through to dry the ground. I understand not everyons has dogs but that is my only gripe

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Benfold1 11 reviews from this member

Nicely laid out with large pitches. However, this regimented site was just not for us. In a great location to walk up Mam Tor, and Castleton was a quaint little village with about four pubs but no convenience store for essentials. This is found in Hope, in the opposite direction. We are not noisy people, keep ourselves to ourselves and abide by all rulings but I was frightened to even breathe on this site in case I got 'told off' and I felt uncomfortable with the 'patrols' around the site at regular intervals throughout the day. Quite a few of the other campers had also had this experience, so I for one, will not be returning until they relax their attitude towards minor things and address more important issues like noisy drunken campers at 1am in the morning! I left early I was that disappointed.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mitzi16 13 reviews from this member

Superbly located site for easy access to Castleton and the surrounding Hills. Such an easy, reliable site with excellent facilities, fabulous for a last-minute weekend getaway. All hard-standings and indoor games room so no problem if the weather dictates a day indoors and plenty to see and do in Castleton itself. Also recommend 1530 Italian Restaurant on Cross Street (the main thoroughfare)

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 43 reviews from this member

Returned from two nights at Castleton with my partner and 10yo old daughter. We stayed here whilst attending Chatsworth Country fair on Saturday and Sunday.

The site wardens are incredibly helpful and accommodating, allowing us to get on pitch after 8pm. We had an awful drive up from the midlands and were much later than anticipated but they had done everything the could and we got in about 8. 15 on pitch.

Facilities are good if not brilliant but are clean and warm - probably a little dated if honest. One block seems a bit light but there didn't seem to be any issues.

We didn't spend much time on site but the location is fantastic; Castleton and the Hope Valley are beautiful. Chatsworth is about a 20 minute drive and is well worth a visit, even when the country fair isn't on.

We love this part of the country and this site is perfect.

Previous     99 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Derbyshire   -   Search for a site

Win tickets to the Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 3 sets of AutoSock car snow socks to be won

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 - 19th to 22nd January
A huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016

UKCampsite.co.uk
24 Daily Prizes and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 289.99!
Open Today's Window!