Visitor Reviews - Brownmuir Caravan Park

Brownmuir Caravan Park
Fordoun
Laurencekirk
Aberdeenshire   (Browse area)
AB30 1SJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01561 320786

1m  1m  1m  10m  1m  1m  1m   10m  10m  10m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  9 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Motor2014 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here in May. Owner very helpful. Toilets and showers very clean, as was the whole site. Lovely base for touring and golf course just up the road. No shop on site, but shop in village. Site very quiet and peaceful. I think the sole owner of this site is doing a splendid job, under the circumstances, as I was told that her husband had just passed away recently! Well done you for carrying on with this site. You are doing a good job.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kgm64 3 reviews from this member

A nice little site with decent facilities and in a nice area. Owners were very nice and helpful and there is plenty to see in the area. Showers could do with upgrading. A bit of noise from the dual carriageway was evident. If you are visiting to go walking etc. It is a good site but for eating out or pubs it's a bit out of the way. You are not too far from Aberdeen for visitor attractions and quite close to the Aberdeenshire coast line.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ehr100 5 reviews from this member

Sadly we did experience personal problems with the owners.

During our overnight stay the toilet block was accessed by a key. This we had no problem with. What we did find was the toilets were a little unclean, as there are no brushes to wipe the pan with after use. The wardens have admitted that the toilets are cleaned twice a day-unfortunately from our stay from 1. 30pm until 9am the next morning-the male toilets had not been cleaned, and the toilets were very uninviting.

At 25. 00 per night per unit, I would have expected a lot more facilities on site. Ideal for just a overnight stop-over.

Although the above did spoil our visit, the site was ok.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jan + Nige 2 reviews from this member

The site is excellent, well drained and with good facilities. It was kept clean and tidy, and had everything a family of 4 needed for a good holiday. While we were there, we had some trouble with our car.

We fetched basic supplies from the local shop in Auchenblae, about 30 mins walk. The shop sold fresh bread, milk, eggs, bacon, ham etc. As well as newspapers and local produce.

The site owners could not have been more helpful. Apart from freezing our ice packs and checking the facilities at least twice a day, they also ensured that the site was quiet at night. They even ran my husband into Laurencekirk to fetch the car when it was fixed.

We will be going back. This is a stunning part of the world. Coastal towns and villages are rugged but beautiful, and the hills nearby are spectacular. We had an amazing day climbing Clachnaben, a local mountain. (well, nearly a mountain) Local supermarkets included Tesco and Morrisons in Banchory, both with petrol.

The only downside to this site is that the tent area is next to the popular play area. Great if you have small kids, a bit noisy otherwise.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kevinmacdonald 3 reviews from this member

When I rate things, they're given a perfect score and points removed for the bad things.

OK, when you find this place, either tag in it your GPS or phone, or don't leave! must've got lost twice a day in the 3 days we were there. More to do with me than the site I think. No shop on the site, but located further down the road. A bit of a pain if your rough and want a bacon roll

On first appearance the site is very well maintained, save for a few pot holes and a faulty fence.

Toilet block is dated but clean. As previously reviewed, 20p for a shower, but nowhere to get change! Washer and drier located in the potwash area, 2. 50 a turn. They are large so I dare say you'd get a lot in there. A few books also in the potwash, I'm guessing you can borrow them, so long as you don't steal them.

Dogs are accepted under reasonable control. We kept ours on the leash in the dog walking area, but noticed other residents didn't bother so we let ours play amongst themselves. I'm very strict when it comes to dog poop, mine know the rules, poop first, play later. This means they are not allowed to run around until they've moved their bowels, this means I can always clean up after them. As we were leaving, the owners came over and asked me to 'clean up your dog sh*t before you go' I found this a little hostile and went with her to investigate. She had found a turd that did not belong to me, I know my dogs poop, I've been picking it up for years. However, I had bags and alcohol gel in my pocket so I cleaned it up to be nice, told her it wasn't one of mine, and she argued the point with me, saying that dogs should be under control. I politely explained that It wasn't mine, and nobody else clipped their dogs so its almost impossible to say who is belongs to. There are no rules about dogs anywhere on the site (other than 'No dogs in the playpark') but I was made to feel like a 2nd rate citizen.

Will I return? No, not if my life depended on it. Park was quiet, apart from rush hour, but there are several other parks in the area that offer better services. From the top of my head, Johnshaven, about 8-10 miles away. Campsite is right on the waterfront, and the people are lovely and much more relaxed.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hev24 8 reviews from this member

Lovely, quiet site with level pitches. We didn't need EHU so pitched near the toilets looking on to the playpark.

The site is mainly for statics with a small touring area but is laid out in such a way that you don't feel over looked or squeezed in.

The toilet block is old but was kept very clean and showers were 20p for 6 mins. Small laundry room with washers and sink and a dedicated drying area for tourers. The water points were dotted around the park.

The playpark was good especially as we could keep an eye on our youngest while she still managed to get the freedom to run about.

There is no shop on site but there are local shops a few minutes drive away or bigger supermarkets in Stonehaven and beyond.

We felt this site was very good value for money at only 13 per night for a family of 4 and will definitely use it again when visiting the area.

Previous     9 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Aberdeenshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!