Visitor Reviews - Riverside Camping

Seiont Nurseries
Pontrug
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 2BB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  10m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m

Open: 14th March - 31st October

Reviews:  116 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Angevo 2 reviews from this member

I love this campsite so much. It's our favourite. I camp with me, three kids aged 11, 10 and 6 and two well behaved dogs. The campsite is very welcoming. The pitches are fabulous. It's hard to pick a perfect pitch as there are so many great options to choose from. The river is fabulous entertainment. We've a dinghy we paddle down the river and we like to have a paddle and a swim when we go. The playground is central and easy to view from the pitches and I've never known a place where my kids have made so many friends and had so much fun! There is an undercover area where you can spend some time if it's rainy or play some table tennis or pool. What's great about this campsite is that there's enough to entertain without it being too commercial or busy. The balance is just right for us! The shower and toilet facilities and dish washing area are very nice too. No problem with wasps or flies. Lovely and quiet. 10 minutes into Caernarfon where there are lots of supermarkets and a chip shop and Chinese takeaway and the trusty MacDonalds and KFC! Also a home bargains in easy reach for cheap toys for rainy days or missing camping equipment. Lots of beautiful things to do around the surrounding area but to be honest there is plenty to entertain in the campsite itself. Cannot recommend highly enough. Thanks Riverside.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dommie64 1 review from this member

Spent a week camping on this excellent site.

A quiet and secluded field with just the spund of the river and wildlife to wake you in the morning.

The toilets and facilities were clean and well maintained and the staff very helpful and friendly.

We didn't use the hookups, but they are available for tents and vans.

An excellent base to explore Snowdonia and North Wales.

Will be returning with our motorhome later in the year.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lizzylou2 2 reviews from this member

Fabulous campsite for kids. I took my three grandsons and they had a ball, despite the poor weather. Only issue I had was the tumble drier is really poor and the manager didn't mind that another camper took my wet washing out to put her own in. Manager told me the other washing was only damp so wouldn't take long. This surprised me as earlier in the week, when the drier was broken, she was so helpful and actually took the two sleeping bags I had washed and dried them for me.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Odono83 2 reviews from this member

Excellent campsite stayed here for 3nights with wife and two kids. Kids loved the park and paddling in the river the mill restaurant on site is excellent and the site is close to lots off attractions. The toilets are spotless and the whole site well maintained. Will definitely be returning. Plus you can hire fire pits which you can bbq off as well.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ian Bot 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here 2nd week in September and what an excellent week we had, I wont repeat what other reviews say but what a fantastic site, our pitch was next to the river which was really nice, the site was quiet with just a few tents on it because of the time of year but what fantanstic weather we had, Showers and toilets always clean, the Mill Café served good food and reasonal prices. This site is well worth a visit, hope to be back next year.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Nicolaw646 1 review from this member

Just returned from a very busy bank holiday weekend with our young family. After exploring the website and site plan we booked our pitch D6 (deluxe pitch) which on arrival was probably one of the best pitches on the site (we like space, hardstanding and fully serviced). The pitch was spacious with a large grass area to one side, fenced in by a small hedgerow. To the other side was a large grass area that led down to the river. Beautiful to wake up to each morning. The river is very much the reason as to why this site is so busy. It has small areas where the Children can get down the embankment and paddle / play in the river. (This appears to be near the riverside pitches and looked quite busy with children playing at times - might be worth considering if booking one of these pitches). Other facilities included a playground which was central to the campsite and was more than suitable for both our girls aged 3 and 6. The campsite also has the Mill Cafe ( explained to us by reception as somewhere to eat or have a drink). We didn't use this, simply because if you wanted to eat you needed to book as it was extremely busy and unfortunately was fully booked when we tried. We did however attempt to visit for a drink, but there was no room as people where eating. Appearance of table set up however, suggests that it is aimed at people eating rather than having a drink. There is a rather nice balcony area that over looks the playground but this is very small (3 tables I think) so was near on impossible to get a seat over the bank holiday weekend. The reception is large and spacious and the staff were helpful ( supplying a tv cable as the usual co axe lead does not fit). My only negative to the whole experience was the shower and toilet facilities. There just simply are not enough for the size of the site. The block nearest the hard standing pitches is unisex consisting of 1 male and 1 female toilet, and 4 unisex showers. There is another block near the reception area which is single sex but only had 2 showers in the ladies and I think 4 toilets. Every time I visited the toilet nearest the caravan (unisex block) I queued for the toilet and when I came out there were people waiting to go in. I visited the showers at approx 7:45 am to meet yet another queue. As the block was being used by people on the grass pitches and the weather wasn't to kind to us all weekend they were extremely muddy underfoot - no mop buckets meant that this was not rectified until cleaners came). Showers were warm and pressure depended on how many others were in use.

Loved the location of this site and understand why people rate it so well, but for us unfortunately the shower facilities let it down.

Previous     116 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016