Visitor Reviews - Sheriff Hutton Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > York > Site Reviews

Sheriff Hutton Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Bracken Hill
Sheriff Hutton
York
York   (Browse area)
YO60 6QG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Open: 26 Mar 2015 - 02 Nov 2015

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  66 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cpaalp 6 reviews from this member

We booked the day before & got the last 2 electric pitches and they managed to get us both side by side. The site is immaculate, roomy pitches and the facilities spot on. Even though the site was virtually booked up there was hardly anyone using the showers/toilets at any time so never had to queue and they were always clean. About a mile from the village and it is in the countryside so very quiet and peaceful. We were there for the triathlon at Castle Howard and they very kindly allowed us our pitch until 2pm so we didn't have to pack up early. Recommend the pizza delivery service! Would definitely stay here again.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: AdenG1 6 reviews from this member

Only caravanning since the beginning of the year and last weekend was my second visit to Sheriff Hutton. Like it so much that I have booked to go back next weekend.

The site is excellent - a large flat field sheltered by hedges around the perimeter with well spaced hardstanding. You need rock pegs if you are putting up an awning on the hardstanding as both the van and the awning need to fit on the hardstanding and its made up of crushed rocks.

The staff are all really friendly and take a real pride in the site - no rubbish, all amenities clean and grass well cared for.

Proximity to York is a major plus - a short drive down the road is the Monks Cross shopping centre with many shops and restaurants. This is also one of the park and ride locations for York so you can jump on a bus.

Plenty to see within a short distance - I travelled up to Nunnington Hall, which is closer to the Slingsby site but is still only about 10 miles away and had a very relaxing visit.

Cant wait to visit again - best bit is that's later this week!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Winky9557 4 reviews from this member

This is a great site not far from York. The wardens are very helpful and are always pleasant when you talk to them. The site is enclosed with high hedges and trees, this helps to calm any strong winds. All the pitches are well maintained, whether hard standing or grass. The toilets are clean and warm, and the showers are warm and powerful. If coming back to yorkshire anytime this would be first campsite we would try and book.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Freyja 56 reviews from this member

Our first time on this site. Arrived on Sunday 7th and it was a lovely day. Next day it poured from early morning till 3. 30pm. So we stayed another night. Lovely clean tidy site. £15. 50 per night for 2 adults and a dog. I think they charge for awning but I don't use one so don't know the price. I phoned before hand and the lady on the phone said just turn up. Very busy but still few pitches. Hardstanding pitches. Plenty room. You are located a pitch and told to put your jockey wheel on a slab, On this end pitch you are told to park car in front of caravan. While my hubby was setting up I decided to park the car and I ran the car into the jockey wheel casing and pushed the side of the car in. That made me popular with him.

Laundry room, another room with fridge for making ice, a microwave and a kettle. Shower block 3 showers, one disable, 3 loos. 20p for a 5 minute shower. 20p for hair dryer. Recycling on site. Free internet, the code is on a window. There is also a room with 2 large couches and a TV on the wall and a ping pong table. The office is open for an hour in the morning and an hour at night. Quiet site. Everyone in bed by 11. 15. Pm.

Morrisons supermarket is 3 miles along the road. Open 8 -10 mon - Saturday, sunday 10 - 4 (I think, not sure). Also a Sainsburys next to it.

Not a well sign posted site. My hubby disagreed he said I should use my eyes. You turn down the road to Dunnington and there is a tiny brown sign with a caravan on it only about a foot above the ground. Turn in right and site is a couple of hundred yards along on the right.

Just before the site is a farm. In a little box at the gate are a few boxes of fresh laid eggs. Also an honesty tin to put your £1. 00 in. The day it rained I tried to find a dog friendly place but only place I could find was a small café, Jorick Café up from the Shambles Lane. Baked potatoes £3. 10 filling 50p-80p. Full breakfast £6. 10 with 2 slice toast and a tea. Cheap and cheerful, and tasty. It had 6 tables outside under the building. Had to sit among smokers but beggars can't be choosers as the say. My husband went to War Museum which was free (but they recommend a £3. 00 donation) He had no money in his pocket as usual so I made him go back with a fiver. He also went to the plane museum which had an £8.00 entry fee. Café on site. I just sat outside with our dog. We parked in the esplanade car park. Its in the town centre next to the river.

I would come back to this site and ask about staying for a few weeks but it was too far from my home (5hs) I would come back again. I loved this site. No play area on site. Its more an adults site I think.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Edmund Ridsdale 7 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site at the end of May for a week. Part of the week my wife and myself and dog and part of the week my son and his wife and child and we were all totally satisfied with the warm welcome we received and the excellent standard of the site in all respects.

The Shower/ toilet blocks are second to none and I cant remember any other caravan site to match these in many years of caravanning and camping.

The one and only niggle is the rubbish bins are only situated at the reception and are of the large wheeled bin variety. I can understand the reason for this as small dustbins distributed around the site, often where the water points are, can be unsightly and require frequent emptying or they become a health hazard. So on the whole I don't see this as a negative at all although it was a bit of a drag having to trail across the site to drop one's rubbish off.

I would definitely visit this site again and don't usually revisit sites very often.

Thanks to the great site staff for making it such a good stay.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Graym58 2 reviews from this member

This an all round fantastic site.

Shower blocks and all facilities first class.

You cannot win with the water too hot for some and too cold for others.

Camping field and pitches are well drained.

Wardens very friendly and helpful

Crammed in a bit August bank holiday we had a tent within 5 feet of our van but they where a nice family so we didn't complain but still they should have been advised not to pitch within 6 meters as is the rule.

This is my favorite club site

Cant really fault it.

Close to York for park and ride clifton moor and monks cross shopping centres.

We will be back next season

Cant wait

Previous     66 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in York   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 – 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!