Visitor Reviews - Clumber Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Clumber Park Caravan And Motorhome Club Site
Lime Tree Avenue
Clumber Park
Worksop
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
S80 3AE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01342 327 490

5m  5m  5m 5m  5m   5m  5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  102 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: November 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Georg Johannes 26 reviews from this member

First stay here. Not a happy camper. Won't be returning.

1. Found a truly disgusting half-eaten butcher's dog bone and other litter on my pitch on arrival.

2. Could not park where I should have done, for fire safety reasons, and also make my very long TV aerial cable extension reach the van. Had to choose one or the other. Very unsettling because I knew I was too close to the neighbouring van. I did return to the office the following morning to discuss a possible pitch move but it was closed between 10 am and 12 noon for toilet block cleaning. I would have thought that this was the time when most visitors would need to call into the office before they go out for the day.

The site needs to advise of the length of TV aerial cable extension required before you arrive. Had I known I could have bought an even longer one.

3. Whilst I realize woodland has to be managed, especially in the autumn, I was very much disturbed by the almost constant noise of chainsaws during the day, which, on one day seemed to be right behind my van. I think this could have been foreseen and I could have been placed elsewhere.

4. Although I was given the choice of a few pitches I was also told, on arrival, that many people had not yet left when they should have done. It was 12. 30 pm and leavers should have departed by 12 noon. Clearly, this cut down the number of pitches available to me, even though I had arrived after the earliest time allowed.

5. Finally, but most importantly, it is of the utmost importance to me to feel valued as a customer by the site staff. I was treated on two occasions, by the same woman, as if I was a naughty school-child. Not impressed. There really was no need for that. There are ways of speaking politely to customers and this wasn't one of them.

I will be making a formal complaint to the CAMC.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: David Klyne 196 reviews from this member

To Find Site:- Exit A1 for Worksop and at roundabout at end of slip road take first left onto A614 in the direction of Ollerton. In about half a mile watch out for signs to Clumber Park and CMC sign to the right and proceed through stone arch. Continue for about a mile and a half to cross roads and turn right and immediately left for campsite.

Clumber Park CMC site is, as the name implies, situated in the midst of the beautiful Clumber Park which is run by the National Trust. There are 178 pitches on a mix of grass or hardstandings, all can accept awnings. The site is quite wooded but there are pitches which have a more open situation. Electric points are convenient to all pitches and are rated at 16 amps and use CEE17 blue connectors, twist action required to lock them into bollard socket. The bollards also have a co-ax TV connector as the terrestrial signal is poor. These are free to use but you must provide your own cable. There are two toilet blocks of the usual Club standard. Fresh and waste water service points are dotted around the site. The motorhome service point is alongside one of the toilet blocks and is yet to be converted to the new standard so still requires heavy drain covers to be lifted and the drains are not very well positioned to allow alignment to allow you to position the motorhome. A new innovation on this site is a bike and dog wash. For children there is an adventure style playground and next door a small ball game area. WiFi on site is currently pretty poor and the Club are in the process of upgrading this to a more acceptable standard. Mobile signal in the immediate vicinity of the campsite seems non- existent. So perhaps not the site for internet loving teens! The location of this site seems to make it vulnerable to on site theft, particularly of bicycles and to counteract this, the Club has a secure bicycle storage unit with is accessible from 8. 00am to 10. 00pm when the storage is locked down for the night. Reception sells a few essentials and newspapers can be ordered. Across from Reception is an information cabin with details of local attractions. During our short stay we noticed two off site takeaway food options, one a fish and chip van on a Friday night and a Pizza van on the Saturday.

Out and about I suspect Clumber Park is probably the main visitor attraction with lots of opportunities for walks and cycle rides. If you take a car offsite into the park you will have to pay a per person fee. However this does not apply to Nation Trust members or walkers or cyclists. There is a visitor centre and café near to where the old Mansion stood. Bike hire is also available. Worksop is the nearest town with major supermarkets. Further away but certainly within easy day travelling distance are Newark on Trent and Lincoln.

Reviewer: Hotbeat52 1 review from this member

Just returned from our very first outing in a caravan, going to Clumber Park. I cannot speak too highly of our reception and back up from the staff. Offers of advice and help from Andy were soon acted upon, travelled with security lock on, reversing caravan compressed alco and made unhitching impossible. Andy arrived and sorted us out in two minutes, a common problem for complete novices, which we certainly were.

So much to learn in such a short space of time, awning erected without argument which was a bonus. We needed the help of a fellow caravanner who let us borrow a lump hammer and steel pins, without them, awning would not have gone up, lovely couple from Lancashire.

As well as the practicalities of our first trip, it is obvious from a negative comment on here that there are certain 'conventions ' unwritten rules to learn, I. E. Sticking to paths and not walking over the grass or pitches.

I have learned from trip advisor that some people will find fault in a locked room, this is a fabulous site, which has needed a terrific amount of overwinter work from the team, clearing leaves and twigs. As a professional gardener I know how never ending this job is, every time the job is finished, the wind puts you back to square one. Well done team😄

The constant support and friendly staff really helped us to survive our first outing.

What a fabulous area with walks galore, seeing buzzards circling overhead and hearing large numbers of owls at night made a return visit as a wildlife photographer a must. Watching the great crested grebes in early courtship display, wonderful.

This place is a jewel of peace and tranquillity.

See you soon !

Reviewer: Nick56 7 reviews from this member

Lovely camp site right in the middle of Clumber Park, the facilities are as you would expect from a Caravan Club Site, very good. The site was full when we arrived but only one ablution block open, why!? Sign stating closed for the Winter, clearly winter is over and the members are coming out to use the nice weather. Get the ablutions open. Wifi not functioning as it should, the staff have had all winter to sort out maintenance, it appears the staff are just stating to work.

Reviewer: Lobraes 25 reviews from this member

Wonderful weekend break here. We don't live far away so it's the perfect place for a relaxing weekend. Unbelievably quiet, set in the forest. Surrounded by walks and trails. The dogs were in heaven ! Lovely level pitches and very well spaced out. Great showers normal CC club standard.

Little shop in reception ( very friendly welcome on arrival) selling very bare essentials. Visitor centre nearby but spent our time walking and running in the forest.

Can't wait to return !

Date of Visit: December 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Neil684 23 reviews from this member

Our third visit and very happy to be back. The site is well laid out in glorious woodland, many pitches are close to gates into the forest - a big plus for our dog. The facilities were fine and the wardens friendly.

The location is brilliant, right in the depths of Clumber Park with many walking routes and within walking distance of the Visitor Centre - although we did walk 8-9 miles one day, taking in aa circuit of the lake. We're not sure if lack of phone/wi-fi is a plus or a minus :-), or just a fact of life.

Another site we expect to return to.

Previous     102 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Pop up Utility tent

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018