Visitor Reviews - Silver Sands Holiday Park

Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport

Reviews:  38 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: April 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fionagh1 3 reviews from this member

Camping pitches poor with limited choice. Lots of stones on very dry soil. Site facilities good. Location excellent. We were disappointed overall with site this year due to limited pitches. Site has been increased for static thus reducing pitches for campers.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Spender58 2 reviews from this member

Let me just say what a fabulous location. Right on the beach. Now let's look at the rest. We arrive and check in, fine. Well organised. We head to our fully serviced pitch. No electric working. OK so we move to another pitch. No water. I am disabled and moving again was too much so my wife just goes to someone else's pitch to get the water. They don't mind because campers help each other. My point is that this place isn't cheap and we expected the quality to match the price.

Tonight we went to their bar/restaurant. OMG! I went to the bar and got a bottle of Becks and a Malibu and Coke. 6. 25. OK it's expensive I drank the Becks and went back to order a 2nd round. This time I asked for Becks again and a different barmaid said 'alcohol free? ', I said 'no just Becks', she said 'we only have alcohol free Becks'! So I had just spent 3 on lager flavoured water! I said to the girl who served me originally that she had served me alcohol free Becks. She said 'oh I'm sorry I didn't know it was alcohol free'. OK take it on the chin. Anyway, I ordered a Bud and a glass of Rose. 8. 20! Ouch! Got back to our seat and the glass with the rose was filthy so our son took it back. He returned with the rose in a half pint tumbler. No large wine glasses left. Classy eh! We then get told our meal is ready. So of we trot to be fed. My steak and my sons were overcooked, the wife's hunters chicken was stone cold, and the kids pizza was burned. To add a touch of class they served the steak on a chopping board which had a blue gingham paper towel on it. As soon as I poured on the peppercorn sauce the blue gingham paper towel disintegrated and stuck to the steak. So I and my son had blue gingham paper towel flavoured overcooked steak. You couldn't make it up.

My advice here is. Come to the site for the location because it's terrific, don't expect the quality of the pitch to match the price they charge.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wildrover58 5 reviews from this member

Not the best organised site I have been on in recent years, chaotic at reception when large number of units arrived at same time. Was free to select own pitch, some had parked head first, some tail first resulting in awnings facing awnings.

Utility blocks are fairly modern and adequate for the site.

Site was quiet at night, exception being when the Typhoons take off at night from adjacent airfield, nobody can sleep through that.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sunny Jim 60 8 reviews from this member

Typical static site that takes tourers but appears not to really want them! We counted 24 electric sockets out of use which made it hard to find 2 pitches together. Hard standing is a bit misleading, there are stones to pak on! Idea is good but people were just parking any where as the site didn't monitor in any way. There were no drains for the grey waste, which had to be taken to the toilet block and pulled up 3 stairs. Toilet block looks relatively new but bits were missing in the showers, hooks had disappeared, toilets weren't working etc, which is a big shame. Laundry room also has 3 bathrooms which were well used. On site facilities included food and drink, swimming pool and gym.

Please improve the touring site

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nick McP 9 reviews from this member

Spent one night here with tent. This is our third year we have camped at this site and will be the last. They are obviously catering for status vans and motor homes etc and each year we have been the camping area has got smaller and smaller.

Facilities are ok, nice to have a bar but the staff aren't that great, a bit scruffy and unprofessional.

The bar is always busy and people drink copious amounts of alcohol which is fine if you want that type of holiday.

The best bit about this site is how close it is to RAF Lossiemouth. Great watching the Tornados and Typhoons.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kerry74 4 reviews from this member

I stayed here for one night with my husband and two young children in our Motorhome recently.

First the positives; brilliant location for the beach, on site shop and chip shop (which we didn't use), good children's play area, gated entry and warm shower.

Negatives; unprofessional staff - (not unpleasant), but not very knowledgable about the different types of pitches available. Also, when I returned the gate card on departure, the receptionist didn't bother to enquire as to whether or not we enjoyed our stay. Although the showers were nice and warm, the cubicles leaked water all over the floor where you get dressed. The shower hose leaked and one of the cubicles had a broken lock. Surely all these things are easily fixed? Our pitch was thankfully far away from the evening entertainment noise, the downside being that it was quite a distance to the toilet/shower block. On the way to the beach, there is an area of the park that looks like a rubbish tip. Presumably a section where decrepit statics were dismantled, but not very well! There is no effort to shield the view of this unsightly mess from site users.

We didn't use the pool or the bar, so we can't comment on these facilities. I think this site could benefit from improved management, the points I have mentioned are easily rectified and knowledgable helpful staff is the very least I would expect. When I am next visiting Moray I'll be looking elsewhere for a campsite, unless there are some improvements.

Previous     38 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Moray   -   Search for a site

Win a 5 Night Holiday in the Peak District Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth 245

UKCS Meet Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 8th to 10th June, Kent