Visitor Reviews - Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Surrey > Site Reviews

Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Bridge Road
Chertsey
Surrey   (Browse area)
KT16 8JX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01932 562405

1m  1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  116 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tag 18 19 reviews from this member

Site is not far from jct11 of the M25. On arrival was met by friendly wardens, I had selected a fully serviced pitch and the warden directed me to a few which I was able to choose from.

Shop's wise there is a BP across the road for the basics but a walk/drive into Chertsey you have the local Sainsburys.

This site is an ideal base for Legoland, Thorpe Park and the London itself. We went into London on the Sunday, I got driving directions from the warden to Weybridge station, parked in the car park (free on Sunday) and got the train into Waterloo. You can also go from Chertsey station but I believe you have to change at Weybridge anyway.

Showers, toilets etc very clean and well maintained, only gripe was that the soap for hand washing was only available at one small sink.

I must say that I was surprised that for such a big site they only have one area with bins, which is located by the exit. I think even having some at the toilet block would be better.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lighthouse13 2 reviews from this member

We visited this campsite two weeks ago and were quite pleased.

We originally wanted to go a bit further out of London but due to something we couldnít cancel we decided to go a bit closer to London so I could travel in on Saturday morning. The site is ideal for that really since itís very close to (South West London). Also close to shop (at petrol station) and some nice restaurants/pubs.

The site is occupied predominantly by caravans however there were 2 or 3 tents dotted about. The pitch we chose had extremely hard ground so it took some effort to get our tent pegged in. I would definitely would advise taking some screw or screw type rock pegs if you have a tent. We camped under a large tree (because of the rain) so that may also have been the reason.

Other than that, yes, there is fairly constant noise from the roads but I dare say thatís more than bearable. Also some air traffic noise due to the fact that itís quite close to Heathrow. On our second night one of the houseboats docked close by on the river and started his (rather noisy) generator which went on till past 22:00. Slightly irritating but you canít really fault the campsite for that.

The toilet and shower facilities were also spacious and clean. It would be good if the temperature of the showers could be adjusted since it was much too hot for the kids. Also, a soap dispenser in by the toilets would be useful.

Other than that the staff were also very friendly & helpful when we arrived. Itís very peaceful and there were not disturbances from other campers Ė since I believe there was a quietness curfew between 23:00 and 07:00. Nice playground for the kids also. Considering we travelled less than 15 miles to get there from home in London it certainly felt like we were on a holiday much further away in the countryside somewhere. Weíll definitely return if we need to be close to London.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Freyasmum 23 reviews from this member

Lovely campsite. I note that some reviews complained about the noise. It is true that it is near the motorway so there is constant noise. However, it is a constant drone in the background and we didn't notice it after a while (and we live deep in the country where it is very quiet, so we don't have a very high tolerance for noise. ) Airport noise; planes coming in to land; not particularly noisy and no flights at night.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alan Chilestone 17 reviews from this member

Had a great Easter here, a return visit after 14 years.

This large site separated into 2 parts by a road to a private house. The larger part of the site fronts on to the River Thames, we were in the smaller area. Even though it was a busy, bank holiday weekend, we got the feeling of staying on a much quieter site, being in this area. Since our last visit, the main shower block has been refurbished. There are more showers than I remember before and I didnít experience any queues, despite this being a busy Holiday weekend. The facilities were well maintained and kept clean for the busy weekend. The only let down was the Wi-Fi which was very hit and miss, despite being close to an aerial. I am advised that the wi-fi system is due a revamp for next year. Some people may find the jets from Heathrow a nuisance, but it did not worry us. Fish and Chips available from Catering Van on Fridays & Saturdays, with breakfast available on Saturdays & Sundays.

HSM team friendly and efficient. Always willing to answer any queery.

Site is handy for many attractions including Thorpe Park, LEGOLAND, Windsor Castle, Brooklands Museum and Mercedes Benz World.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tired-lady 4 reviews from this member

Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy stay. As a camper I was given a muddy field next to the road whilst the motor homes got nicer plots in the middle. Some of the staff friendly, one of the managers distinctly frosty/unhelpful. The facilities clean, but broken shower locks and toilet locks that fell off when you touched them i. E. The site have not bothered to fix them. Also main toilets/shower room shut at 10. 30 in the morning for cleaning for an hour and a half every day. It was also extremely noisy from the M25 and the planes flying overhead. A very tiny playground and nowhere else for children to play, and on the edge of a weir. I felt it was too far from London, and also expensive.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Irvine45 34 reviews from this member

Another fantastic trip to this site. We were pitched on the 'island', which is great to watch the boats on the Thames, but would imagine it could get very muddy in very wet weather and a bit of walk to the shower block.

The gents showers have been refurbished since my last visit, which are nice.

The staff are always helpful, even when we arrived earlier than the official opening time.

Location great for visiting London.

Previous     116 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Surrey   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th Ė 23rd August
The worldís biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!

2085 Visitors online !