Visitor Reviews - Stroud Hill Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Cambridgeshire > Site Reviews

Stroud Hill Park
Fen Road
Cambridgeshire   (Browse area)
PE28 3DE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m

Pitches: 44 hardstandings & 16 grass

Reviews:  66 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: No1foxy 2 reviews from this member

We arrived at about 18:00 and were met be two friendly wardens and after a chat I asked about the fishing tickets for Saturday. I was then informed that I could not fish due to a wedding, they then informed me that the lake was closed. I was disappointed about this as this is the reason we booked here, I was told I booked too early as the wedding had not been booked then. Would it have hurt to email us? It got worse when I asked about disabled access to the lake I was told that I had to carry all of my kit up the hill, not a feat I was willing to attempt as I have a heart condition. There are not enough toilets or showers for 60 pitches and the waste wate drains on the pitches are up a slope! The site is very beautiful with loads of wild life, it was lovely to hear the owls at night and there was a lot of them. A very disappointing stay as far as the fishing was concerned, as I could have used one of several other sites in the area that have fishing. Overall I give the site 7/10, this is marked down for the waste water and fishing, as it should state that there is no disabled access to the lakes.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Melt 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from a lovely weekend on the site. Facilities are spotless and wardens are lovely. We ate at the Barn restaurant and the food was lovely. The owner lets out one of his barns for private functions now and during our visit the noise was very loud and ran on until early am Saturday morning. Shame as this has now spoilt what was once a lovely peaceful park. I would recommend you ensure there are no private functions on when you book.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: TheBaldings 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here in May 2015 and were very impressed with the site. You pull into a large car park outside reception on arrival, and then invited to walk around the site to choose your own pitch.

The toilet and shower blocks were kept spotlessly clean.

We ate at the on-site 'Barn' restaurant one night and we had a lovely meal - staff were very friendly and food was reasonably priced.

We've already booked to return in August!

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rutland Belle 9 reviews from this member

Very laid back site. We arrived at 1pm. Reception closed, notice on board telling us to find a pitch and sign in in the morning. The pitches are all hard standing and fully serviced, but the ground underneath is soft with ruts and holes under the gravel and we had a lot of trouble leveling the caravan. By the time we left the caravan had in fact sunk a little.

The toilets, laundry and food preparation areas are kept clean. The showers are in small wet rooms, however I found them a bit on the chilly side and the shower was not hot enough to tempt me a second time. Thank goodness for on board facilities!

The site is beautifully laid out with a lake in the field at the top of the hill. There are grass pitches which are not open until later in the year. They have beautiful views and all day sunshine, but I would imagine suffer a buffeting from the wind. There is plenty of bird life around, including a flock of Guinea Fowl, and we had daily visits from ducks and Moorhens.

Didn't try and restaurant as the prices looked a little high. It is a shame they don't offer either breakfast or afternoon teas.

St. Ives is a lovely little town with a market on Monday and Friday and the park and ride into Cambridge is well worth the money.

Met two of the 'summer' wardens who were setting up their caravan ready for Easter. They were lovely and I'm sure will make everyone very welcome and as we left work was beginning to get the site into shape for the season.

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: DaveG23 19 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 4 nights towards the end of October and chose this site as it was in the area we wanted and, while a bit remote, had an on-site restaurant.

Booking was easy and the lady was very pleasant, as she was when we arrived on site. We had choice of pitches and were given an information sheet which indicated Tapas was being served in the bar on certain nights. From this we determined that the restaurant was not going to be open during our stay. This was not indicated to us on either booking or arrival - a major disappointment as far as we were concerned. The golf club down the road does meals but we were unable to get in as they were fully booked. We had a surprisingly good meal at the Mad Cat down in Pidley at a very reasonable price and a Chinese takeaway from Somersham.

Other than that she site facilities are excellent with three shower/toilet/wash basin cubicles in each of the mens and ladies plus toilet cubicles. The pitches are a rarity being large and fully serviced with electricity, water and grey waste.

Overall a nice quiet site with good facilities but, remember to confirm the availability of on-site food!

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Debgreen 28 reviews from this member

What a lovely site! First visit. Left it a bit late booking for August bank holiday, but found room for our caravan and our friend's tent at Stroud Hill. They said we would be on the terrace, but we had not been before and did not know that the terrace is quite high and set away from the loos etc (you don't really get a sense of perspective from the website pics). I mentioned that our friends had mobility issues at the time of booking, and left it at that. However, two weeks or so before we we due to visit Stroud Hill, the owner range me to say they had a serviced pitched available in the main caravan area with grass behind it for the tent (near the bridge to the dog walk - which still didn't mean much to be honest), and would we like that? It was a lot nearer the loos, so I said 'yes please, thank you for calling me'. Customer service - how nice for someone to take the initiative and actually think in advance about us!

We eventually arrived and the pitch had been coned off for us so no-one else would take it by accident. It was lovely and the grass area behind was huge. The whole site is beautifully looked after, and the loos and 3 showers (with loo, basin and wet room with plenty of room to dress in each) were spotless. I'd booked a meal in the restaurant for the first night as we were able to take the dog in with us, and the food and service were fantastic. (It's a bit surreal to come from the restaurant into the loos though, and hear someone showering:) We also ate at the Mad Cat one night which was very nice. Fab dog walks around the site, which has golf courses all around it. Loads of birds too. We asked about disabled car parking in Ely and were given a map with hand-drawn arrows for the best parking as it was market day. Also visited St. Ives, which is a lovely little town. Nice little shop on site too for the basics. Can't fault this site, and would certainly go again. Thank you, all at Stroud Hill!

Previous     66 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cambridgeshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Win a HandiMoova and HandiDuffel combo Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!