Visitor Reviews - Clumber Park Caravan Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Clumber Park Caravan Club Site
Lime Tree Avenue
Clumber Park
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
S80 3AE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01909 484758

5m  5m  5m 5m  5m   5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  93 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 30 reviews from this member

Spent one night here with my partner and daughter. We will not be returning.

In February, when we stayed (see my earlier review) we were a little put off about the security issues but thought we'd try again.

We were booked in for the Monday night of the August BH; for those of you who don't know the weather in that area was appalling that day. We had left Lincoln in pouring rain (I got soaked packing everything away despite have a rainproof coat on!) and I thought even though I wouldn't be able to get on pitch I could at least park up at Clumber in the LNA spot and wait until I could check-in. I made reasonable time and arrived alone (daughter and partner were in here car undertaking family visits etc. And arrived later) at about 9. 45. On arrival I pulled into the LNA area and was approached by two male wardens; one asked me rather brusquely if I had booked, which I had, and was told I couldn't check-in until 11. 30. I told the warden I was aware of that and was just going to wait in the LNA bay until then. At this suggestion I was told, pretty bluntly to sling my hook as I couldn't wait there because the exit was going to be so busy. I have an RV and am very aware that I can seem rather large but for any of you that know Clumber Park CC site, there is definitely enough space for me to wait. That said, my issue isn't even with the fact they didn't want me to wait there, it was the attitude of this unfriendly jobs-worth (a term my 10yo daughter now understands perfectly!). I would add that the rest of the wardens seemed friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately because of the appalling weather we didn't actually spend any time in Clumber park and just went to Dobbies at Clowne and had a nice shop followed by cream tea; visited family and had a very nice fish and chips from a chippy in Worksop.

I have read on this site and others about the occasional officiousness of CC wardens but this is the first time I have experienced it. As I say, for this reason and those around security etc. We will not be returning.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lees14 13 reviews from this member

Our first visit to this site & its 1 of our favourite sites, its only 15 mins from home so it was ideal for a weekend away, friendly wardens on arrival, clean & spotless facilities, there's also a good kids play area, clumber park is well worth a visit although its 6. 80 to park the car if you are not a national trust member

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Madam 11 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a couple of nights at this site. We are two adults and two dogs with a touring caravan. We found that this site ticked all the boxes for us. Easy access to the site for all sizes of vehicles, you must follow the instructions on the website or in the caravan club book as your sat nav will take you into parts of the National Trust Parkland that you may have to pay entry to or find the gates closed at certain times of the day. The instructions are very simple and it is quick easy access off the main road. This site was friendly, peaceful and quiet during the week with a bit more of a family feel to the weekends when more families arrive with young children as there is a nice, safe play area on site for young children. The site is situated perfectly within the Clumber Park which is forest, grassland, National Trust gardens and lake with tearoom and shop. Miles and miles of walks and cycle paths which were great for us and the dogs to explore. Bonus that you can walk 90% of the National Trust area and tearooms without paying any admission fee. The site was very clean and well kept with friendly wardens at reception selling some provisions. The pitches were generous and there was plenty of space, you did not feel crowded even when the site filled up over the Friday/Saturday. Toilet blocks were a little dated (have seen plenty much, much worse) but immaculately clean. We found all the wardens friendly, even to the point that they stopped for a chat as they did their rounds of the site, which is always nice as they can give you tips on the local facilities outside of the site. Fish and chip van on the Friday evening which sold a good sized and tasty portion.

Bike theft is, unfortunately, a problem that the cycling camper should be aware of on sites like this that attract a lot of keen cyclists with good quality bikes. Your bikes should be kept in your car (covered) or caravan over night for security and not left in the awning as a common sense precaution. That said, however, all in all a lovely site and we hope to return soon.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Landy2 3 reviews from this member

We have visited the site many times over many years. We love the myriad of walks and cycle rides and have always enjoyed our stay without exception or complaint-until this visit. We put our electric bikes in the lock up as requested, as usual locking them together. However on the day we left we went to pick them up and found the bike lock had been 2/3rds cut through. After speaking to the warden on duty, discovered someone, without making a forced entry, made off with our bikes at 3am that morning. A very kind caravanner alerted the warden on duty after hearing the alarm. Who then retrieved our bikes and returned them to the lock up. We wish to Thank that warden and caravanner.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Smartrad 7 reviews from this member

After reading some reviews regarding thefts of bicycles / from awnings etc. We almost didn't go.

But I'm glad we did. All we had to do was ensure we took our bikes to the secure lockup as they tell you to do. And we put our BBQ away after use.

It was in no reflection a problem to do this. They are better to inform you than for you to find out the hard way!

A lovely family friendly site, we had a lovely time

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Plader 2 reviews from this member

There's one huge problem with this site that no-one else here is mentioning.

Well, as just about everyone else says, the site is brilliant and the staff are friendly and there's a kids' playground and it's quiet and in the middle of the forest with cycling opportunities all around. And all this is just wonderful so I won't repeat it.

But there's a huge problem. Every evening at dusk, the wardens come around and tell anyone who has a bike that they must lock it in the secure shed provided. Otherwise it will be stolen overnight. The wardens tell you that padlocking the bike won't make any difference because the thieves will use bolt cutters.

You can even padlock it to your motorhome bike rack, and they'll still use the bolt cutters, on your vehicle, while you're sleeping in it. This is a pretty scary picture the wardens are painting.

Maybe you hope that the wardens are exaggerating? Not at all. A neighbour pointed out that she had had exactly that experience on her previous visit. (And she came back?!)

There are also signs on the site warning caravanners to leave nothing in their awnings. Because, yes you guessed correctly, it will be stolen.

Previous     93 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!