Visitor Reviews - Kilbroney Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Northern Ireland > N Ireland > Site Reviews

Kilbroney Caravan Park
Shore Road
Rostrevor
N Ireland   (Browse area)
BT34 3AA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 028 4173 8134

1m  1m  1m  10m  5m  5m   5m  1m

Open: Easter To September

Reviews:  27 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin £200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mrs. Bonce 192 reviews from this member

A previous review states that this is one of the best sites in Northern Ireland! if this is the case, I dread to think what the others are like! the diagram of the site suggests that there are few trees; there are absolutely loads and they block out what should be lovely views.

We are on pitch 9, shown on the diagram as well away from trees, but it's right into them and also has a terrible slope, very difficult to level up. No Sky tv signal to be found.

Nobody so far has mentioned the midges which are out in force especially in the evenings.

There are still temporary showers which should have been finished; the one I used was full of tree debris and hair in the plughole, did not look as if it was ever cleaned properly.

The only saving grace is that there are decent walks around.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Balfour 14 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a couple of days - had the place to ourselves - thank god as a lot of the pitches were virtually unusable due to them being so slanted - I would say about one fifth you would need very big levelling ramps.

All sites well serviced, concreted, facilities good. Was unable to use the main entrance due to the height of the motorhome so had to go in the exit against the one way system. Very close to the town and Park. Lovely area.

Great as a centre for touring from. I have given it an overall rating of 7/10 due to the amount of pitches which really cannot be used safely.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Baddon 5 reviews from this member

Went with my 10 year old and our mountain bikes for one night to dip our tow in the water so to speak (not sure how stressful it would be if I'm honest)

STUNNING views

STUNNING trails

STUNNING site & facilities & Staff

Only bad point is that a lot of the hard standings are very slopped and would not have suited me at all. I just need a flat area, does not have to be hard standed as I don't bother with electric or other services. We stayed only a friday night as the site is so popular it was fully booked for Sat night.

Free WiFi was great once my son went to bed. Staff were helpful as this was our first stay at the site. They put a couple of my freezer pack in the freezer overnight so they could keep food cool the 2nd day.

Toilet blocks (there are two) were good and tidy. Biggest plus was the kids play ground though, my ten year old just disappeared as soon as we arrived and only came back to get a drink or introduce me to his new friends or when he needed food. Kids love em but really couldn't eat a whole one! Just as well the trailer tent is a doodle to put up and down on my own then!

I don't think they get a lot of trailer tents as I got quite an audience watching how it went up and loads of questions. I was one of the few men on site as it appears most work and leave wife and kids there during the week.

I meet loads of very friendly people, from an older couple in a MH who used to use a trailer tent to many families all stopping to say hello on their way past.

We will be back.

Would also use as a base for mountain biking with the good lady IF anyone wants to look after the three little ones???

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Aplpdf22 3 reviews from this member

This is a great site, well located for exploring Mourne area. The facilities are excellent and well maintained. There is lots for the whole family, wide open spaces, good playgrounds for children, greatmountain bike routes, walks direct from the site. It uses an easy off road walk into Rostrevor for shopping, pubs, restaurants and take always. Thoroughly recommended

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jonjesk 5 reviews from this member

We were looking forward to this site as we always read reviews to guide where we stay. I must say I was a little underwhelmed. Most of the pitches are on slopes, some quite severe. Toilet block was reasonable but dated, sinks a little too high for comfort. Great location [10 minute walk into the village, surrounded by forest] and views, great for mountain bikers. I wouldn't say I will not use it again but I would not rave about it.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jmc74 5 reviews from this member

We have been to this site a few times, and every time, we have a great stay. I don't want to repeat everything that is on their website to do, and everything the park has to offer, but I will review the camping basics that we like :-)

We stayed in an ehu site, but have also stayed in non ehu. The toilets/showers are clean/warm/tidy and free! There are enough showers and toilets to deal with the demand. We have never had to queue or wait for a shower or toilet!

There are 3 wash stations for doing dishes, again clean, warm and tidy. Plenty of bins to put rubbish in.

Washing machine is available for washing clothes, (we have never stayed long enough to need to use this facility).

There is a great park for the kids to play in.

Due to demand and people enjoying themselves, sometimes the park can get noisy after the nighttime deadline, however with security on site, all it takes is a quick phone call, and they walk around the site and quieten it down again.

I have 3 young children, and have never had a bad stay at this site. It is one of our favourites to stay in.

Previous     27 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in N Ireland   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzzwing Tilting and Folding 4 Bike Rack 5 pairs of Weekend Camping Tickets for the UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 18 - 21 August 2017
East Yorkshire - the world’s biggest tribute band music festival, discounted tickets too ...more