Visitor Reviews - Riverside Camping

Seiont Nurseries
Pontrug
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 2BB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  10m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m

Open: 14th March - 31st October

Reviews:  108 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hobut123 3 reviews from this member

Lovely site, where you can pitch right on top of the river. Pre-booking is essential for this though as these pitches fill up fast - but now I really wouldn't stop there unless we were by the river, as it makes the campsite for us. We have camped here a few times in the summer holidays over the last few years, and it is one of those places that is now getting busier (depending on how you like your holiday this could be a good / bad thing). Nearly everyone likes to paddle in the river (plastic shoes recommended!), so be prepared if your camped at certain points where its easier to get in, you can have small crowd in front of your tent!

Ideally placed - 3 minutes drive from Caernarfon (the kids had the best time crab-fishing in the harbour!) Plus I think Llanberis is around 10 minutes the other way. Both places I would recommend highly. In Caernarfon you have the harbour (which has boat rides 6 adults, 4 children, dogs free), huge castle, plus shops. There is loads to do in Llanberis, take the easiest path up to Snowdon, or take the train (no dogs and expensive 27 for adult return), Dolbadarn castle which is free, Electric mountain, or just sit and watch the kids play on the playground by the lake.

There is a lovely (but very windy every time we have been) beach at Dinas Dinlle. Anglesey and Bangor is easy to reach from here.

Toilets, showers are clean. Owners friendly and approachable. Playground on site is pretty central, which was great for the kids and when we were pitching the tent they could play while still in sight. Small shop on site, selling the essentials.

Lovely little dog walk - which has taken some thought and planning. Dogs on lead even here, which is a shame as our dog is totally obedient and as a large dog needs a good run. But I can totally understand the dog lead rule - just wish there was an open area where dogs could run free.

All in all a great site - will be back, but may have to start camping at less busy times if it gets much busier! (We like it nice and quiet!)

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Linbell2 1 review from this member

Had a lovely 6 night holiday at Riverside. As it had been very wet for the couple of days leading up to our stay we were put on a camper van pitch next to a permanent caravan. Think the receptionist thought it to wet to put our van on the grass. The first 4 nights were great, with just a few other people on site. However on the Friday night the owners of the caravan on neighbouring pitch arrived and complained to site owner about our gas bottle being too close to his van. We moved it but felt uncomfortable for the rest of our stay. Would go back but would ask not to be near these residential caravans

Reviewer: Linny2008 12 reviews from this member

Just come back from a wonderful extended bank holiday weekend at Riverside.

We went with 2 other families and there was a lot of communication prior to the holiday over various issues which I won't bore you with but suffice it to say that they went over, above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us.

The day we arrived I was first of our party on site with my 6 year old having had to leave my husband and poorly toddler at home. Welcome was warm, efficient and friendly and I was shown to our pitch personally. An extension cable was provided to enable me to use a hook-up.

When I encountered difficulties putting the tent up on my own (well with the 6yr old's 'help') there was someone on hand to help me stand the poles up.

The site is very pretty, very well maintained, and lots of scope to please everyone! Peace, action, dogs, kids, walkers, paddlers and also you are in the heart of a very beautiful part of Wales with no shortage of things to see out and about. We loved crabbing in the harbour by the castle.

I have never been on such a quiet site in the evening (not counting the river which was quite noisy in places but I liked this). The playground is emptied around 10pm and all the children encouraged to go to their accommodation. After that the noise levels are monitored.

Someone further down has commented on the on-site cafe being expensive but I didn't think it was. I paid a little over 5 for a very delicious and beautifully presented baguette and my son had a equally delicious looking sandwich for under 3. Tea for 1 was 2. This all served in very pleasant surroundings with excellent service.

The only negative, and it is tiny, is that there is quite a pong coming from one of the little streams running through the park. It's not all the time but it can be quite unpleasant. I wouldn't pitch where I pitched again so if you see a little bridge, avoid this area! It's also a path well used by the site's youth so not as peaceful as other parts of the site.

We loved it so much we have already booked to go back next year. Hope we can all go next time!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Samndan2011 1 review from this member

Just returned from a lovely weekend at Riverside camping. It was recommended to us by a friend who had a lovely family holiday here last year (summer 2012).

Upon arriving the lady at reception was very warm and welcoming and allowed us to choose our own pitch from 3 available (we understand we were lucky as the camp site was busy but a few caravan spots were still available) and as we had dogs and a little one it was nice to be able to choose an area that would be best. So HUGE thank you for that! She walked us to the pitches and showed us around also, very helpful.

The whole site is well set out and very clean. There is something for everyone from canoeing/kayaking in the river, walks for the dog, to paddling for the kids, playground, basketball, volley ball, table tennis. Impossible to be bored!

The toilets and shower block all very clean and was cleaned at 6am.

Only negative is that there is a very convenient cafe on site BUT it is very expensive. So prepare to drive to local spar/chippy/pub to eat out or take you own food.

Camp was nice and quiet at night for kids to sleep, only noise came from the wildlife, which cant be helped and if noisy wildlife bothers you then probably best not to choose Wales to camp.

All in all a lovely, friendly, clean campsite and would definitely recommend and go again.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Gillch 6 reviews from this member

Have just returned from a very enjoyable week at Riverside Camping. It is a lovely site set on a former Garden Centre so some lovely mature plants and trees at the entrance.

The site is set on the meander of a river and provides a great back drop to the site which is very nicely set out.

On arrival we were walked to the pitch and talked through the site facilities. The Pitch was electric and huge, even for our massive tent. We were opposite the play ground which was great for us having kids. The play ground was a good size and suitable for different ages.

There were two small toilet blocks and these were clean. Could have done with some more shelves in the shower for shampoo and stuff, but plenty of space for hanging clothes and towel. Saw the owner cleaning the toilets three times on Saturday.

The river was great for splashing about in and we had great weather so we could go in the river, but plastic shoes are needed.

Dogs have to be kept on a lead at all times which is great.

Also there are limited permanent pitches which reduces the cliques that can happen, resulting in a friendly site.

During the week there were only a few tents and caravans there so there was plenty of room to roam. From Friday onwards it fills quickly, and did it fill. On the Friday night the noise on site kept on until past 3am. I passed the owner the following morning to make my comment to learn that the culprits had been told to leave. They then walked the site reassuring/reminding guest of the rules, or that it would be ok the following night. Sure enough, ok it was getting on for 11pm rather than 10pm, but it was fine the following night. I was impressed with the action, communication and visibility of the owners.

There is also a fantastic cafe/bistro. After putting the tent down we popped over for breakfast on the balcony, in the sun. Looking at the menu I saw a few appealing dishes for lunches also. Pity we left it too late.

We always try to go somewhere new as there are so many sites around the country, but might of found a keeper here.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Suestreff 1 review from this member

We have just come back from a bank holiday weekend. We had a brilliant time. This site is very family friendly. The only negative thing I can think of is that I wished the shop stocked more.

There is plenty for the kids to do eg playground, table tennis, volleyball court etc. The grounds are of a high standard. The food at the cafe is excellent and very reasonably priced.

The smaller toilet block is ok (its clean) but could do with being updated a little.

On the whole this is the best campsite we have stayed at in a very long time.

Previous     108 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Dining Package, worth 124.98 from Yeomans Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!