Visitor Reviews - Short Ferry Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Site Reviews

Short Ferry Caravan Park
Ferry Road
Fiskerton
Lincoln
Lincolnshire   (Browse area)
LN3 4HU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  20 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: ANGEDAWS 21 reviews from this member

Also just back from this site after the bank holiday weekend (2 adults and 2 teenagers). First of all this site charges 20 a night, with EHU, so they are definitely not trying to rip anyone off and all of my comments should be taken with that in mind. The site is large and and accommodates a lot of privately owned statics some of which are old. Parts of the site are scruffy and untidy but there is a sense that the owners try to do what they can.

The touring area is well set out with hedge lined bays. The showers and toilets look like they have been refitted and were clean every time I went in. I got a lovely hot shower at 7. 30am and one token gave me enough time to shower and wash my hair - just. I didn't ever see any members of staff on the touring area but they must have been in and cleaned at some point. And yes, no soap in the toilets which is annoying.

The touring section we were in was noisy at times, particularly one night when the partying went on past the midnight curfew but I suppose it was bank holiday weekend and the site was full. Although there are lots of rules and regulations you do wonder whether these are enforced. I cant imagine anyone checking to see if the site is quiet after midnight but maybe I am wrong.

There is masses of space for children to play, the fishing was one of the main reasons we went and hubby and eldest son said it was excellent, as was the tackle shop. The swimming pool area was lovely and the shop well stocked. We had a good meal in the on site pub and prices were very reasonable. We didn't go to the family fun day that was organised but there is definitely plenty to do for children.

We wanted a site that did serious fishing with a few on site facilities and near tourist attractions so it suited us. We all agreed that we would go back again when it was maybe not quite so busy.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Kiffy0111 1 review from this member

We have just got back from this site after the weather was lovely for the Bank Holiday weekend. When we first pulled up to the campsite it looked very dated with old Static Caravans at the front, then a drive down to the camping area, which looked a lot better with patricians sectioning off your pitches. There were a few seasonal pitches in this area. The ground was quite level with cement hard standing, some of which were little off set and meant that your awning was nearly hitting the bushes and was very tight to get out. As we were setting up, kids were playing football and I had to move my car out the way.

I had read other reviews about the toilet block, and was pleasantly surprised that the toilets looked clean, although there was never any soap to wash your hands. I was very disappointed by the showers as they were freezing, to the point that in the next shower to me a child was screaming as it was that cold, and as in other reviews the token you have to put in outside of the shower cubicle is very frustrating and definitely needs changing. I did mention this to reception only to be told they were very busy and I could have come up to reception and used some more showers up there, where I replied I didn't know they were cold when I went in and put my token in did I.

The campsite was nice and quite at night time and the fishing was very good.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Debbiep75 1 review from this member

Just had a great weekend there with our neighbours. Kids love the swimming pool and going fishing, the pub is ok too friendly staff, good food, my only criticism is the toilet and showers blocks nothing has been done too them through the winter and they are in dyer need! dirty, showers spray everywhere bar on you, shower token box outside of your shower which once you've put your token in shower sprays directly at you on entering back in wetting your clothes there are shower curtains but they are barely hung with hooks missing absolutely rubbish desperately in need of total rebuild!

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: J quinn 6 reviews from this member

Just got back from this site in general this site is very good for fishing, a swimming pool for kids, a pub that's does good meals and fine ales and the price per night to pitch up is reasonable. Now the downside the toilet block/showers are the worst I have ever used, you have two sinks no soap no hand dryer the showers are 20p tokens but the machines are fitted to a wall outside of the shower unit and as soon as the token is put in the shower kicks in there is no stop and start button you need to put the curtain across or your clothes get wet. Also who ever fitted the shower doors must have been crazy you have to stand in the shower tray to close it. That said for the price the site is ok but if you are in a touring van use your own

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kelly and Broydon 21 reviews from this member

We spent three lovely nights at this site with friends in our tents.

The site is it feels situated in the middle on nowhere but is in fact a ten minute drive from Lincoln, it is as some of the other reviews have mentioned have a mixture of static and touring caravans. It also occasionally allows tents on. It is true some of the caravans are old and not to the standard many sites have but we didn't feel this has a negative.

The adjoining pub (it did have more of a WMC feel to it) and facilities could in fairness do with a bit of love and attention. There was something going off most nights and the bingo went down a treat especially as the girls won, an 80's night was on the Saturday night but as the web site had not advertised this we hadn't fetched anything so didn't go (apparently a new web site is ready soon with much more information on) however dispute the site needing TLC everything seemed clean and the showers were hot and there was plenty of them around the site.

The main thing about this site besides the owners being friendly is it's love of fishing, our two sons (8 and 12) had not really fished before but within a few minutes with the help of the friends we had come with had both landed large fish and continued to do so. One of the lakes you could fish in for the price you had paid or for a minimal fee you could have a day pass to one of the other lakes, the owner even would supply a set up kit for the kids at a very reasonable price.

The parks were like most of the site in need of TLC and the heated swimming pool wasn't very heated as our children discovered but on a hot summers day would be great.

With the fishing and EHU included in the price we felt this was good value for money and one we will return to.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jack the lass 1 review from this member

Used the campsite in 2012 and found it really loud, this put us off going again so didn't go back in 2013 however decided to give it a go again as heard that it had upgraded and more fishing lakes added and was really glad we did. The new fishing lakes are great. You can have a lovely walk with the dog on the river bank and they have added some seating looking onto the new lakes which is nice and great when sunny. The camp office staff are really friendly and helpful which is nice and I wouldn't hesitate to book again now. One thing I would like to know though is where is the nearest fish &chip shop.

Previous     20 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lincolnshire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016