Visitor Reviews - Melrose Gibson Park Caravan and Motorhome Club Site

High Street
(selkirkshire)
Melrose
Borders   (Browse area)
TD6 9RY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m 1m  5m   1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  60 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win 100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer:

I have recently stayed at lady Margarets park which is run by the caravan and motor home club. I found this very well laid out with good sized pitches. The setting for this site is very tranquil. The staff very helpful. Excellent for walkers and bike riders especially along the union canal. Before coming to this site I could of been put off by the reviews I read about the toilet and shower block, yes it's not brand new but it's spotless and contrary to what people have written about the block the water pressure is fine and the water is warm. I wouldn't hesitate going back to this site. People who have complained about the shower and toilet at this site need to experience a council run site.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Kompany 1 review from this member

I have recently stayed at lady Margarets park which is run by the caravan and motor home club. I found this very well laid out with good sized pitches. The setting for this site is very tranquil. The staff very helpful. Excellent for walkers and bike riders especially along the union canal. Before coming to this site I could of been put off by the reviews I read about the toilet and shower block, Yes it's not brand new but it's spotless and contrary to what people have written about, the block the water pressure is fine and the water is warm. I wouldn't hesitate going back to this site. People who have complained about the shower and toilet at this site need to experience a council run site.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Capt Lightning 30 reviews from this member

Very disappointed with both the site and Melrose itself. Normally I don't book more than a few days in advance, but I had booked Melrose a couple of weeks ahead. Even on a wet midweek in March I was amazed that this site should be fully booked.

OK, for a Club site the facilities were very good and the staff were friendly and helpful, but somehow, the site just didn't feel right. It had all the charm of staying in a gravelled car park. One redeeming feature was the abundance of free Wi-fi hotspots!

There is a small, expensive Co-op just outside the site and a few shops in town - if they can be bothered to serve you. All very 'League of Gentlemen'. You could always visit the abbey which used to be free - now you have to stump up 5. 50 per adult.

The reason for this site's popularity eludes me. I wouldn't bother to go back, but doubtless many will sing its praises. I've stayed at many Club sites that I've really enjoyed, but let's just say, Gibson park is not one of them!

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Welshy165 5 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 2 nights (Monday/Tuesday)for walking the borders abbeys way. We never booked and were lucky to get in as there had been a cancellation we were told on arrival. The campsite is 96% full all year round we were informed so probably better to book before travelling. We got a hard standing pitch with space for an awning. Pitch was nice and level and close to toilet block. Campsite is in a perfect location about a 2 minute walk to the co-op and spar shops and about 5 minutes from the abbey. Melrose is very nice and will definitely be coming back for another visit in the future.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Roons 5 reviews from this member

We chose this site for a 4 night stay after reading reviews and because we wanted to visit the town of Melrose.

The site is ideally situated almost in the center of Melrose and therefore is just a few minutes walk to shops, restaurants, pubs etc. (CC Members get 10% discount at The Kings Arms and The Station Hotel and also a Bistro but not sure of name. Kings Arms was nice.

The site is very attractive and well maintained with good sized, hard standing pitches both fully serviced and normal. My only gripe here was that the almost too efficient warden sprayed all the pitches with weedkiller while the pitches were occupied and while my dog lay at our awning door. He was suited and masked for the job which is good but us and fellow campers were not happy that poisonous weedkiller was sprayed whilst pets (and people) were only a few feet away! We appreciate that the job needs doing and it's difficult to do while pitches are occupied but maybe evening would of been a better time when dogs and people are more likely to be indoors.

The toilet and shower block were immaculate as always with Caravan Club and an excellent, undercover dish-washing area with loads of hot water. A good size dog exercise area at top of site. Also a field next to the dog walk with mehhing sheep! Our neighbours didn't like the sheep but we didn't find them noisy at all!

The female warden was friendly and very efficient.

Melrose itself is a lovely town with some nice shops and pubs. We had a chipper one night and despite being enormous wasn't the best we had ever had. We also had a meal in The Ship Inn which was good - good sized portions, good price and friendly staff. Melrose Abbey is definitely worth a visit and if you want supermarkets Galashiels is just 10 minutes drive away.

Apart from the weed-killing near pets gripe, we really can't fault this site or the town. Recommend and would go back!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Headgardener 21 reviews from this member

We had previously lived in the Borders many years ago and were very much looking forward to a return visit. The morning of our arrival at the site my wife was admitted to the Borders General Hospital with a serious condition and I arrived at the site on my own later in the day. I cannot speak highly enough of the help and support I received from

The lady on reception duty. The site is very busy and within easy walking distance of Melrose Town Centre, the Abbey and river walk. There are plenty cafes, pubs and restaurants in the town and a Co-op and Spar plus many interesting shops.

The facilities on site are excellent, very clean and well looked after.

We hope to return later in the year when my wife has fully recovered.

Previous     60 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Borders   -   Search for a site

Win an Abberley 2 Lightweight Touring Tent Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to 175!

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough - 22nd to 23rd April