Visitor Reviews - Riverside Camping

Seiont Nurseries
Pontrug
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 2BB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  10m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m

Open: 14th March - 31st October

Reviews:  106 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Reviewer: Linny2008 12 reviews from this member

Just come back from a wonderful extended bank holiday weekend at Riverside.

We went with 2 other families and there was a lot of communication prior to the holiday over various issues which I won't bore you with but suffice it to say that they went over, above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us.

The day we arrived I was first of our party on site with my 6 year old having had to leave my husband and poorly toddler at home. Welcome was warm, efficient and friendly and I was shown to our pitch personally. An extension cable was provided to enable me to use a hook-up.

When I encountered difficulties putting the tent up on my own (well with the 6yr old's 'help') there was someone on hand to help me stand the poles up.

The site is very pretty, very well maintained, and lots of scope to please everyone! Peace, action, dogs, kids, walkers, paddlers and also you are in the heart of a very beautiful part of Wales with no shortage of things to see out and about. We loved crabbing in the harbour by the castle.

I have never been on such a quiet site in the evening (not counting the river which was quite noisy in places but I liked this). The playground is emptied around 10pm and all the children encouraged to go to their accommodation. After that the noise levels are monitored.

Someone further down has commented on the on-site cafe being expensive but I didn't think it was. I paid a little over 5 for a very delicious and beautifully presented baguette and my son had a equally delicious looking sandwich for under 3. Tea for 1 was 2. This all served in very pleasant surroundings with excellent service.

The only negative, and it is tiny, is that there is quite a pong coming from one of the little streams running through the park. It's not all the time but it can be quite unpleasant. I wouldn't pitch where I pitched again so if you see a little bridge, avoid this area! It's also a path well used by the site's youth so not as peaceful as other parts of the site.

We loved it so much we have already booked to go back next year. Hope we can all go next time!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Samndan2011 1 review from this member

Just returned from a lovely weekend at Riverside camping. It was recommended to us by a friend who had a lovely family holiday here last year (summer 2012).

Upon arriving the lady at reception was very warm and welcoming and allowed us to choose our own pitch from 3 available (we understand we were lucky as the camp site was busy but a few caravan spots were still available) and as we had dogs and a little one it was nice to be able to choose an area that would be best. So HUGE thank you for that! She walked us to the pitches and showed us around also, very helpful.

The whole site is well set out and very clean. There is something for everyone from canoeing/kayaking in the river, walks for the dog, to paddling for the kids, playground, basketball, volley ball, table tennis. Impossible to be bored!

The toilets and shower block all very clean and was cleaned at 6am.

Only negative is that there is a very convenient cafe on site BUT it is very expensive. So prepare to drive to local spar/chippy/pub to eat out or take you own food.

Camp was nice and quiet at night for kids to sleep, only noise came from the wildlife, which cant be helped and if noisy wildlife bothers you then probably best not to choose Wales to camp.

All in all a lovely, friendly, clean campsite and would definitely recommend and go again.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Gillch 6 reviews from this member

Have just returned from a very enjoyable week at Riverside Camping. It is a lovely site set on a former Garden Centre so some lovely mature plants and trees at the entrance.

The site is set on the meander of a river and provides a great back drop to the site which is very nicely set out.

On arrival we were walked to the pitch and talked through the site facilities. The Pitch was electric and huge, even for our massive tent. We were opposite the play ground which was great for us having kids. The play ground was a good size and suitable for different ages.

There were two small toilet blocks and these were clean. Could have done with some more shelves in the shower for shampoo and stuff, but plenty of space for hanging clothes and towel. Saw the owner cleaning the toilets three times on Saturday.

The river was great for splashing about in and we had great weather so we could go in the river, but plastic shoes are needed.

Dogs have to be kept on a lead at all times which is great.

Also there are limited permanent pitches which reduces the cliques that can happen, resulting in a friendly site.

During the week there were only a few tents and caravans there so there was plenty of room to roam. From Friday onwards it fills quickly, and did it fill. On the Friday night the noise on site kept on until past 3am. I passed the owner the following morning to make my comment to learn that the culprits had been told to leave. They then walked the site reassuring/reminding guest of the rules, or that it would be ok the following night. Sure enough, ok it was getting on for 11pm rather than 10pm, but it was fine the following night. I was impressed with the action, communication and visibility of the owners.

There is also a fantastic cafe/bistro. After putting the tent down we popped over for breakfast on the balcony, in the sun. Looking at the menu I saw a few appealing dishes for lunches also. Pity we left it too late.

We always try to go somewhere new as there are so many sites around the country, but might of found a keeper here.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Suestreff 1 review from this member

We have just come back from a bank holiday weekend. We had a brilliant time. This site is very family friendly. The only negative thing I can think of is that I wished the shop stocked more.

There is plenty for the kids to do eg playground, table tennis, volleyball court etc. The grounds are of a high standard. The food at the cafe is excellent and very reasonably priced.

The smaller toilet block is ok (its clean) but could do with being updated a little.

On the whole this is the best campsite we have stayed at in a very long time.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ripcurl1986 1 review from this member

Excellent campsite. Beautiful location and friendly staff. We only stayed for three nights but had a great time. The site is surrounded by a beautiful river and you can camp next to it. Less than two miles from town so an easy walk in although there are plenty of taxis available. Facilities were decent and I particularly liked the separate cubicles for being able to shave and wash etc without distractions.

Would highly recommend.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jubilee1949 5 reviews from this member

A very nice site good facilities very clean and well kept. The toilets were clean but the sink under the insect repellar was always covered with little black insects. Showers were very good and plenty of hot water all the time. A very good play area for the kids. The downsides to this site not near to pubs and shops the road outside a bit to narrow to walk to far on so you have to use your car all the time. Also I thought that 4 per night for a porch awning was a little over the top. Because of the last two things I don't think we would go back but as I said before a very clean tidy site

Previous     106 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!