Visitor Reviews - Moor View Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Moor View Touring Park
California Cross
Modbury
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel:

1m  1m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  79 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Fingersoffire 1 review from this member

This is a lovely site once you finally arrive through the extremely narrow Devon roads.

The site is peaceful with lovely views over Dartmoor in the distance and its facilities are extremely good although the WiFi was intermittent. However there is a computer in the lounge for guests to use free of charge.

The owner is extremely helpful and although there was a slight problem with our booking when we arrived this was sorted out.

I would recommend this site to anyone wanting a peaceful and quiet week away from it all.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Baileybus 25 reviews from this member

Just returned from 2 night break. Nice suite but rather disjointed. Great dog walking area. Pitches could be bigger and better spaced. Not keen on having people right behind us. Couldn't believe the latest time you could arrive before reception closed was 5pm. Seems rather early! Local pub serves great food but bit pricey. On info sheet we received upon arrival, we were surprised to see there was no details on how to contact a warden. Showers bit dated but clean with lots of lovely hot water. Enjoyed our break.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Syntum percy 2 reviews from this member

Good dog exercise area of 5 acre field. Small cramped caravan pitches with large sharp granite hard core that cuts groundsheet to ribbons. Expensive considering dated facilities that were only cleaned once a day. Description says pub within walking distance but with no path and very narrow lane it is unsafe to walk so car required for all outings.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daisydaisy 21 reviews from this member

First the Pros – clean site slightly sloping although the pics look flat but not too bad. Showers I liked, you could adjust the temperature, plenty of space, plenty of hooks for your clothes and the floor kept relatively dry. They put the heating on to on a chilly day.

Laundry which I used, quite reasonable at £3 per wash.

They have a common room with free tea and coffee, a TV, sofas, a computer, microwave, fridge and freezer. Nice room.

The site has free wifi, a bonus.

Pitches all hard standing with bushes between, which gives a nice outlook. You can see the moors from the site so very picturesque. Also fully serviced.

Now the cons

This is termed apparently, a `tranquil` adult only site. Now here’s the thing, when I booked last year for a rally of 10 vans this wasn’t explained and the woman who worked there at the time happily took our booking. I pointed out that we have evening meetings and could we erect a tent for the purpose. “No need” she told me, “We have a room you can use”. “Great” I said, “What about others on the site though, they might want to use it?” “It’s rarely used that time of year” she said.

Forward to around Christmas time when I explained we would have names of people attending the rally. The woman I spoke to had left and there was a new one. She seemed fine and arranged to book our pitches all together at the back of the site.

Forward to a week or so back for last minute checking. The second woman I dealt with had also left and I was left with site manager to deal with. Our pitches which were booked had all been cancelled and instead of being together, we were dotted about the site. The room we could use I was told was not big enough for 20 people so we had to bring the tent.

The tent was erected on a piece of grass near our van and the night before it was to be used, hubby and I, along with two friends were discussing the lights. A woman from a caravan came out, it was around 10pm and more or less told us to shut up talking. The next day David came to me and quite rudely said “take the tent down immediately or get off the site”. Bearing in mind all our fellow caravaners were about to turn up, this wasn’t ideal. I said I needed time to think about this and so it was taken down and he allowed us to put it up in the camping field. This wasn’t as convenient, but we had no choice in the matter.

Now this so called “tranquil site” had a JCB trundling up and down making a racket for the first week of our stay whilst they did some work and just before we left someone else a few rows away someone was vacuuming out their car. I am not sensitive to noise anyway, but our talking was much quieter than both of these incidents.

To sum up, this site is fine for people who like to tuck themselves away, but if you plan on maybe going with friends, I suggest you forget it, as talking isn’t tolerated and you may get scolded by the site manager and threatened with expulsion.

We should never have been allowed to book a rally in the first place, they want your money, but they don’t actually want you there. Also if you don’t like extremely narrow roads with large hedgerows it also isn’t for you.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Davyboy57 2 reviews from this member

An excellent site. Owner was very helpful after I'd left our EHU; lent a spare that he had.

Excellent view of moor.

Toilet block warm and well lit; didn't use shower facilities, but looked very clean and modern. And they are free.

Great dog walking facilities.

Take a torch if you walk to the nearest pub (California Cross Inn - pitch black on return!) Excellent pub - friendly staff and locals, excellent food, great beer and wine.

Would visit again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Layla15 3 reviews from this member

We had a 4 night stay here and have mixed views about the site.

We love and know the area very well having stayed many times in self catering properties. It's a great area for those who like their walks, beaches and countryside.

The lady on reception was very friendly and helpful upon arrival which is always a good start.

We were able to pitch wherever we liked in the camping field and were about to set up when someone advised us that where we were may get the 'worst of the bad smell' from the sewage! We had already began to notice it.

However, we pitched further up the field with no problems and had fanatstic peaceful views over Dartmoor.

The facilities were fine. There was plenty of hot water, they were clean and we never had to queue. I thought the common room was a lovely idea and would be greatly appreciated if the weather had turned bad. Tea and coffee was supplied and could be made for a donaton and there was also a fridge/freezer, very useful.

I believe, from what a couple of people told us, that the size of pitches for caravans was too small. We had no problem in that regard in the camping field.

We would return but only if we knew in advance we could be away from the smell!

Previous     79 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016