Visitor Reviews - Clumber Park Caravan Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Clumber Park Caravan Club Site
Lime Tree Avenue
Clumber Park
Worksop
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
S80 3AE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01909 484758

5m  5m  5m 5m  5m   5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  96 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jjv85 1 review from this member

Stayed for a few nights in order to visit Lincoln & Chesterfield on way to Sandringham. We were not impressed, as 'normal' Caravan Club site behaviour did not seem to apply here. People walking through pitches in order to take a straight line approach to the toilet block, even walking directly past our window. 'Walking' dogs on grassed area behind vans. Had a football kicked against our van.

No mobile phone signal (not in the Caravan Clubs control I know), but no wi-fi either.

The wardens must be run ragged keeping the place up to scratch, which they somehow managed to do, - well done!

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sally1b 1 review from this member

This really is a lovely site stunning surroundings the only downside is the unhelpful wardens.

That said I will still go back for a 3rd visit

Took my 2 children 4 and 9 they have had a fab time on both occasions

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Klcd12 12 reviews from this member

Spent the October half term here. Beautiful surroundings but, unfortunately not the high quality site we were expecting. We didn't have bikes or an awning and didn't see any signs regarding security/burglaries etc and, to the best of my knowledge, none occurred while we were there. However, I understand that new wardens/owners have taken over and I have to say that I was not particularly impressed. When we arrived (at 12. 30) all of the hardstanding pitches were either already taken or not in use due to an electrical fault so we ended up on grass. Not a great start. Then, we discovered that the grass pitches are, actually, quite small. The level of cleanliness in the toilet blocks was not good (even immediately after the clean) with hair left in plugholes and the whole floor and benches in the showers being left sopping wet. The cleaners even wanted to get in the blocks earlier than the advertised time and moaned at my husband and others because they had the audacity to be there 5 minutes before the toilets were due to be closed. We were here for 7 nights. After being out all day, with 2 nights left, we arrived back to find that the unit next to us had parked way over from their marker - a good 4 feet too close to us. We hardly had enough room for the car down the side of our van. Regrettably, our neighbours seemed completely oblivious to our lack of space and, when I mentioned it to the receptionist on exit a rather 'brusque' gentleman butted in and was very defensive when I said that the grass pitches were rather small. 'They are 12 feet' he said - I think he got that wrong! As the clocks went back on our first night it was getting dark by 5pm. Children hung around the toilet blocks after this time as this was the only light. A lot of 'vans were decorated with halloween rubbish and loads had fairy lights and light-up poles - it was more like entering Santa's grotto! Luckily we were on the top half of the park because the bottom half was extremely noisy until quite late into the night. The highlight of the week was watching the squirrels (and there were plenty of them) burying their nuts. Clumber Park is beautiful. The setting of the caravan site is also lovely but the way that it is set out made it appear to be more like a caravan sales field rather than a caravan site. The wardens, also, do not seem to care. They do not patrol the site or check on how people have pitched. Not one of the club's best at all so we shan't be returning!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 39 reviews from this member

Spent one night here with my partner and daughter. We will not be returning.

In February, when we stayed (see my earlier review) we were a little put off about the security issues but thought we'd try again.

We were booked in for the Monday night of the August BH; for those of you who don't know the weather in that area was appalling that day. We had left Lincoln in pouring rain (I got soaked packing everything away despite have a rainproof coat on!) and I thought even though I wouldn't be able to get on pitch I could at least park up at Clumber in the LNA spot and wait until I could check-in. I made reasonable time and arrived alone (daughter and partner were in here car undertaking family visits etc. And arrived later) at about 9. 45. On arrival I pulled into the LNA area and was approached by two male wardens; one asked me rather brusquely if I had booked, which I had, and was told I couldn't check-in until 11. 30. I told the warden I was aware of that and was just going to wait in the LNA bay until then. At this suggestion I was told, pretty bluntly to sling my hook as I couldn't wait there because the exit was going to be so busy. I have an RV and am very aware that I can seem rather large but for any of you that know Clumber Park CC site, there is definitely enough space for me to wait. That said, my issue isn't even with the fact they didn't want me to wait there, it was the attitude of this unfriendly jobs-worth (a term my 10yo daughter now understands perfectly!). I would add that the rest of the wardens seemed friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately because of the appalling weather we didn't actually spend any time in Clumber park and just went to Dobbies at Clowne and had a nice shop followed by cream tea; visited family and had a very nice fish and chips from a chippy in Worksop.

I have read on this site and others about the occasional officiousness of CC wardens but this is the first time I have experienced it. As I say, for this reason and those around security etc. We will not be returning.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lees14 13 reviews from this member

Our first visit to this site & its 1 of our favourite sites, its only 15 mins from home so it was ideal for a weekend away, friendly wardens on arrival, clean & spotless facilities, there's also a good kids play area, clumber park is well worth a visit although its 6. 80 to park the car if you are not a national trust member

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Madam 11 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a couple of nights at this site. We are two adults and two dogs with a touring caravan. We found that this site ticked all the boxes for us. Easy access to the site for all sizes of vehicles, you must follow the instructions on the website or in the caravan club book as your sat nav will take you into parts of the National Trust Parkland that you may have to pay entry to or find the gates closed at certain times of the day. The instructions are very simple and it is quick easy access off the main road. This site was friendly, peaceful and quiet during the week with a bit more of a family feel to the weekends when more families arrive with young children as there is a nice, safe play area on site for young children. The site is situated perfectly within the Clumber Park which is forest, grassland, National Trust gardens and lake with tearoom and shop. Miles and miles of walks and cycle paths which were great for us and the dogs to explore. Bonus that you can walk 90% of the National Trust area and tearooms without paying any admission fee. The site was very clean and well kept with friendly wardens at reception selling some provisions. The pitches were generous and there was plenty of space, you did not feel crowded even when the site filled up over the Friday/Saturday. Toilet blocks were a little dated (have seen plenty much, much worse) but immaculately clean. We found all the wardens friendly, even to the point that they stopped for a chat as they did their rounds of the site, which is always nice as they can give you tips on the local facilities outside of the site. Fish and chip van on the Friday evening which sold a good sized and tasty portion.

Bike theft is, unfortunately, a problem that the cycling camper should be aware of on sites like this that attract a lot of keen cyclists with good quality bikes. Your bikes should be kept in your car (covered) or caravan over night for security and not left in the awning as a common sense precaution. That said, however, all in all a lovely site and we hope to return soon.

Previous     96 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

50 Tickets for the NEC Oct Motorhome & Caravan Show Win a Clarke IG2000 2kW Generator

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016