Visitor Reviews - Brook Meadow Lakeside Holidays

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Leicestershire > Site Reviews

Brook Meadow Lakeside Holidays
Welford Road
Sibbertoft
Market Harborough
Leicestershire   (Browse area)
LE16 9UJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  1m  1m 5m  5m   10m  10m

Open: Open all year

Reviews:  107 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Greenp 13 reviews from this member

Almost perfect campsite. Everything you need. Straightforward pricing. Pitch where you wish. Restricted around the lake. QUite blustery and exposed around the lake, more shelter amongst the embankments. I wish I had known that they expect arrivals by 5pm. We clearly had put them out by arriving much later which I felt sorry to the owners for. Living on the land they need a break and it must be a hassle having people knock their home at any hour.

Clean toilets and showers. Surprised by how busy this site gets. But as lots of space, not a problem. Shop on site.

The location is in the middle of nowhere on Northamptonshire/ Leicestershire border so a car is needed to get anywhere interesting, unless you are a a keen cyclist. THough as a weekend getaway-it's everything you want and need.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Muddtfunkstarr 7 reviews from this member

A lovely site, with lovely owners which, we have used on many occasion, but sadly won't be returning any time soon as the amount of seemingly unsupervised children running amok spoiled an otherwise lovely campsite. Why do parents seem to find it OK to let their offspring use the toilet/shower block as a playground. I appreciate I sound like an old grump, but it spoiled a much needed weekend break. I guess I'll be looking for Adult only sites for the rest of the summer, as this would appear to be the only way to find peace in the countryside. Parents, although you may enjoy a little bit of down time from your offspring, but please think of others while you relax. We certainly couldn't.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Andy Love 1 review from this member

I don't usually leave reviews like this but we had such a fantastic holiday at brook meadow in May I wanted to let people know.

Firstly we stayed in Skylark. The larger of the chalets, which had just had a full refurbishment. The modifications were superb, the number two bedroom with the two single beds is great. We have members of our family coming and going during the stay, and we all had a fantastic time. The views out the glass doors overlooking the lake from the living room were a real plus - whilst enjoying a glass of wine! the facilities are first class, and grounds fantastically well kept, clean and tidy. The staff at the shop and information building were extremely friendly, and helpful throughout our stay. The fishing bailiff was also very friendly, informative and generally a really nice chap.

I am shocked reading an earlier post about the fishing. I am a a very keen fisherman, and regularly go on fishing holidays all around the world but I can honestly say the 5 days fishing I had on the carp lake are well up there with the best I have ever had!

We arrived on the Monday evening, set up a rod and floated a piece of bread on the top. Within an hour - I caught a 20lb common carp! the fishing continued to be great, lost count of the number of carp we were catching each day. With the sun shining they were on the top - and there were so many I joked you could have almost walked across the backs of the carp to the island in the middle of the lake!

To sum up our visit, great facilities, extremely well kept and picturesque grounds, fishing was the best I've experienced in a long long time - thanks brook meadow for a wonderful holiday. We will be back soon

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Imnogeek 4 reviews from this member

Lovely site with option to camp by lake.

We stopped in the large field and had loads of space for our 2 large tents.

Lots of people on site but all respectful making a very pleasant weekend.

Being allowed to use a fire pit was a bonus.

Staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities were great.

I cannot find anything negative about the site and will definitely visit again.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hamleys 6 reviews from this member

Just spent two nights on this site and overall it is a very clean and tidy site, also very quiet and tranquil especially at night.

The toilet and shower block is very bright and clean and well heated.

The only two negative points I would raise is that the electrical rating of the EHU's needs upgrading as if any one tries to use kettles and heating etc it trips RCB in the main box (not the RCB on your local hook up point)this takes out about 6 or 7 EHU's and you have to rely on the local warden if he is about or try and contact the office if any one answers this happened four times in an hour after our arrival,

And secondly I think the lake possibly needs restocking as during my two days not one fish was caught and talking to another person on site he had fished for a week and only had one fish.

To conclude we would return to the site but not to fish.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lynm 62 reviews from this member

Just come back from a weekend here.

Plus points; lovely, lovely greeting from staff who were so nice, hot water in the free showers, we were on a great hardstanding pitch opposite the lake with great views, hiring a fire pit to have a campfire.

Not so good; It is clearly stated that between 10pm and 7 am there should be no 'undue noise', I think the 6 12+ year olds cycling around on their bikes shouting and screaming their heads off didn't fit that and what got me is they actually did it in front of the wardens who were pitched there. There was a very large group on the camping field who were noisy all night. On Friday we went to bed at 12:00 but they were still going and it was the same Friday being 11:40 pm this time. Why have a rule you aren't going to enforce? The shower that I went to use on Saturday morning was filthy full of mud & grass (not owners fault) and I had to wash it down and clean it to be able to use it. The facilities block was a wooden chalet and whilst most of the time the loos and basins were clean the walls, & roof was not, in fact it was very off putting. The planes and helicopters fly over head a lot and on Sunday morning we were woken by a low flying helicopter at 4:50 am, followed by yet more children riding around on bikes at 6:45am screaming.

The weekend we went I would not describe the site as quiet and peaceful. This was mainly due to the large group who filled up most of the camping field and seemed to think they could do anything. In addition to that the person next to us parked their car and blocked ours in.

So all in all not our type of site and we doubt if we will ever return though that is sad as it looks gorgeous and having a campfire was a bonus and the owners are lovely.

I think there should be clarity in their advertising that they allow very large groups and that that don't enforce the timings policy or remove that altogether then we would have known not to choose the site.

Finally, whilst not the owners fault but down to lack of parents responsibility; I spent a lot of the weekend with my heart in my mouth as toddlers seem to be able to wander around and close to the edge of the lake with no adult with them. Scary stuff. On a weekend like this I think the wardens should take their responsibility seriously.

So disappointed.

Previous     107 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Leicestershire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016