Trailer Tent Sale

Immervoulin Caravan And Camping Park
Strathyre
Callander
Perthshire   (Browse area)
FK18 8NJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  1m   1m  1m

Reviews:  62 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Jazzyboy 3 reviews from this member

I don't usually comment on campsites I visit as if I don't like it I just don't bother going back. However I felt the need to comment on Immervoulin as it really irked me.

Firstly the good points.

Location is excellent, close to Callander and all the Trossachs has to offer. The walk from the south end of the park along the river to Loch Lubnaig is fantastic, I saw Herons, Dippers and a Kingfisher.

My main gripe with Caravan Parks are toilets. The Toilet and Shower facilities were impeccable. They were how I would wish all my toilets/showers to be. However. In this day and age to charge 20p for 2 minutes of showering is nothing short of disgraceful. I would rather spend an extra 5 than have to make sure I had change to have a shower. Also mid showering when you are covered in lather you have to then find another coin is draconian.

The site itself could be so picturesque if it wasn't for the Trailer Park theme it portrayed with half the site given over to permanent sites where the owners had made they're only little piece of tackynes, wicker fences, gnomes and even an imitation pond. , these I might add were all in need of repair. The caravans also were all 10 year old plus. It just gave the air of a travellers park, no disrespect to travellers.

I am a pet lover owning a dog, parrots and fish, however on walking to my camper van with my small dog I was accosted by a couple with no less than seven yes seven Springer Spaniels. Granted only 4 of them went for my dog so it could have been worse.

Overall it is a site a would love to have went back to for the river walk alone but for the draconian 20p shower levy and the feeling you would be accosted by someone wanting to sharpen your knives or do some mono blocking for you I won't be back.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Compas4461 1 review from this member

Just returned from this site after 11 days pitch 10. To be honest emma and family work so hard 24/7 on site nothing is a problem. The site is good. Toilets spotless. Shop well stocked. My daughter and partner arrived with there tourer and grandkids they loved it. Swimming in river and good cycle routes/ only fault I had to leave at end of hols but be back next year defo.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: CKC100 15 reviews from this member

We paid a two night visit to this site last week.

On checking in we found everything to be in order, I was a little surprised at the showers charge as the nightly charge was the average of all other sites.

The toilet block was secure with a passcode which meant they were clean and well serviced.

The pitches were of a good size for tents in the park and the hook worked fine.

The shop on site had a good selection of all you would need.

One thing with being so close to the river was the amount of midges at that time of year, they were terrible.

The park looked very busy to begin with but after while realised several of the caravans are kept there all season by the owners.

On a night the park was nice and quite and with the gates locked at 10. 00 very secure as well.

Around the area there is lots to do also as well so a good Central location for the area.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sandyp50 5 reviews from this member

This is our first review after converting from tenting to caravaning

We thought this would a nice site on our first outing with our caravan.

When we arrived at the site it seemed strangely full for the time of year but however what we discovered was that there is large proportion of residential pitches which is a bit of a shame as seemed to limit the touring pitches.

Toilet block was immaculate but 20p for 2 minutes of shower time seems quite a lot considering the pitch fees.

There a few walks near the site we took a walk along the cycle track which was perfect for an afternoon stroll.

Will we be back? probably.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sam75 1 review from this member

Spent 4 Days here, Fantastic campsite, everything that you need, Yeah a few potholes but living in Glasgow I have seen worse, toilet, laundry and dishwash rooms were very clean and always maintained, very tidy site, john and heather made us feel very welcome and would defo go back. The shop is ideal and has everything you need and not to expensive either, great water for the kids to play in and beautiful sights to see. Brilliant. :)

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ascotblinds 1 review from this member

Just back from this site and and found it to be well run and very quiet some road noise but it was expected as the site is on edge of a road but it didn't take away from the surroundings. Toilets and showers were clean and tidy. Dogs were welcome our Old English Sheepdogs enjoyed being exercised along the river towards Loch. Shop had everything you need. Owners were both friendly and helpful. Will go back again. Thanks for a great break. Weather was fantastic just what you need for caravan holidays

Previous     62 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Week Camping Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks! Win a pair of Outwell Chairs and Table

UKCS Meet UK Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 4-5th June
The summer spectacular takes place at the Kent Event Centre. Buy discounted weekend tickets, or enter our competition to win some!

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016