Visitor Reviews - High Sand Creek Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

High Sand Creek Campsite
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR23 1QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  70 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Martindx 7 reviews from this member

This is in a grand spot with views over the salt marshes a very intriguing and wild habitat full of creeks and gullies - you can access the beach by a walk over 5 narrow bridges. We just back from 5 days - really friendly helpful staff, lovely site with plenty of room facilities great - free hot showers. Site borders small wooded areas great for kids to play in and right on the salt marshes - for walks out to the sea and coastal footpath to Wells and Blakeney - we will be back!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bathsheba2 1 review from this member

Lovely big pitches, clean facilities and friendly staff, what's not to like?!

We pitched a six berth+ Quechua and there was loads of room to spare. The site is sloping but didn't present a problem to us or other campers/vanners. It was a good view down over the marshes to the sea. Red Lion in the village does great food albeit not cheap and there is a lovely and well stocked stores about a mile away.

Reviewer: Thebigsleep 1 review from this member

Upon arrival, I received a very friendly welcome from Julie the head steward. The rules and facilities of the site were carefully and clearly explained.

Julie's husband Ray, was as helpful as his wife. He took me to my plot and showed me the modern shower/toilet block. This also included a spacious room for washing one's crockery etc. , and a separate laundry room. Everywhere was nice and clean, and as I discovered later, the water nice and hot. All the plots were nicely marked out; very well organised.

There are many salt water creeks accessible after a short walk. I have talked to swimmers who have said they are good fun. There is a nice outdoor shower facility to wash ones wetsuit, body, kit under, after a swim or a muddy walk.

I stayed for three days at the beginning of the month of August, but returned for another three days at the end. I returned yet again in the middle of September. Marvellous weather; how did they arrange that I wonder?

This was an easy to get to site, which has good views of the sea and adjoining countryside. The bottom end of this camp site abuts the coastal flood plain, which has free public access. I believe it is an English Heritage site.

The camp site ground was quite stony and I had a little difficulty getting my tent pegs in. With perseverance and a little patience, they went in all right.

There is a quaint village shop not far away. Here they serve lovely tea and cake; they also have a well stocked shop. The village has a pub that has a good selection of beers, ales, lagers and the like. A wonderful menu of food too. There are many places of interest to visit nearby, and Wells-Next-The-Sea is only a stone's throw away. A lovely and quiet seaside town.

I am unable to walk or cycle; I came here for the fresh sea/country air, and wasn't disappointed. It is a good place however, to walk and cycle from, either on the coastal path or the narrow country roads, (if you dare).

I recommend you visit this site, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm going to return next year.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Iluvhippos 3 reviews from this member

A really super site with great views over the salt marshes. Pitches seemed really large. Quite busy for mid week, out of season, but plenty of space and no feeling of being crowded. Staff were very helpful and pleasant and keen to make sure everything was satisfactory. Difficult at first to locate the water taps. The toilet/shower block was quite new and always clean and stocked. The six toilets and shower units in the gents were cut to three, no doubt to reduce cleaning time. The showers were hot, but the cubicles had no internal curtains. This meant when the shower was turned on, the spray reached shoes and clothes. Plastic bags were in order second time around! This was our first camp without electric hook ups - a facility we did not miss! Torch required for night time loo visits as campsite has limited external lighting. We will certainly return!

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Andreapotts 2 reviews from this member

Great spacious site with a modern and v clean toilet block. The couple running the campsite were so hospitable and friendly. We stayed for 3 nights. Its a short walk to the local pub where the meals are fab. Alternatively its a short walk to the coastal road bus that runs regularly and gets you to lots of different places. Or its a walk across the salt marshes to the sea ( we could see seals !) We loved this site and will certainly be going back There's nothing to complain about.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Delkay 1 review from this member

Stayed on a busy weekend during gorgeous weather in May. We didn't book an electric hook up, as I estimated we had plenty gas. Wrong! The (lady) warden couldn't have been more helpful. She also let us use the phone to book a table at the pub, and she was all smiles! The site is simple but in a wonderful place, and the walks to the salt marshes are yards away. Not sure the lights in the toilet block work. Seems to be dark in there most of the time, but they are clean and warm.

All in all a great site with excellent wardens and in a lovely spot. We'll be back very soon

Previous     70 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!