Visitor Reviews - Stroud Hill Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Cambridgeshire > Site Reviews

Stroud Hill Park
Fen Road
Pidley
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire   (Browse area)
PE28 3DE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   5m  1m

Pitches: 44 hardstandings & 16 grass

Reviews:  68 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: TheBaldings 5 reviews from this member

Just stayed 4 nights at this lovely site. This was our third visit and won't be our last. Facilities very clean as always, and the site wardens were very friendly and helpful. The only word of warning to any newcomers would be to make sure you have extensions for water hose and grey waste hose to make use of the super pitches as they can be a long way from the van depending on which pitch you take. Also some leveling ramps might be needed.

We had a walk from the site to the Windmill pub for Sunday lunch which was really nice. Took just under an hour but was well worth it.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Dilleys 2 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a very wet and windy Easter weekend at Stroud Hill - this is our second visit. We were met by the two very friendly young wardens (and gorgeous Colin the dog!) nothing is too much trouble for this couple they go out of their way to help people. They recommended and gave us a map of a nice walk in the area which also incorporated a pub stop! This is an excellent well kept quiet site with a superb restaurant and incredible staff. We will keep returning!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: No1foxy 2 reviews from this member

We arrived at about 18:00 and were met be two friendly wardens and after a chat I asked about the fishing tickets for Saturday. I was then informed that I could not fish due to a wedding, they then informed me that the lake was closed. I was disappointed about this as this is the reason we booked here, I was told I booked too early as the wedding had not been booked then. Would it have hurt to email us? It got worse when I asked about disabled access to the lake I was told that I had to carry all of my kit up the hill, not a feat I was willing to attempt as I have a heart condition. There are not enough toilets or showers for 60 pitches and the waste wate drains on the pitches are up a slope! The site is very beautiful with loads of wild life, it was lovely to hear the owls at night and there was a lot of them. A very disappointing stay as far as the fishing was concerned, as I could have used one of several other sites in the area that have fishing. Overall I give the site 7/10, this is marked down for the waste water and fishing, as it should state that there is no disabled access to the lakes.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Melt 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from a lovely weekend on the site. Facilities are spotless and wardens are lovely. We ate at the Barn restaurant and the food was lovely. The owner lets out one of his barns for private functions now and during our visit the noise was very loud and ran on until early am Saturday morning. Shame as this has now spoilt what was once a lovely peaceful park. I would recommend you ensure there are no private functions on when you book.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: TheBaldings 5 reviews from this member

Stayed here in May 2015 and were very impressed with the site. You pull into a large car park outside reception on arrival, and then invited to walk around the site to choose your own pitch.

The toilet and shower blocks were kept spotlessly clean.

We ate at the on-site 'Barn' restaurant one night and we had a lovely meal - staff were very friendly and food was reasonably priced.

We've already booked to return in August!

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rutland Belle 10 reviews from this member

Very laid back site. We arrived at 1pm. Reception closed, notice on board telling us to find a pitch and sign in in the morning. The pitches are all hard standing and fully serviced, but the ground underneath is soft with ruts and holes under the gravel and we had a lot of trouble leveling the caravan. By the time we left the caravan had in fact sunk a little.

The toilets, laundry and food preparation areas are kept clean. The showers are in small wet rooms, however I found them a bit on the chilly side and the shower was not hot enough to tempt me a second time. Thank goodness for on board facilities!

The site is beautifully laid out with a lake in the field at the top of the hill. There are grass pitches which are not open until later in the year. They have beautiful views and all day sunshine, but I would imagine suffer a buffeting from the wind. There is plenty of bird life around, including a flock of Guinea Fowl, and we had daily visits from ducks and Moorhens.

Didn't try and restaurant as the prices looked a little high. It is a shame they don't offer either breakfast or afternoon teas.

St. Ives is a lovely little town with a market on Monday and Friday and the park and ride into Cambridge is well worth the money.

Met two of the 'summer' wardens who were setting up their caravan ready for Easter. They were lovely and I'm sure will make everyone very welcome and as we left work was beginning to get the site into shape for the season.

Previous     68 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cambridgeshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Week Camping Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks! Win a pair of Outwell Chairs and Table

UKCS Meet UK Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 4-5th June
The summer spectacular takes place at the Kent Event Centre. Buy discounted weekend tickets, or enter our competition to win some!

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016