Visitor Reviews - Hooks House Farm Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Hooks House Farm Campsite
Whitby Road
Robin Hoods Bay
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO22 4PE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01947 880283

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  5m  1m  1m  5m   5m  1m  1m

Open:

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  218 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Branty 7 reviews from this member

Great views over Robin Hoods Bay from this site. Facilities are clean and bright with plentiful hot water and good hot showers. Walkable distance out of Robin Hoods Bay and handy for local walks along the disused railway track. The site is on quite a slope but the owners are incredibly organised and helpful. The owner got our van up on the readily available solid wooden blocks and levelled it more accurately than I usually manage! Someone is available to help you get your van ready to pull off again at the end of your stay. There are also large plastic 'tiles' that you can use to provide a dry standing area or path across the grass if it is wet - very thoughtful. There is a very good wash-up area for campers with fridge and freezer facilities and information about the local area displayed in there. Nice cafe down at Bogle Hole (but very steep road down to it if you can't get there via the beach when the tide is out!). We also had a nice meal at the Fylingdale Inn which is walkable (but take a torch for the walk back through the field!). Dog friendly bar inside with a nice outdoor area for fine weather.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bellaruss 6 reviews from this member

We've had a fantastic week here. The owners were extremely helpful in helping to set the caravan up - he's got his landrover at the ready to tow your caravan and reverse it into position if needed. As the site is on a hill, he has also got pre made wooden blocks on each pitch to make the caravan level. The view is just stunning, and each pitch looks down and across the bay. The facilities were kept clean, however as it was bank holiday the site was particularly busy so the toilets and showers weren't as clean as they had been earlier in the week.

A walk down the fairly steep hill through the fields takes you into the town and then it's a short walk down through the old town to the beach. There is a fab playpark enroute with a big wooden pirate ship and lots more. You can pick up the Cleveland way cliff top walk, plus the cinder track, which is the old railway line. This is perfect for bikes and you can ride to Whitby or ravenscar which is in the opposite direction. Lots of cafes and places to have ice creams wherever we went, including the little gem of a place in bogglehole which is a short walk on the beach or over the cliffs if the tide is in.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mumsy100 4 reviews from this member

Currently here for the first time and have to say that it is the best site we have ever stayed on. Everything you read about the area in previous reviews are true - beautiful, views, welcoming etc. Owners are superb and very very welcoming and helpful. Would definitely come back again.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: LeedsMumOf4 6 reviews from this member

Our favourite site!

Try and get a pitch on the very top of the field so you get a panoramic view of the bay and glorious sunsets.

Walk down the path to the sea, have fish and chips from the alley shop, and eat them at the pub terrace next to the slipway. Bliss!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: GraceFinnie123 1 review from this member

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this campsite.

When we arrived we were assisted over to a space in which then Paul mowed the lawn for us, so that we have fresh grass underneath the tent.

The day we arrived it was quite windy, and as we were putting up the tent Paul, Gill, Gordon, Jo and the people camping next to us all asked if we needed help, which was a lovely gesture.

The campsites location is amazing, even though it is on a slight slope they already have pre made ramps to keep caravans levelled.

The facilities are spotless, there are washrooms, toilets and showers. Also there is a small portakabin in which had 3 sinks, 2 freezers, a fridge, a kettle, a microwave and a disabled toilet, which I think is nice as people who don't have EHU.

Another thing is they have is 3 sinks outside, so you can watch the sunset while doing the day's dishes. The toilets are always spotless, apart the occasional spider haha! The washrooms have adequate space to do your hair and teeth, or generally freshen up. The showers are large with plenty of room to get washed. They have a large playing field to walk the dog on, or like me, have a kick-about with my sisters or fly my kite.

Even though it is a slightly small campsite, there is a lot of room between each tent and around each caravan.

It is great value for money! For my mum, step-dad, 2 sisters and I it was cheap as chips. I think it is well worth what you pay for the breathtaking view, it is truly wonderful.

The people at reception were so kind and friendly. They were always at reception. The customer service was excellent, couldn't fault it.

This campsite is definitely child friendly. There is a large field to play on, and everyone at the campsite is friendly and willing to help.

Overall, this is a great campsite which gets a big 10/10 from me. I have been going since I was 8, and I'm now 12. I'm definitely coming back!

P. S. Don't tell too many people, otherwise they won't be enough room for me :)

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Emski_123 2 reviews from this member

We had a superb week here at the start of the summer hols. The campsite was full but it didn't have the feeling of being crowded. The location was stunning, as regular campers we go away 2-3 times a year and can honestly say the view from this site was one of the best we have ever had! Beautiful views over Robin hoods' bay, idyllic!

The facilities were spotless and the freezers in the pot wash room were fab, no pesky queuing to change freezer packs over (and missing reception opening times as we always seem to do!). On this site you had access to the freezers 24/7 which meant we were always able to keep our food cool in the cool box. A simple touch but made a big difference!

Fantastic site, great location for some amazing walks, we will definitely return if back in the area, highly recommend!

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Kazloo 15 reviews from this member

We normally use our caravan however for a change on this occasion we rented the cottage on the site. I did however have a good look round the campsite and cannot fault it in any way. The family who run it work from dawn til dusk and beyond keeping the place spotless and doing general maintenance. On top of all that it is also a working farm which also keeps them busy. The site is on a slight slope however each pitch has its own level blocks for caravans and campers and the owners are happy to pitch in and assist with pitching vans. Nothing appears to be to much trouble to them. The shower blocks etc look reasonably new and are kept very clean although I never used them. There is also an area with freezers, microwave kettle etc for the use of campers. A short walk through a field takes you to the village which is very quaint with a good selection of pubs and restaurants and a great beach. If you turn right at the bottom of the field it takes you to the Fylingdale Inn and a general store in about 10 minutes walk. The Inn serves lovely food with an extensive menu and the store has a good stock including newspapers, beer, wine, beach toys etc etc. Also very friendly staff and a DVD rental area if weather is bad. The area is lovely and I would not hesitate to return to the site in my caravan. A great holiday and thanks to the hard working owners. Didn't mention the view. Just go take a look for yourself.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Chris4 18 reviews from this member

This site is run by an exceptionally friendly and welcoming family, all of whom go out of their way to make your stay as good as possible. The site is a great location with wonderful views across the bay and only a short walk to the village. It is relatively sloping with limited level pitches and only a few hard-standing ones. The toilets and showers are adequate and very clean. The price is very reasonable given the location and views.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nortoon Lad 6 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 5 days in September. We were given a brilliant pitch overlooking the bay and Paul even set our caravan up for us.

Its a fabulous site in a beautiful location with excellent facilities.

All we can say is we will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: I Love Camping123 1 review from this member

Absolutely Loved My Stay At This Campsite!

As I stayed for 7 days (1 week) I couldn't have asked for a better time !

We arrived early Friday morning and the staff at reception were very friendly.

Gill greeted us warmly and assisted us over to Paul who took us to our space.

Paul also mowed the lawn so we had fresh grass under our tent.

Seeing as we booked early so we could be at the top to use EHU they were extremely helpful attaching us to power. The price is reasonable, as I would pay the price mainly for the astonishing view!

The campsite is on a slight slope but that didn't bother us in the slightest! (Me, My 2 sistes and parents)

It was also a bit breezy but that didn't bother us for enjoying our stay.

The facilities are spot on, there is a small portakabin with 3 sinks, a disabled toilet, a kettle & microwave and a fridge and freezer.

The fridge was extremely good use and the microwave and kettle were good extras for people who needed them.

There were also three sinks outdoors so you could watch the sunset while doing the dishes! The toilets were spotless, apart from the occasional spider haha! Also the showers gave out plenty of heat and were free! The washrooms had adequate space to brush your teeth and get cleaned up.

There was a playing field for me and my sisters to fly our kites on and have a kick about, whilst overlooking the bay and it's beautiful view.

It is about a 10-15minute walk down to Robin Hoods Bay through the campsite, and also a bus going to Whitby hourly. I would also check out Falling Foss and its tea gardens, it is around ten minutes drive and 20mins cycle and is definitely worth a visit.

I don't have a single criticism! You couldn't fault it ! I absolutely loved our stay and can't wait to come back soon. I definitely would recommend this campsite.

Previous     218 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Inflatable HandiRack Roof Rack and Waterproof HandiHoldall Win a Superb Outwell Picnic Package

UKCS Meet Truckfest Original15 - 16 July 2017
Newark & Notts Showground - exciting family entertainment with weekend camping ...more