Visitor Reviews - The Woods Caravan Club Site

Diverswell Farm
Fishcross
Alloa
Stirlingshire   (Browse area)
FK10 3AN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m   1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  52 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Scot free 1 review from this member

Wow! What a fantastic site. Certainly one of the very best we have visited in many years. Friendly welcome, huge pitches and spotless high quality facilities. Sensational views make it such a pleasure to open the blinds in the morning! Also really well placed for visiting attractions and for walks. Restaurant was really good too and at sensible prices. Roads just been resurfaced and everything was looking spick and span. Absolutely recommended and we will be back soon.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Louise_D 5 reviews from this member

Our first stay at this site and it was much better than we expected having read the previous reviews. Both toilet blocks were of the same high standard - clean, warm and bright amongst the nicest we have been in. Plenty of room in the shower cubicles and excellent shower. New gravel has been spread on the pitches and the potholes are in the process of being filled in. Our electric point worked fine. Did not try the TV or wifi. The children's playground is small but looked fun and had a notice indicating it was a dog free area. The toilet blocks have dog tying up hooks at the entrance. The office has a small selection of essential food items eg teabags, tinned spaghetti etc.

We plan to spend longer in the area next time so will be back

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Caravandoll 3 reviews from this member

Well been here before but seems to have gone downhill. The roads are a mess with potholes everywhere and the gravel is like clay we have a dog and his paws were really sore. It was also frustrating that the warden's don't give any idea when the toilet is going to be cleaned. The one in the lower field was closed. Made things very awkward with us having young children. They don't tend to like to wait. The area is nice and there is a good chippie mentioned by a previous visitor. The WIFI is a joke and a rip off how can you charge all that for something that doesn't work. All in all disappointed needs a facelift and the roads sorted out.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Smart152 8 reviews from this member

Stunning 180 degree view. Best from lower field area. We arrived 1/11/14 for 2 weeks. We were advised that the lower toilet block would be closed on the 3rd. There was no other choice but to pitch on the lower field as most of the top field was occupied to bursting point with seasonally pitched, old, unloved caravans with ripped up awnings that were being used by workmen. These workmen left their 'loo of the year' toilet block in a right mess too with their work boots and other clobber. This is a tranquil site, if you ignore the workmen being picked up at 06:45 every morning including weekends, with every door being slammed on their livered work vans and cars and the full beams on constantly. Thus being repeated at about 6-7pm (ish). The ladies posh toilet consists of 4 toilets, 3 showers (with shower curtains that must be kept inside the shallow shower tray, or you will step out into a large lake of water upon your exit) & 3 sinks in cubicles. Same for the men's but with added 3 urinals. All really warm, in nice decor & with tv's on but radio 2 on the speakers. Cleaning seems to take place from about 10:30 & again at 14:00 until the cleaner is finished, which on one occasion, I waited over 2 hrs. The actual cleaning times are not noted anywhere. The disabled toilet is made available, but it has no lock on the door & you cannot save your modesty if anybody (male or female) barges in. Our 1st weekend the site filled up from 14 caravans on the lower field to near full capacity, but still only 1 posh toilet block open. I timed my walk from our caravan to the posh loo. It took 5 minutes! I walk average 3mph!. I wouldn't class myself as unfit either. If you're begging for a poo & don't use your onboard, BE WARNED. I emptied our on board loo, & there was a container at the chemical point stating 'no rinse hand sanitiser'. I thought what a lovely touch. It was empty the whole time. Another time I was at the chemical point, there was human faeces left on full display. I actually feel ill while typing this review. I have a good few years of caravanning under my belt now, but I still can't decide if the full frontal faeces makes me more discusted than motor homes using the drinking water drain to empty their toilet with a hose! Totally revolted. I used a different tap for the rest of the break.

Upon our arrival our electric box was not working. I went and told the wardens at the same time I advised our pitch number, the man was friendly and said OK I'll pop down later and have a look. I can only hope they looked at it when we left as it still wasn't working. The amps state 16, which could drop at peak times. We were the only ones on site at one point so decided to test it. We tripped out at 10 amps every time. In the cold November rain in Scotland, it's difficult to heat a caravan or awning & use any other electrical device. While walking our dogs, we noted a caravan on the top field using a full standing halogen heat lamp, while we struggled with heating and a hair dryer.

If you come here, there are lovely walks & you're close to local attractions, Glasgow/Perth/Stirling etc. I would totally recommend visiting The Lodge with art from Rob Mulholland. WONDERFUL. There is a fantastic fish & chip shop 5 min drive from the site called 'The Bridge' in Sauchie. It won best fish shop in UK 2013. I read other reviews about this site & thought they're being really picky, but alas. No, the reviews were spot on. We even considered leaving early, but other sites were full😯. Would we come to this site again ? NO, but them chips were real good.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: PATSY4 4 reviews from this member

This site is set in a beautiful location overlooking a fantastic mountain range. The plots are very well kept and a good size. The upper toilets are fantastic, however the lower block is the poorer relation and was always a bit dirty. The same dirt and cobwebs were there all week. Sadly when we were there it was also the yapping dog convention. This is a very nice site and I would recommend it. However the man in the office needs to brush up on his people skills, it was bordering rude.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: MALLYANDJEN 7 reviews from this member

The best campsite we have ever used!

I know it's a bold statement but when you use it you will know why I have said it, the setting is completely stunning with hills all around and the views you will wake up to are worth every little ounce of setting a tent up in the rain and thunder.

The site is easy to find and the people are friendly and helpful, there is a key fob controlled barrier for cars which aids security. We set up in the rain and needed some extra strong pegs as some parts of the site have a very firm surface, we were given some strong pegs for free which was very nice of the people there.

The facilities are also well kept, the toilets and free showers are immaculate with a TV and radio in the new modern building. The shop on site is also good selling the basics and there are shops only a few minutes drive away.

There is a restaurant just near the site but this is run separately to the campsite, this is well worth a visit and is very very nice for lunch and dinner.

There is a children's play area which is very modern.

Overall I can not rate this place high enough, please give it a try.

Previous     52 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Stirlingshire   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!