Visitor Reviews - Whitley Bay Holiday Park ( Park Resorts )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Tyne and Wear > Site Reviews

Whitley Bay Holiday Park ( Park Resorts )
Blythe Road
The Links
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear   (Browse area)
NE26 4RR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0843 309 2591

1m  5m  5m   10m

Pitches: Statics Only
Open: 21 March To 31 Oct 2014

Units accepted:   No Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  9 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: January 2013 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Webmaster

Please note that as of 2013 Whitley Bay Holiday Park no longer has any touring or camping pitches. Holiday homes only now.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Motley 20 reviews from this member

My wife was attending a seminar in Gosforth and to save the daily travel we booked into here for 5 nights.

It's a new touring site and we weren't sure what to expect.

On arrival we were handed some leaflets and told to find a pitch. Not always a good start. The weather had been terrible, with high winds and heavy rain. The driest pitch we found was still so waterlogged that we were unable to put the awning up.

Work was going on elsewhere and a dumper truck trundled past our caravan every 20 minutes fron 9 am to 4 pm, the mud and potholes on the road was horrendous.

Our pitch was 10 to 12 mts from the main road to Blythe and traffic was noisy for 24 hours. Our view from the van front window was onto a storage area for statics, has to be the worst view I've had in almost 50 years of touring!

The main area of the site, holiday homes, was quite nice with good landscaping. The clubhouse was not to our liking, but great for kids with rich parents!

The best part of the touring area was the toilets/ showers. These were portaloos and they were immaculate, but credit must go not to park resorts, but to the contractors who maintained them. Not sure if I'm allowed to give them a plug, but it was PHS.

When I tried to complain about the conditions, I was fobbed off in the usual manner, in fact when I gave my pitch number, the girl didn't know my name, the length of time we were staying and she even asked what we had paid! Crazy.

All in all a very disappointing experience, but it has taught me one thing, stick to family owned sites, as park resorts don't seem to worry about customer care and reputation.

I only wish these reviews would accept photos, as I have a horror gallery on my camera! Live and learn.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Markeyt 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site 15th September. First time on a Park Resort Site. Booked in and told park any where on touring pitch. Caravans were parked all different ways and some awnings faced each other which I always thought this was not allowed for fire risk and privacy. Toilets consisted of a porta cabin. These were kept clean but not to usual standards as other sites I have visited.

Was noisy one night one of the tourers appeared to be having a party about 15 people attended and seem to be getting out of hand until another camper sorted them out.

Campers all friendly mostly from Newcastle and helped us put the awning up. This site will not be taking tourers from November short of Staic caravan space.

Entertainment area very small compared to Haven sites. Consists swimming pool, bar, small amusement arcade, and shop.

We used the site has a base from which to tour.

Whitley Bay has a long sea front mainly green grassed area and you are not tormented with Amusement Arcades. You can walk for miles. Blyth a few miles down the road and has a good Fish& Chip Restaurant on the sea front. If you like touring I would suggest either a daily or weekly Rover Ticket any Bus to travel Tyne and Wear. Cost us £12. 50 for week and believe me we had our money worth hopping on and off the buses. Visited Beammish about 30 mile away. There is the Metro centre at Gates head. A walked down to the quay Newcastle and the city. We visited Durham and the cathedral, but you will have to pay extra on your Rover Ticket. Visited Berick. All travel by Rover Tickets.

Enjoyable week and would return but would explore other sites. Will try other Park Resorts as to be fair the site is being replaced with statics.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Louisechloe 22 reviews from this member

This site cost us £35 for 2 nights, on arrival we went to reception I gave them my reference number he did not even seem to check my booking, just went and made up a welcome pack and gave us a fob for the gate and told us to park anywhere.

The condition of the touring site is not the best, when you get to the touring the hardstand are oblong with hardcore you have to drive over the grass to get to them, so taking into consideration of the amount of rain we have had over the past few months, quite a few were water logged and the grassy areas were churned up, there are no paved walk ways, so you have to cross through other peoples pitches and across boggy grass to get to the toilets and entertainment area, I know the amount of rain we have had is not park resorts fault, but a few changes of the layout of the pitches and a bit of maintanence to get rid of some of the over grown grass on the pitches would make all of the difference.

The toilet blocks are portacabins, but are very modern and clean, the wash up area is 2 sinks stuck onto the portacabin, not covered. The entertainments complex is far to small for the size of the campsite, very small pool, the play area for the kids is okay.

The surrounding area makes up for the campsite though, the sea front is a 5 min walk from the site, we walked to the waves pool, which the kids enjoyed and then to Spanish city for fish and chips and an Ice cream, which all in all took about 30mins, then we walked back along the beach and then onto St marys lighthouse. I would use this site again, only for the surrounding area, my tip for using this site is get there early so you can get a good pitch that is not bogged out, if the weather has been bad, also when we left I handed over the fob for the barrier and they just said thanks, there was no confirmation that I had even gave it back.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bryoak1958 35 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site in june as we have friends who live in whitley bay. The site itself was very flat and easy for all drivers to negotiate. The toilets and showers were in cabins but spot on, lots of water and at the right temperature. Swimming baths and clubhouse were included in the price which at £15 per night was not bad (check prices on these sites as they shoot up when the schools are off)

The surrounding area is lovely, if you like walking you can walk down to the beach and along to Whitley bay, stopping at the Briar Dene pub (doggy friendly) on the way back. St Marys lighthouse is worth a look. Walking the other way for a couple of miles you will come to Seaton Sluice where all the boats are docked,worth a look. Will go again thank you

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Angelmikey 1 review from this member

Arrived on the site and was told we could choose any pitch as they weren't busy. Found the touring field no problem and chose the pitch near the toilet huts. Was a bit soggy around the grass but the caravan sits on hard standing so it was fine. Had electric hook up and our own water tap on the pitch so was well impressed. The toilets and showers are in portacabins but they are clean and nice and warm. Showers were hot and powerful.

It only takes about half an hour at a steady pace and you can walk to St. Marys lighthouse which we did, and even managed to get up to it as the tide was out. The club house is only small and a bit pricey for alcohol but we didn't really use it as we didn't have children with us so just chilled out in the caravan. There is a play park next to the club house and also a decent sized swimming pool which we would have used daily if the children had of been with us

It rained quite a lot whilst we were there and a few of the pitches near the toilets became rather soggy especially ours. The ones on the bottom seemed to be ok so would probably use one of those next time. The noise from the traffic can be quite loud but it didn't bother us at all.

Overall we had a great relaxing time and will definitely return with the children. Close to Whitley Bay town centre and also Blyth town centre.

When you first enter the reception area to check in with a tourer, make sure you tell them it is a touring check in or you may well be sent down to the clubhouse like I was. Had to walk back to main reception from the club house where the lady on reception realised I was touring and found the correct paperwork.

Previous     9 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Tyne and Wear   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers