Visitor Reviews - Horns Dam Fishing Lakes And Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Horns Dam Fishing Lakes And Caravan Park
Horns Lane
Goosnargh
Lancashire   (Browse area)
PR3 2FJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 5m   10m  5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  12 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: The Duckies 32 reviews from this member

This is our first time to this cl site for a weekend away. Friendly owners. We were the only ones there on the Friday night so very peaceful. A motorhome came on the Saturday. So very peaceful site. Hubby went fishing on site for a few hours on the Saturday. Only problem was no proper dog walk area on site to let dog off for a run as sheep in both fields. Hardstanding pitches. Toilet block clean and tidy.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jlowe2 3 reviews from this member

Returned again this year good as ever very peaceful adults only site watched good fishing with good catches. Again very pleasant reception from the owners nothing too much trouble. Very clean and well kept site no disturbance from the visitors fishing. Showers and toilets extremely clean and well presented. A very relaxing stay well done

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jlowe2 3 reviews from this member

What an excellent site very peaceful and quiet fishing on site but not a disturbance very good country views easy access. All facilities spotless key to showers all within ease of walking. Close to Blackpool, Trough of Bowland, Preston Driving distance for the lakes, Manchester and Merseyside.

Pub within a short distance

Recycling on site

CL site open all year, 14 per night including electric, well laid out spaces excellent value for money would stay again without hesitation

Adult site

Many thanks to the owners for making it such a welcoming site

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Diawa Dave 1 review from this member

I have stayed on the Horns Dam CL caravan park for four day each time in the past two weeks and I am returning again this weekend. The owners could not have been more welcoming and helpful. The toilet block and shower/washing facilities are absolutely spotlessly clean. There are fishing lakes on site of which all surrounding grassed areas are also kept meticulously maintained. This site is set in a rural setting with local bars/restaurants close by. If it is peace and quiet you want and hospitality then I highly recommend this site for people fishing or simply touring.

Dave Pascoe

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pamela jenkins 1 review from this member

Recently visited Horns Dam (our third year) and once again the site was impeccable, especially the shower/toilet block. The owner was very welcoming and helpful. My husband was able to enjoy his favourite pastime (fishing) while I was able to read and relax in the wonderfully quiet country environment. It was lovely to watch the new lambs prancing about in the fields or take a walk around the peaceful carp fishing lake. Some fantastic local pub/restaurants and I would certainly recommend the Derby Arms (one mile out of Longridge on the Chipping road. )

Looking forward to our next visit.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dexter11 1 review from this member

As a newbie to caravanning we used the UKCampsite.co.uk web site to locate a caravan park that was local to us that allowed us to take our dogs and allowed me to go fishing.

When we arrived we were greeted by the owner who advised us of our pitch, my efforts to reverse the van were appalling after a short while the owner offered to reverse the caravan for me within a minute or two the caravan was parked and level, he assured me I would get used to reversing caravans (I have since discovered caravan-movers, I think they are now on our shopping list)

With regards to the site it was fantastic, the fishing was excellent with its choice of three lakes that were all well looked after. The site is an adult only site and that suited my wife and me. The shower block was modern and clean. We wanted a site that was peaceful and relaxing and we certainty came away relaxed. The owners were very helpful and welcoming.

I will definitely be returning to the Horns dam and I would certainly recommend it.

Previous     12 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Tent Win a Weekend Camping Ticket East Anglian Game & Country Fair

UKCS Meet UK Spring Motorhome & Caravan Show 2nd - 3rd April
Held in Newark with day visitors, weekend campers, club rallies and trade stands. Buy tickets, or enter our competition to win some!

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016