Visitor Reviews - Hurst View (solent View) Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Hurst View (solent View) Camping
New Forest
Lower Pennington Lane
Hampshire   (Browse area)
SO41 8AL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m  1m  5m  1m  1m  5m   5m  5m  5m  1m

Open: All Year

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  149 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Luvitloud 1 review from this member

Just come back from a great weekend here. Had no issue with anyone and I did not witness any problems. Have good facilities, toilets were as clean as you would expect with the amount of people using them.

My only slight comment would be better markings of reserved patches. We were told to 'camp anywhere', did not notice some sings laid flat on the grass in the hedge row. Had our tent set up to be told that we were in a reserved pitch. Luckily it was only me and my son so had the small two man one. Would have been seriously annoyed if I had set up a family one. The staff member did help me move the tent etc to another spot and could not apologise enough for the confusion. Big thumbs up!

They have electric hook ups but was told at booking there were none available which suits me anyway as don't use them. As with other reviews there are some good walks out the back gate. Did not really do much locally as there for the weekend to have some boy time with my son, although were recommended a good fishing lake at the time of booking.

Have had some really quick respnoses to emails also on the lead up to our stay.

I would certainly go back there, especially because of the fires there were no annoying bugs about, that is worth it alone in my view.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pointer7 1 review from this member

Had a lovely week at this campsite. There were two fields available, and as we wanted a quiet site we went to the open field, near to the far side hedge where we could relax and enjoy some peace and quiet. The showers and toilets were very clean. The other field was much noisier with a large play area for kids (all of which were very well behaved)

The local walks were fabulous, walking through the nature reserve and seeing Isle of Wight - stopped for a drink at the local pub and was made very welcome

We traveled to Bournemouth, Christchurch and Highcliffe Castle all fantastic for just walking and looking around, so I would say the site is great for local attractions

We were disappointed that some of the rules for the campsite were broken by some campers. We specifically wanted a site for our dog and having had her attacked at a previous campsite we took extra time in finding one that asked all dog owners to keep their dogs on a leash. Sadly there were many dogs roaming without a lead - I am sure their owners thought their little poppets were safe - but it made for some uncomfortable trips around the site with our very nervous dog. I did mention to a lovely lady at reception that there were a few dogs off the lead, and the response was disappointing. She advised that they are not legally bound to enforce this rule. We were also surprised to see that although the write up advised 'no group camping' and no noise after dark - this rule was also broken. We had quite a few little get togethers on our field - most of them were very respectful but we did not appreciate having booming music coming from a teenage party (starting at 3pm Saturday) To give them their due they did turn the music right down at 9. 30 - only we then had a party of Abba fans churning out Dancing Queen at 11pm.

I must say that the staff were exceptionally friendly, but we would have appreciated a little more assertiveness when rules were being broken.

We would have also appreciated it if the field that we camped on was not covered with cow pats! I know we are in the country, but it did prove difficult when walking to the toilets during the night - the cows must have only just been taken off the land before we arrived.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Baregrills 3 reviews from this member

Love this place. Just spent another weekend there and as we live locally it is about our third trip. Facilities are always nice and clean and I love the laxness of the place. Being able to turn up and pitch up without someone telling you what you can and can't do. There have to be some rules obviously but they don't have to be draconian. The fire pits are a great Idea but as there have been quite a few in the past it's worth making sure you have a footprint for your tent to give it a bit of protection. Whilst only small the playground is a great focal point for the children and there is a unit serving breakfasts which is open at various other times which I think is dependent on how busy the site is. My only tiny gripe is being told to turn off a speaker that is no bigger than an egg only to have to listen to a group close by singing American pie (badly) at midnight and a few times. They were obviously too big a group to be tackled by security. I understand the reasoning behind a ban but think it needs policing properly if at all.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Krakinka 11 reviews from this member

Camped in the bottom field, no electric hook up. Large flat field & arriving lunchtime Friday meant I got a good spot, rear to the hedge, front door looking into the field. Afternoon got busier & by evening it was almost standing room only! It got even busier Saturday! By Sunday lunchtime the site was like a ghost town thank goodness!

This is a 'pitch anywhere' site and worryingly there is no advice or guidance on pitching etiquette or fire safety. Even more concerning that campfires are encouraged, on the ground! Ironic that in the 'rules' campers were asked to keep BBQ's off the ground to not scorch the grass! It was pretty gusty at times, making me paranoid that sparks or embers were going to set us all up in flames :-(

Although there were 'security' about teenage boys playing football until it was too dark to see the ball were not stopped and large groups of 5 or 6 tents camped together meant a reasonable bed time of 11pm was not achievable!

There were 8 showers & toilets in the ladies and surprisingly even though the site was busy I never had to queue for the toilet and only once for the showers. The facilities were of a good standard, though in my opinion needed to be checked more often by the cleaners. Or perhaps parents of small children should accompany their children!?!

Local pub the Chequers was quaint, just under a mile away. Food was of good standard, but 4. 50 for a pint of San Miguel & 6. 95 for a starter overpriced in my opinion.

Considering facilities, flatness of site, very reasonably priced at 10 per night per person & proximity to Lymington I would rate this site 7/10, but would not consider camping here again due to the large groups allowed and the lack of fire safety.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mad mum 6 reviews from this member

Location on the edge of the Solent with views to the isle of wight is good. Spent a fun afternoon crabbing off the harbour wall, a short walk from the campsite.

The site itself was not one we would go to again. There are no marked pitches which means when the site is busy you end up with another caravan or tent very close. There are also burnt patches dotted all around from campfires.

Also dogs were roaming freely around the site.

We were there in the week and the showers etc were adequate, I imagine in peak season there are queues everywhere.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fredceep 1 review from this member

I must say I really enjoyed my stay at hurst view. I was particularly impressed by the security patrolling all evening as near us there was a large group playing music on and off all evening. After hearing many attempts by security to deal with the situation I'm happy to say the noise problem was solved and a good nights sleep was had by all. Well done for sam and dave who were very friendly the following evening when we discussed the problem. I would recommend this site to everyone. Amenities were excellent also and toilets were kept clean even during the night which was fantastic given it was a bank holiday and extremely bsy.

Previous     149 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!