Visitor Reviews - Clumber Park Caravan and Motorhome Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Clumber Park Caravan and Motorhome Club Site
Lime Tree Avenue
Clumber Park
Worksop
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
S80 3AE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01909 484758

5m  5m  5m 5m  5m   5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  97 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan and Motorhome Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan and Motorhome Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: December 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Neil684 18 reviews from this member

Our third visit and very happy to be back. The site is well laid out in glorious woodland, many pitches are close to gates into the forest - a big plus for our dog. The facilities were fine and the wardens friendly.

The location is brilliant, right in the depths of Clumber Park with many walking routes and within walking distance of the Visitor Centre - although we did walk 8-9 miles one day, taking in aa circuit of the lake. We're not sure if lack of phone/wi-fi is a plus or a minus :-), or just a fact of life.

Another site we expect to return to.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jjv85 1 review from this member

Stayed for a few nights in order to visit Lincoln & Chesterfield on way to Sandringham. We were not impressed, as 'normal' Caravan Club site behaviour did not seem to apply here. People walking through pitches in order to take a straight line approach to the toilet block, even walking directly past our window. 'Walking' dogs on grassed area behind vans. Had a football kicked against our van.

No mobile phone signal (not in the Caravan Clubs control I know), but no wi-fi either.

The wardens must be run ragged keeping the place up to scratch, which they somehow managed to do, - well done!

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sally1b 1 review from this member

This really is a lovely site stunning surroundings the only downside is the unhelpful wardens.

That said I will still go back for a 3rd visit

Took my 2 children 4 and 9 they have had a fab time on both occasions

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Klcd12 12 reviews from this member

Spent the October half term here. Beautiful surroundings but, unfortunately not the high quality site we were expecting. We didn't have bikes or an awning and didn't see any signs regarding security/burglaries etc and, to the best of my knowledge, none occurred while we were there. However, I understand that new wardens/owners have taken over and I have to say that I was not particularly impressed. When we arrived (at 12. 30) all of the hardstanding pitches were either already taken or not in use due to an electrical fault so we ended up on grass. Not a great start. Then, we discovered that the grass pitches are, actually, quite small. The level of cleanliness in the toilet blocks was not good (even immediately after the clean) with hair left in plugholes and the whole floor and benches in the showers being left sopping wet. The cleaners even wanted to get in the blocks earlier than the advertised time and moaned at my husband and others because they had the audacity to be there 5 minutes before the toilets were due to be closed. We were here for 7 nights. After being out all day, with 2 nights left, we arrived back to find that the unit next to us had parked way over from their marker - a good 4 feet too close to us. We hardly had enough room for the car down the side of our van. Regrettably, our neighbours seemed completely oblivious to our lack of space and, when I mentioned it to the receptionist on exit a rather 'brusque' gentleman butted in and was very defensive when I said that the grass pitches were rather small. 'They are 12 feet' he said - I think he got that wrong! As the clocks went back on our first night it was getting dark by 5pm. Children hung around the toilet blocks after this time as this was the only light. A lot of 'vans were decorated with halloween rubbish and loads had fairy lights and light-up poles - it was more like entering Santa's grotto! Luckily we were on the top half of the park because the bottom half was extremely noisy until quite late into the night. The highlight of the week was watching the squirrels (and there were plenty of them) burying their nuts. Clumber Park is beautiful. The setting of the caravan site is also lovely but the way that it is set out made it appear to be more like a caravan sales field rather than a caravan site. The wardens, also, do not seem to care. They do not patrol the site or check on how people have pitched. Not one of the club's best at all so we shan't be returning!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 43 reviews from this member

Spent one night here with my partner and daughter. We will not be returning.

In February, when we stayed (see my earlier review) we were a little put off about the security issues but thought we'd try again.

We were booked in for the Monday night of the August BH; for those of you who don't know the weather in that area was appalling that day. We had left Lincoln in pouring rain (I got soaked packing everything away despite have a rainproof coat on!) and I thought even though I wouldn't be able to get on pitch I could at least park up at Clumber in the LNA spot and wait until I could check-in. I made reasonable time and arrived alone (daughter and partner were in here car undertaking family visits etc. And arrived later) at about 9. 45. On arrival I pulled into the LNA area and was approached by two male wardens; one asked me rather brusquely if I had booked, which I had, and was told I couldn't check-in until 11. 30. I told the warden I was aware of that and was just going to wait in the LNA bay until then. At this suggestion I was told, pretty bluntly to sling my hook as I couldn't wait there because the exit was going to be so busy. I have an RV and am very aware that I can seem rather large but for any of you that know Clumber Park CC site, there is definitely enough space for me to wait. That said, my issue isn't even with the fact they didn't want me to wait there, it was the attitude of this unfriendly jobs-worth (a term my 10yo daughter now understands perfectly!). I would add that the rest of the wardens seemed friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately because of the appalling weather we didn't actually spend any time in Clumber park and just went to Dobbies at Clowne and had a nice shop followed by cream tea; visited family and had a very nice fish and chips from a chippy in Worksop.

I have read on this site and others about the occasional officiousness of CC wardens but this is the first time I have experienced it. As I say, for this reason and those around security etc. We will not be returning.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lees14 13 reviews from this member

Our first visit to this site & its 1 of our favourite sites, its only 15 mins from home so it was ideal for a weekend away, friendly wardens on arrival, clean & spotless facilities, there's also a good kids play area, clumber park is well worth a visit although its 6. 80 to park the car if you are not a national trust member

Previous     97 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan and Motorhome Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Tent Win tickets to the NEC Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show

UKCS Meet NEC Caravan Camping & Motorhome Show - 21st to 26th February
Hundreds of caravans, motorhomes, tents, holiday lodges and 1000's of accessories all under one roof! ...more