Visitor Reviews - Immervoulin Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Perthshire > Site Reviews

Immervoulin Caravan And Camping Park
Perthshire   (Browse area)
FK18 8NJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  1m   1m  1m

Reviews:  64 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Paddyvan 5 reviews from this member

Just back from a couple of nights on this site, lovely well kept and tidy site with the toilets kept clean on a daily if not twice daily basis. Staff / owners very helpful and ready to assist with any problems encountered at all at any time. There is a little shop on site that sells most of what you might need. Views from the site are lovely too. Just a walk up the road 10mins takes you to the little village of Strathyre with a shop and 2 pubs doing food and beer. We'll be back again maybe just not right next to the river when the dreaded midges are out to play ! One row back would be best when they are out.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Humber 5 reviews from this member

Hi I love this site I have visited it many time's over the years and had always found it in a very good condition with good clean facilities and nice pitches, however it felt a wee bit drab this time, the best thing is I have made friends with some of the people who are on seasonal pitches and find them to be a very happy helpful bunch of people who have made their caravan pitches into there own wee bit of eden they look great with some excellent craft work and homely touches, I like things to have a personal touch I hate caravans lined up like little white boxes or snooty folk who look down their nose at other's, thankfully this site has very few like that and none of them are on seasonal pitches. There is a nice typical scottish burn running near the site and many nearby lochs to fish, if walking in beautiful Scotland or even cycling is your thing this is a fantastic place to do it, the safari park and go ape is only 20 min away, all in all a wee gem of a place in a great location, with some real caravaners who make it their relaxed home from home and will make you very welcome

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Jazzyboy 3 reviews from this member

I don't usually comment on campsites I visit as if I don't like it I just don't bother going back. However I felt the need to comment on Immervoulin as it really irked me.

Firstly the good points.

Location is excellent, close to Callander and all the Trossachs has to offer. The walk from the south end of the park along the river to Loch Lubnaig is fantastic, I saw Herons, Dippers and a Kingfisher.

My main gripe with Caravan Parks are toilets. The Toilet and Shower facilities were impeccable. They were how I would wish all my toilets/showers to be. However. In this day and age to charge 20p for 2 minutes of showering is nothing short of disgraceful. I would rather spend an extra 5 than have to make sure I had change to have a shower. Also mid showering when you are covered in lather you have to then find another coin is draconian.

The site itself could be so picturesque if it wasn't for the Trailer Park theme it portrayed with half the site given over to permanent sites where the owners had made they're only little piece of tackynes, wicker fences, gnomes and even an imitation pond. , these I might add were all in need of repair. The caravans also were all 10 year old plus. It just gave the air of a travellers park, no disrespect to travellers.

I am a pet lover owning a dog, parrots and fish, however on walking to my camper van with my small dog I was accosted by a couple with no less than seven yes seven Springer Spaniels. Granted only 4 of them went for my dog so it could have been worse.

Overall it is a site a would love to have went back to for the river walk alone but for the draconian 20p shower levy and the feeling you would be accosted by someone wanting to sharpen your knives or do some mono blocking for you I won't be back.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Compas4461 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site after 11 days pitch 10. To be honest emma and family work so hard 24/7 on site nothing is a problem. The site is good. Toilets spotless. Shop well stocked. My daughter and partner arrived with there tourer and grandkids they loved it. Swimming in river and good cycle routes/ only fault I had to leave at end of hols but be back next year defo.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: CKC100 15 reviews from this member

We paid a two night visit to this site last week.

On checking in we found everything to be in order, I was a little surprised at the showers charge as the nightly charge was the average of all other sites.

The toilet block was secure with a passcode which meant they were clean and well serviced.

The pitches were of a good size for tents in the park and the hook worked fine.

The shop on site had a good selection of all you would need.

One thing with being so close to the river was the amount of midges at that time of year, they were terrible.

The park looked very busy to begin with but after while realised several of the caravans are kept there all season by the owners.

On a night the park was nice and quite and with the gates locked at 10. 00 very secure as well.

Around the area there is lots to do also as well so a good Central location for the area.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sandyp50 5 reviews from this member

This is our first review after converting from tenting to caravaning

We thought this would a nice site on our first outing with our caravan.

When we arrived at the site it seemed strangely full for the time of year but however what we discovered was that there is large proportion of residential pitches which is a bit of a shame as seemed to limit the touring pitches.

Toilet block was immaculate but 20p for 2 minutes of shower time seems quite a lot considering the pitch fees.

There a few walks near the site we took a walk along the cycle track which was perfect for an afternoon stroll.

Will we be back? probably.

Previous     64 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a pair of OLPRO Hush Sleeping Bags worth 48.00 Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley!

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016