Visitor Reviews - Hurst View (solent View) Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Hurst View (solent View) Camping
New Forest
Lower Pennington Lane
Lymington
Hampshire   (Browse area)
SO41 8AL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m  1m  5m  1m  1m  5m   5m  5m  5m  1m

Open: All Year

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  153 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Hippy campers 1 review from this member

Just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay with you last weekend.

You were all so lovely and friendly! Loved the relaxed approach, as campsites should be! The site was great and in a beautiful location, the shower blocks fantastic (very clean, hot water and great pressure), the breakfast yummy and a bargain, directions to the pub perfect (15min walk, great food, friendly locals)and the weather behaved itself too. Loved being able to have open fires too (we didn't but sat out watching the others dotted around the site, which was very relaxing. Well behaved dogs and children! Good walks to coast or forest easily reached.

We will be returning but with a tent next time.

Thank you so much, we loved it.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Le neve 1 review from this member

Just back from Hurst View for the second time. The campsite was hit by storm Katie with winds of 106 miles an hour, didn't spoil our holiday though, tent was only slightly damaged. Would like to thank Denise and her staff for all their help for the rest of our stay. Will look forward to going back again as the site and staff are so good. Good, clean toilets and showers and good shop and cafe, food was lovely and fairly priced

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bellsatsea 2 reviews from this member

Arrived very late due to BHol traffic but had already had a welcoming phone call giving local advice on best route in, on arrival friendly welcome and offered a handstand with electric hookup for the night. Pitched the caravan the following morning after advice on probable wind direction expected during the Easter weekend, wouldn't the bank holiday if it wasn't raining at some point. Showers and toilets clean and adequate. Enjoyed a camp fire on the dry evenings and being allowed to let the dogs off the lead but supervised when out and about the van made for a very relaxed stress free break. I noted the comment of the lady insisting on dog leads all the time, my suggestion for her is pick a Caravan club site if you want stringent rules. This site is about relaxation and mutual respect for your neighbours which encourages a great atmosphere and people caring for the site. Brilliant staff, great location and a fantastic place to relax with family and the dogs. PS. Buy their home reared chicken eggs, not tasted eggs that good for a while.

Date of Visit: November 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Peterinoxford 3 reviews from this member

We visited this site halfway through November, strong breezes offshore, very bracing. At this time of the year there was loads of space, we picked our spot and hooked up to the power. This is a large business with many caravans and statics, but there is plenty of room. The toilet blocks are very well equipped and look new, and not overcrowded due to being in the winter.

A short walk takes you toward the sea but first the saltpans, an old industry that has large rectangular areas of water bordered by paths set on low ridges. This is a birdwatcher's paradise, it is also great for us dog owners. Beyond all this unusual industrial archaeology is rapid access to the sea with some beach areas

About 35 mins walk eastward is Lymington with a lovely setting and a not to be missed Saturday market along the High Street. At the foot of the High Street is a delightful cobbled area that leads to the harbour and a shop that does crab sandwiches to die for. There is also an excellent pub within a short walk of the site that is very welcoming and does good food, go to the website for directions to the Chequers.

Overall this is an excellent site, but personally I prefer it out of season, but my dog would love it anytime.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Luvitloud 1 review from this member

Just come back from a great weekend here. Had no issue with anyone and I did not witness any problems. Have good facilities, toilets were as clean as you would expect with the amount of people using them.

My only slight comment would be better markings of reserved patches. We were told to 'camp anywhere', did not notice some sings laid flat on the grass in the hedge row. Had our tent set up to be told that we were in a reserved pitch. Luckily it was only me and my son so had the small two man one. Would have been seriously annoyed if I had set up a family one. The staff member did help me move the tent etc to another spot and could not apologise enough for the confusion. Big thumbs up!

They have electric hook ups but was told at booking there were none available which suits me anyway as don't use them. As with other reviews there are some good walks out the back gate. Did not really do much locally as there for the weekend to have some boy time with my son, although were recommended a good fishing lake at the time of booking.

Have had some really quick respnoses to emails also on the lead up to our stay.

I would certainly go back there, especially because of the fires there were no annoying bugs about, that is worth it alone in my view.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pointer7 1 review from this member

Had a lovely week at this campsite. There were two fields available, and as we wanted a quiet site we went to the open field, near to the far side hedge where we could relax and enjoy some peace and quiet. The showers and toilets were very clean. The other field was much noisier with a large play area for kids (all of which were very well behaved)

The local walks were fabulous, walking through the nature reserve and seeing Isle of Wight - stopped for a drink at the local pub and was made very welcome

We traveled to Bournemouth, Christchurch and Highcliffe Castle all fantastic for just walking and looking around, so I would say the site is great for local attractions

We were disappointed that some of the rules for the campsite were broken by some campers. We specifically wanted a site for our dog and having had her attacked at a previous campsite we took extra time in finding one that asked all dog owners to keep their dogs on a leash. Sadly there were many dogs roaming without a lead - I am sure their owners thought their little poppets were safe - but it made for some uncomfortable trips around the site with our very nervous dog. I did mention to a lovely lady at reception that there were a few dogs off the lead, and the response was disappointing. She advised that they are not legally bound to enforce this rule. We were also surprised to see that although the write up advised 'no group camping' and no noise after dark - this rule was also broken. We had quite a few little get togethers on our field - most of them were very respectful but we did not appreciate having booming music coming from a teenage party (starting at 3pm Saturday) To give them their due they did turn the music right down at 9. 30 - only we then had a party of Abba fans churning out Dancing Queen at 11pm.

I must say that the staff were exceptionally friendly, but we would have appreciated a little more assertiveness when rules were being broken.

We would have also appreciated it if the field that we camped on was not covered with cow pats! I know we are in the country, but it did prove difficult when walking to the toilets during the night - the cows must have only just been taken off the land before we arrived.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Baregrills 3 reviews from this member

Love this place. Just spent another weekend there and as we live locally it is about our third trip. Facilities are always nice and clean and I love the laxness of the place. Being able to turn up and pitch up without someone telling you what you can and can't do. There have to be some rules obviously but they don't have to be draconian. The fire pits are a great Idea but as there have been quite a few in the past it's worth making sure you have a footprint for your tent to give it a bit of protection. Whilst only small the playground is a great focal point for the children and there is a unit serving breakfasts which is open at various other times which I think is dependent on how busy the site is. My only tiny gripe is being told to turn off a speaker that is no bigger than an egg only to have to listen to a group close by singing American pie (badly) at midnight and a few times. They were obviously too big a group to be tackled by security. I understand the reasoning behind a ban but think it needs policing properly if at all.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Krakinka 11 reviews from this member

Camped in the bottom field, no electric hook up. Large flat field & arriving lunchtime Friday meant I got a good spot, rear to the hedge, front door looking into the field. Afternoon got busier & by evening it was almost standing room only! It got even busier Saturday! By Sunday lunchtime the site was like a ghost town thank goodness!

This is a 'pitch anywhere' site and worryingly there is no advice or guidance on pitching etiquette or fire safety. Even more concerning that campfires are encouraged, on the ground! Ironic that in the 'rules' campers were asked to keep BBQ's off the ground to not scorch the grass! It was pretty gusty at times, making me paranoid that sparks or embers were going to set us all up in flames :-(

Although there were 'security' about teenage boys playing football until it was too dark to see the ball were not stopped and large groups of 5 or 6 tents camped together meant a reasonable bed time of 11pm was not achievable!

There were 8 showers & toilets in the ladies and surprisingly even though the site was busy I never had to queue for the toilet and only once for the showers. The facilities were of a good standard, though in my opinion needed to be checked more often by the cleaners. Or perhaps parents of small children should accompany their children!?!

Local pub the Chequers was quaint, just under a mile away. Food was of good standard, but 4. 50 for a pint of San Miguel & 6. 95 for a starter overpriced in my opinion.

Considering facilities, flatness of site, very reasonably priced at 10 per night per person & proximity to Lymington I would rate this site 7/10, but would not consider camping here again due to the large groups allowed and the lack of fire safety.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mad mum 6 reviews from this member

Location on the edge of the Solent with views to the isle of wight is good. Spent a fun afternoon crabbing off the harbour wall, a short walk from the campsite.

The site itself was not one we would go to again. There are no marked pitches which means when the site is busy you end up with another caravan or tent very close. There are also burnt patches dotted all around from campfires.

Also dogs were roaming freely around the site.

We were there in the week and the showers etc were adequate, I imagine in peak season there are queues everywhere.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fredceep 1 review from this member

I must say I really enjoyed my stay at hurst view. I was particularly impressed by the security patrolling all evening as near us there was a large group playing music on and off all evening. After hearing many attempts by security to deal with the situation I'm happy to say the noise problem was solved and a good nights sleep was had by all. Well done for sam and dave who were very friendly the following evening when we discussed the problem. I would recommend this site to everyone. Amenities were excellent also and toilets were kept clean even during the night which was fantastic given it was a bank holiday and extremely bsy.

Previous     153 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Week Camping Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks! Win a pair of Outwell Chairs and Table

UKCS Meet UK Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 4-5th June
The summer spectacular takes place at the Kent Event Centre. Buy discounted weekend tickets, or enter our competition to win some!

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016