Visitor Reviews - High Sand Creek Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

High Sand Creek Campsite
Greenway
Stiffkey
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR23 1QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  68 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Reviewer: Thebigsleep 1 review from this member

Upon arrival, I received a very friendly welcome from Julie the head steward. The rules and facilities of the site were carefully and clearly explained.

Julie's husband Ray, was as helpful as his wife. He took me to my plot and showed me the modern shower/toilet block. This also included a spacious room for washing one's crockery etc. , and a separate laundry room. Everywhere was nice and clean, and as I discovered later, the water nice and hot. All the plots were nicely marked out; very well organised.

There are many salt water creeks accessible after a short walk. I have talked to swimmers who have said they are good fun. There is a nice outdoor shower facility to wash ones wetsuit, body, kit under, after a swim or a muddy walk.

I stayed for three days at the beginning of the month of August, but returned for another three days at the end. I returned yet again in the middle of September. Marvellous weather; how did they arrange that I wonder?

This was an easy to get to site, which has good views of the sea and adjoining countryside. The bottom end of this camp site abuts the coastal flood plain, which has free public access. I believe it is an English Heritage site.

The camp site ground was quite stony and I had a little difficulty getting my tent pegs in. With perseverance and a little patience, they went in all right.

There is a quaint village shop not far away. Here they serve lovely tea and cake; they also have a well stocked shop. The village has a pub that has a good selection of beers, ales, lagers and the like. A wonderful menu of food too. There are many places of interest to visit nearby, and Wells-Next-The-Sea is only a stone's throw away. A lovely and quiet seaside town.

I am unable to walk or cycle; I came here for the fresh sea/country air, and wasn't disappointed. It is a good place however, to walk and cycle from, either on the coastal path or the narrow country roads, (if you dare).

I recommend you visit this site, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm going to return next year.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Iluvhippos 2 reviews from this member

A really super site with great views over the salt marshes. Pitches seemed really large. Quite busy for mid week, out of season, but plenty of space and no feeling of being crowded. Staff were very helpful and pleasant and keen to make sure everything was satisfactory. Difficult at first to locate the water taps. The toilet/shower block was quite new and always clean and stocked. The six toilets and shower units in the gents were cut to three, no doubt to reduce cleaning time. The showers were hot, but the cubicles had no internal curtains. This meant when the shower was turned on, the spray reached shoes and clothes. Plastic bags were in order second time around! This was our first camp without electric hook ups - a facility we did not miss! Torch required for night time loo visits as campsite has limited external lighting. We will certainly return!

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Andreapotts 2 reviews from this member

Great spacious site with a modern and v clean toilet block. The couple running the campsite were so hospitable and friendly. We stayed for 3 nights. Its a short walk to the local pub where the meals are fab. Alternatively its a short walk to the coastal road bus that runs regularly and gets you to lots of different places. Or its a walk across the salt marshes to the sea ( we could see seals !) We loved this site and will certainly be going back There's nothing to complain about.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Delkay 1 review from this member

Stayed on a busy weekend during gorgeous weather in May. We didn't book an electric hook up, as I estimated we had plenty gas. Wrong! The (lady) warden couldn't have been more helpful. She also let us use the phone to book a table at the pub, and she was all smiles! The site is simple but in a wonderful place, and the walks to the salt marshes are yards away. Not sure the lights in the toilet block work. Seems to be dark in there most of the time, but they are clean and warm.

All in all a great site with excellent wardens and in a lovely spot. We'll be back very soon

Reviewer: Bexaniz 9 reviews from this member

What a location! It really makes this campsite. Being so close to the marshes and wooded area with rope swings, it's like stepping back in time. So lovely to see children playing rather than sitting in tents on consoles.

The toilet block is really not the best, but it is no means the worst I've ever been in. It was dirty - inevitable I suppose being next to the marshes - a little smelly and it was very dark most of the time. But it sufficed and there were never any queues that I saw, even in a full bank holiday week. The wardens said it is being renovated in the closed season so I look forward to any improvements.

The pitches, when busy, are very close together. I've never encountered that before so it was a bit of a shock. But towards the end of bank holiday week it thinned out a bit.

Apart from that it is a delightful site and we will definitely return. Close to fab beaches, walking distance to Wells, lovely local pub. Very quiet at night. Lovely!

Date of Visit: March 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mike hoppy 1 review from this member

We arrived at site fri 29th March for three nights. Reception was very good. The owner looked after us very well. The site is very good, friendly and clean with a position right adjacent the marshes. The toilets and showers, etc. are very good and the water was hot, just as well the water was hot, because there is no heating at all in the shower block and it was freezing cold and I mean freezing, must confess that the weather in general was colder than normal. Thought maybe a reduction on the £19 per night maybe offered but not the case, so on one hand the site can be wonderful, on the other hand it's a bit expensive. £19 per night for 12sq mtr of grass, cold shower block and no hookup ! Must stress again that the staff were brilliant.

Previous     68 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar