Visitor Reviews - Hurst View (solent View) Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Hurst View (solent View) Camping
New Forest
Lower Pennington Lane
Lymington
Hampshire   (Browse area)
SO41 8AL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m  1m  5m  1m  1m  5m   5m  5m  5m  1m

Open: All Year

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  138 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Sammie16 16 reviews from this member

Had two nights here.

Pros: The wardens were very friendly and helpful. One male warden helped us out by lending us a socket because our electric in our van wasn't working. Very peaceful site (although not too busy). Toilets heated and clean. Plenty of hot water. Was able to choose our position and told we could leave when it suited us. We could also arrive early if we wanted to.

Cons: There is a residential site other side of the fence and we witnessed one woman walking her dogs from there and allowing them to do their business right next to our awning. It was only because she noticed my husband watching her that she then went back and got some bags to pick up the mess. Obviously she had no intention to begin with otherwise she would have had the bags with her. Some old mess was around our area - so check before you tread! Although nice hot water in showers, the shower head is fixed centrally on the ceiling so you cannot alter the direction of the spray, or the temperature. Shower area not too big so you had no choice but to get your hair wet.

Lovely walks down to the Nature Reserve and water's edge.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Dancingrach 2 reviews from this member

Very friendly owners and easy going. Just enough rules to ensure all have a pleasant stay. The site is located down a quiet country lane with direct access to nature reserve for great walks. Map provided with directions to good pubs!

Excellent for families with a playground and lovely powerful showers. All on site friendly and after dark very quiet. Security patrol at night to ensure safety and noise levels are kept to a minimum.

Bike hire available and small shop. Also breakfast bar serving great bacon baps amongst other choices open on weekends.

We are already planning a trip back in the summer as we enjoyed our stay so much. Lymington is a nice town with fab shops.

Would be nice if there were more electric points. They book up fast.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Markp1999 2 reviews from this member

I stayed on this site for a single night, midweek in September so was quite surprised to find was fairly busy with camper vans and caravans, though few tents so there was plenty of room in the camping fields (away from the facilities) to camp with lots of space.

I was camping on my own having walked down from Brokenhurst Station and I was really after some peace and quiet so (given the mixed reviews here) I had some misgivings and sure enough as I pitched my tent there was music and dogs barking, but by the time night fell all the noise had stopped and the only noise on the site was the birds and cows in the adjacent nature reserve.

The toilet and shower facilities were clean and not busy and there was a snack bar but that was closed during my visit.

I arrived after reception had closed, so didn't meet any staff until I came to pay the next day, but then I found them to be extremely friendly and helpful. The lady I spoke to gave me directions and advice on the best way to get to Lymington Station (a lovely walk around the sea wall through the nature reserve) and the charges were very very reasonable for one man and a tent.

All-in-all I was happy with my stay. Based on other reviews I think I might look elsewhere on busy weekends in summer, but out of season it was a good place to stay and I would happily return.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Manucci 1 review from this member

I've spent three nights here and had a good time owners very helpful as had problems with our caravan, staff very friendly nice family feel to the site, ten mins stroll to sea very good fishing, close to pubs and restaurants, toilets and showers very clean, lovely view of Isle of White, will definitely be coming back.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Sandra fuller 2 reviews from this member

This site is in a lovely area for walking, local pubs great food and good beers, shame the site lets it down. We had a weekend there and there was a party going on which went on till dawn! Several people asked the partygoers to be quiet but nothing was done. Complaints were made to staff and advised people concerned would be asked to leave. They were still there the following night! Clearly states on the 'dos and don'ts ' it will not be tolerated. Such a shame as the site itself is lovely. But this certainly isn't the place for guaranteed quiet

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Camper van girl 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at this campsite for 2 nights on our way back from the Isle of Wight. We had not booked and so when we arrived the man at reception was very helpful and the price for the nights was 25 each and so decided to stay as had seen the reviews on this page. We did look round first, had have I am not sure we would have stayed.

We were told me could park up were we liked and you literally can, there are no designated pitches. All of the electric pitch are the first field, which is where all of the facilities are too. We managed to find one electric pitch but on looking around at the neighbours we would be having decided to go to the next field. This pitch was further from the facilities including the only water supply but a lot quieter.

The toilet block and shower block was always clean when we went, never had to wait as plenty of them. The site is within easy walking distance to local pub for Dinner and also cycle/paths to walk to see the solent. One day we cycled to Hurst Castle which is well worth a visit. It is amazing inside and cost 11 I think for the 3 of us to go in.

The campsite is the most cover in small campfire marks as the site allows them and sells kindling for them, this is a novel thing to do whilst camping but once you have a few neighbours that have them the air can fill with smoke and it is not nice.

So of the children when we stayed hung around in groups and rode their bikes fast up and down the gravel drive skidding and this could be intimidating for some. There was a warden that I saw who was friendly but didn't seem to stop it.

I have written this review how I saw the campsite as I visit this website for honest reviews on where to camp.

Previous     138 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Codicote, Hertfordshire 02/05 to 31/05
A massive range of tents, trailer tents and accessories on display to wander around