Visitor Reviews - The Ranch Caravan Club Site

The Ranch Caravan Club Site
Culzean Road
Maybole
Ayrshire   (Browse area)
KA19 8DU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   1m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  48 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cleocairn 6 reviews from this member

We stayed at this site for 10 days in June. It was very well maintained, with lovely views over the surrounding countryside. We stayed on a fully serviced pitch which was extremely convenient. The loos and showers on the site however are very clean and plentiful. This is a good base for exploring South Ayrshire. Great for golfers I would imagine as Troon and Turnberry are close by, also the incredible Falkirk Wheel. We also sailed over to the Isle of Arran which is worth doing. Dumfries House is a gem of a country house and well worth a visit. We found the owner to be very helpful, as was the laady in the swimming pool. You need to give them 1hrs notice to use the Sauna so that it can be turned on. It was lovely to have a swim and a sauna at the end of a days sightseeing. There also seemed to be a good play area for older children and a separate one with lots of toys for toddlers, we don't have need for this any more but it would be great if you had little ones as sometimes a regular play area is not suitable for them.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: DianneDFoy 4 reviews from this member

We're just back from a night at The Ranch and we had a lovely time. We're really familiar with the area, but had never stayed at this site. Beautiful views, lovely wild rose bushes between the pitches and quite possibly the most laid-back person on Reception I've met at a campsite! You can just choose your own pitch, there's no big list of do's and don'ts and the site is very quiet and peaceful for a decent-sized site. The pitch was exceptionally good value (20 for the night for our caravan, 2 adults, a child and a dog on a pitch with electricity and water). When we asked what time we should vacate the pitch, we were told 'whenever suits you, within reason obviously'! We didn't use the pool, but the other amenities were pretty modern and seemed well kept and clean. Play areas for the kids were great and there was a nice football pitch. We'll definitely be back.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: RichardArmstron100 1 review from this member

I had lovely time at 'The Ranch' I arrived early but this was not a problem. The welcome was warm and friendly and I was impressed with cleanliness of the reception. I choose a hard stand pitch and had plenty of room and and good view over the farmers field. It nice see a pitch with its own water supply and as more sites move to this practise I will have to buy the right equipment. The toilet block was clean and practical and I like the local radio being pumped through a speaker in the morning.

Although I only stayed for a couple of day and I was on my own I would be happy to take family next time as I believe they would have love the swimming pool.

I didn't use the shop but it looked to have the basic stuff required for emergencies.

I had to leave earlier due to a bad back and ripped of my electrics as I tried to leave, but the owner (the name I should know but don't) was very very helpful and with a little work from my leather man had fixed the electrics so I could travel home safely. Would recommend the site especially if you had families

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Allybongo1969 4 reviews from this member

This was our second trip in as many weeks. What a cracking site. Well laid out, lovely modern reception, great location, and a friendly owner Thomas who told me just to pick our pitch and I could sort out the fee later. The toilet blocks were clean and modern, free hot showers, with music playing in the toilets and dishwashing areas to give it a feeling of warmth. There was also free wi fi. The pitches were hard standing. We arrived in the dark and the pitch was lit at the plug in so I reversed in with no problems. I have booked for another 5 days during the Easter break so you cant say more than that.

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jopor 11 reviews from this member

Only a one-night stay but can thoroughly recommend this site. We had a very warm welcome and were able to choose our pitch. Very well-laid out, pitches, mostly well-screened by hedges and pretty level.

Toilet and washing facilities excellent - very clean and so warm, a real bonus at this time of year.

We didn't actually use the on-site dog walk as the warden (owner?) recommended a longer one nearby.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: GMD01 6 reviews from this member

Just back from 2 nights at this site. Warden and staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool is a bit tired but very warm and enjoyed by our grandsons.

Only 2 sinks for dishwashing which could be a problem if the site was busy. Toilets were spotless although there was a blockage in a cubicle which my wife also confirmed was the case in the ladies. The toilet/washing block was clean and warm.

This site is advertised by the Caravan Club as a club site, which its not. It is an affiliated site which while not a major problem we could not use vouchers given as a gift to pay for our weekend.

Will be going back again.

Previous     48 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ayrshire   -   Search for a site

50 Tickets for the NEC Oct Motorhome & Caravan Show Win a Clarke IG2000 2kW Generator

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016