Visitor Reviews - Moor View Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Moor View Touring Park
California Cross
Modbury
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
PL21 0SG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  81 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: MadAboutMotorhoming 15 reviews from this member

We enjoyed the most stunning views over to Dartmoor from this great campsite. It was such a restful weekend and the relaxed smiles on all the other campers' faces when we arrived, said it all. It's been a few years since we have been to this site and we wondered why we had left it so long. Perhaps it was the single lane (in places) A road leading to the The toilets/showers although not as modern as 'club sites', were spotless, with plenty of hot free running water. It was easy to book online and the owners were extremely accommodating. We will return again soon to rediscover more of this beautiful part of Devon

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Fingersoffire 1 review from this member

This is a lovely site once you finally arrive through the extremely narrow Devon roads.

The site is peaceful with lovely views over Dartmoor in the distance and its facilities are extremely good although the WiFi was intermittent. However there is a computer in the lounge for guests to use free of charge.

The owner is extremely helpful and although there was a slight problem with our booking when we arrived this was sorted out.

I would recommend this site to anyone wanting a peaceful and quiet week away from it all.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Syntum percy 2 reviews from this member

Good dog exercise area of 5 acre field. Small cramped caravan pitches with large sharp granite hard core that cuts groundsheet to ribbons. Expensive considering dated facilities that were only cleaned once a day. Description says pub within walking distance but with no path and very narrow lane it is unsafe to walk so car required for all outings.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tomtom1959 1 review from this member

We arrived @ around 1300 hours. We booked in We were put on pitch 51. When I came to put the van on the pitch a car was parked on it. We asked if we could be moved and were told as we had booked on line we couldn't. I don't know where the name came from MOOR VIEW because the only view we had was another van opposite. The lay out of this site is all wrong. If you had a pitch at the top of the hill that's where you get a view. The guy that run the park had ample to time to move us as we were there for 2 weeks. There are some people going to work from the site so if you want a lie in for get it. The only plus side is the showers ETC spotless. Wild horses wouldn't get me back there. We left two days early

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Baileybus 27 reviews from this member

Just returned from 2 night break. Nice suite but rather disjointed. Great dog walking area. Pitches could be bigger and better spaced. Not keen on having people right behind us. Couldn't believe the latest time you could arrive before reception closed was 5pm. Seems rather early! Local pub serves great food but bit pricey. On info sheet we received upon arrival, we were surprised to see there was no details on how to contact a warden. Showers bit dated but clean with lots of lovely hot water. Enjoyed our break.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daisydaisy 21 reviews from this member

First the Pros – clean site slightly sloping although the pics look flat but not too bad. Showers I liked, you could adjust the temperature, plenty of space, plenty of hooks for your clothes and the floor kept relatively dry. They put the heating on to on a chilly day.

Laundry which I used, quite reasonable at £3 per wash.

They have a common room with free tea and coffee, a TV, sofas, a computer, microwave, fridge and freezer. Nice room.

The site has free wifi, a bonus.

Pitches all hard standing with bushes between, which gives a nice outlook. You can see the moors from the site so very picturesque. Also fully serviced.

Now the cons

This is termed apparently, a `tranquil` adult only site. Now here’s the thing, when I booked last year for a rally of 10 vans this wasn’t explained and the woman who worked there at the time happily took our booking. I pointed out that we have evening meetings and could we erect a tent for the purpose. “No need” she told me, “We have a room you can use”. “Great” I said, “What about others on the site though, they might want to use it?” “It’s rarely used that time of year” she said.

Forward to around Christmas time when I explained we would have names of people attending the rally. The woman I spoke to had left and there was a new one. She seemed fine and arranged to book our pitches all together at the back of the site.

Forward to a week or so back for last minute checking. The second woman I dealt with had also left and I was left with site manager to deal with. Our pitches which were booked had all been cancelled and instead of being together, we were dotted about the site. The room we could use I was told was not big enough for 20 people so we had to bring the tent.

The tent was erected on a piece of grass near our van and the night before it was to be used, hubby and I, along with two friends were discussing the lights. A woman from a caravan came out, it was around 10pm and more or less told us to shut up talking. The next day David came to me and quite rudely said “take the tent down immediately or get off the site”. Bearing in mind all our fellow caravaners were about to turn up, this wasn’t ideal. I said I needed time to think about this and so it was taken down and he allowed us to put it up in the camping field. This wasn’t as convenient, but we had no choice in the matter.

Now this so called “tranquil site” had a JCB trundling up and down making a racket for the first week of our stay whilst they did some work and just before we left someone else a few rows away someone was vacuuming out their car. I am not sensitive to noise anyway, but our talking was much quieter than both of these incidents.

To sum up, this site is fine for people who like to tuck themselves away, but if you plan on maybe going with friends, I suggest you forget it, as talking isn’t tolerated and you may get scolded by the site manager and threatened with expulsion.

We should never have been allowed to book a rally in the first place, they want your money, but they don’t actually want you there. Also if you don’t like extremely narrow roads with large hedgerows it also isn’t for you.

Previous     81 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a OLPRO Caravan Cover 3 sets of AutoSock car snow socks to be won

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 - 19th to 22nd January
A huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016

UKCampsite.co.uk
24 Daily Prizes and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth £289.99!
Open Today's Window!