Visitor Reviews - Horns Dam Fishing Lakes And Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Horns Dam Fishing Lakes And Caravan Park
Horns Lane
Goosnargh
Lancashire   (Browse area)
PR3 2FJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 5m   10m  5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  10 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jlowe2 2 reviews from this member

What an excellent site very peaceful and quiet fishing on site but not a disturbance very good country views easy access. All facilities spotless key to showers all within ease of walking. Close to Blackpool, Trough of Bowland, Preston Driving distance for the lakes, Manchester and Merseyside.

Pub within a short distance

Recycling on site

CL site open all year, £14 per night including electric, well laid out spaces excellent value for money would stay again without hesitation

Adult site

Many thanks to the owners for making it such a welcoming site

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Diawa Dave 1 review from this member

I have stayed on the Horns Dam CL caravan park for four day each time in the past two weeks and I am returning again this weekend. The owners could not have been more welcoming and helpful. The toilet block and shower/washing facilities are absolutely spotlessly clean. There are fishing lakes on site of which all surrounding grassed areas are also kept meticulously maintained. This site is set in a rural setting with local bars/restaurants close by. If it is peace and quiet you want and hospitality then I highly recommend this site for people fishing or simply touring.

Dave Pascoe

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pamela jenkins 1 review from this member

Recently visited Horns Dam (our third year) and once again the site was impeccable, especially the shower/toilet block. The owner was very welcoming and helpful. My husband was able to enjoy his favourite pastime (fishing) while I was able to read and relax in the wonderfully quiet country environment. It was lovely to watch the new lambs prancing about in the fields or take a walk around the peaceful carp fishing lake. Some fantastic local pub/restaurants and I would certainly recommend the Derby Arms (one mile out of Longridge on the Chipping road. )

Looking forward to our next visit.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dexter11 1 review from this member

As a newbie to caravanning we used the UKCampsite.co.uk web site to locate a caravan park that was local to us that allowed us to take our dogs and allowed me to go fishing.

When we arrived we were greeted by the owner who advised us of our pitch, my efforts to reverse the van were appalling after a short while the owner offered to reverse the caravan for me within a minute or two the caravan was parked and level, he assured me I would get used to reversing caravans (I have since discovered caravan-movers, I think they are now on our shopping list)

With regards to the site it was fantastic, the fishing was excellent with its choice of three lakes that were all well looked after. The site is an adult only site and that suited my wife and me. The shower block was modern and clean. We wanted a site that was peaceful and relaxing and we certainty came away relaxed. The owners were very helpful and welcoming.

I will definitely be returning to the Horns dam and I would certainly recommend it.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Esox67 3 reviews from this member

We have just stayed two nights at The Horns Dam over the bank holiday weekend. The owners were incredibly helpful from the moment we arrived, we were shown to our pitch and where the water, elsan disposal point and bin areas were.

The toilet block was newly built and very clean and tidy. The showers were very spacious. The site caters for those who are after a peaceful retreat there are also three fishing lakes to cater for those who wish to fish with nice walks nearby. By the end of the weekend we were completely relaxed. We will definitely being returning to the site again.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dot P 278 reviews from this member

We came across this one and decided to ask if room for a night - as we pulled onto the site we were met by owner who told us we must have the wrong site before we had spoken. We asked for 1 night stay and said ok, took our money and was gone.

Site was very clean and well laid out, 3 distinct areas, approx 20 ish seasonals, 5 CL and then another area next to CL with 5 or 6 vans. Toilets small but very clean - ladies 2 toilets and 1 shower / gents 1 toilet / 1 shower.

When we tried to use shower we found them locked - went and asked at the house and were advised we would need keys as they keep them locked - at this stage we were given keys. Showers absolutely fantastic - piping hot, big room for changing etc.

The site is definitely geared for the fishing - we were made to feel slightly unwelcome by the owners who queried where we pitched (no direction from them on arrival), no information on site etc. Shame as this is a lovely kept site with great little walks around the lakes etc.

Would be go again? no probably not as customer service was awful. However, if you are into the fishing side and book in advance then probably you would find it good as it does seem non booked arrivals are something out of the ordinary.

Previous     10 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers