Visitor Reviews - The Woods Caravan Club Site

Diverswell Farm
Fishcross
Alloa
Stirlingshire   (Browse area)
FK10 3AN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m   1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  48 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Smart152 8 reviews from this member

Stunning 180 degree view. Best from lower field area. We arrived 1/11/14 for 2 weeks. We were advised that the lower toilet block would be closed on the 3rd. There was no other choice but to pitch on the lower field as most of the top field was occupied to bursting point with seasonally pitched, old, unloved caravans with ripped up awnings that were being used by workmen. These workmen left their 'loo of the year' toilet block in a right mess too with their work boots and other clobber. This is a tranquil site, if you ignore the workmen being picked up at 06:45 every morning including weekends, with every door being slammed on their livered work vans and cars and the full beams on constantly. Thus being repeated at about 6-7pm (ish). The ladies posh toilet consists of 4 toilets, 3 showers (with shower curtains that must be kept inside the shallow shower tray, or you will step out into a large lake of water upon your exit) & 3 sinks in cubicles. Same for the men's but with added 3 urinals. All really warm, in nice decor & with tv's on but radio 2 on the speakers. Cleaning seems to take place from about 10:30 & again at 14:00 until the cleaner is finished, which on one occasion, I waited over 2 hrs. The actual cleaning times are not noted anywhere. The disabled toilet is made available, but it has no lock on the door & you cannot save your modesty if anybody (male or female) barges in. Our 1st weekend the site filled up from 14 caravans on the lower field to near full capacity, but still only 1 posh toilet block open. I timed my walk from our caravan to the posh loo. It took 5 minutes! I walk average 3mph!. I wouldn't class myself as unfit either. If you're begging for a poo & don't use your onboard, BE WARNED. I emptied our on board loo, & there was a container at the chemical point stating 'no rinse hand sanitiser'. I thought what a lovely touch. It was empty the whole time. Another time I was at the chemical point, there was human faeces left on full display. I actually feel ill while typing this review. I have a good few years of caravanning under my belt now, but I still can't decide if the full frontal faeces makes me more discusted than motor homes using the drinking water drain to empty their toilet with a hose! Totally revolted. I used a different tap for the rest of the break.

Upon our arrival our electric box was not working. I went and told the wardens at the same time I advised our pitch number, the man was friendly and said OK I'll pop down later and have a look. I can only hope they looked at it when we left as it still wasn't working. The amps state 16, which could drop at peak times. We were the only ones on site at one point so decided to test it. We tripped out at 10 amps every time. In the cold November rain in Scotland, it's difficult to heat a caravan or awning & use any other electrical device. While walking our dogs, we noted a caravan on the top field using a full standing halogen heat lamp, while we struggled with heating and a hair dryer.

If you come here, there are lovely walks & you're close to local attractions, Glasgow/Perth/Stirling etc. I would totally recommend visiting The Lodge with art from Rob Mulholland. WONDERFUL. There is a fantastic fish & chip shop 5 min drive from the site called 'The Bridge' in Sauchie. It won best fish shop in UK 2013. I read other reviews about this site & thought they're being really picky, but alas. No, the reviews were spot on. We even considered leaving early, but other sites were full😯. Would we come to this site again ? NO, but them chips were real good.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: PATSY4 4 reviews from this member

This site is set in a beautiful location overlooking a fantastic mountain range. The plots are very well kept and a good size. The upper toilets are fantastic, however the lower block is the poorer relation and was always a bit dirty. The same dirt and cobwebs were there all week. Sadly when we were there it was also the yapping dog convention. This is a very nice site and I would recommend it. However the man in the office needs to brush up on his people skills, it was bordering rude.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: TheRibbiteers 7 reviews from this member

Well maintained large open site with spectacular views. We received a friendly and informative greeting. Pitches are large and level. It was the most expensive we stayed on but the facility blocks are extensive and immaculate in every way. Woodsman restaurant highly recommended and reasonably priced - you do need to book though as very popular. The aerial cable didn't work on our arrival but it was fixed by the following morning. Agree with previous reviews the wi-fi charges are a rip off.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Berrie7020 4 reviews from this member

Lovely well maintained site with beautiful views, there is an excellent restaurant on the site and the facilities are extremely clean and well equipped, the first site I have ever been on that had hot water in the toilet disposal point. The only negative is the advertised Wifi, they are quick to take your money and it is expensive but it just does not work, there is no access at all and if you complain to the Administrator as requested via. Email it is completely ignored, don't waste your money

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Missteree 25 reviews from this member

Not sure which site the last reviewer was staying at! This was our first visit to The Woods and all we can say is WOW!

The site is beautifully maintained and the grass looked manicured to say the least. Warm, friendly welcome from the site warden despite our late arrival and nice to be allowed to choose our own pitch.

Although the site appeared busy with lots of caravans and motorhomes it was very peaceful with great views as many other reviewers have mentioned.

The toilet facilities have to be seen to be believed - absolutely spotless despite the wet weather. Worthy winner of Loo of the Year and a credit to the cleaner!

The site is well placed for visiting Stirling and the Trossachs. Newly updated Battle of Bannockburn centre just a short drive away as is Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument.

We had dinner at The Woodsman restaurant (located at entrance to site) on Saturday night and would give it 10/10 also. Staff and service super and the food was delicious at a very reasonable cost. Probably best to book here in advance.

All in all we had a great weekend and would definitely recommend this site to anyone visiting central Scotland.

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Weeali 4 reviews from this member

Although site is fairly remote, the views are lovely and the walks nearby are excellent. Quite expensive for its remoteness and the laundry cost is the highest I've seen so far. Very disappointed that only one of the two toilets blocks were open and they don't appear to get cleaned daily. The showers were a disgrace all three flooded the entire shower area and weren't particularly clean. This was obviously not a recent problem and a little bit of heads up from the wardens would have helped. The motorhome waste disposal point, mentioned in a review in September, was still broken and yes, I agree a health and safety issue. Site is lovely and quiet and peaceful at this time of year which is what I like but my stay was spoilt by lack of decent shower facilities and their apparent lack lustre approach to repairs

Management response: Whilst we are very disappointed that this customer has reason to complain, once again we would have appreciated some notification during their stay and not some weeks after on a website notice board.

The shower block referred to does get cleaned every day, but it is an inevitable aspect of the facility that someone will not clean up after use and leaves the mess for the next user. On the 6th December of this year we were awarded the National prize in the Loo of the Year Competition for our category and you do not win that award with facilities that are a "disgrace".

With regards to the motorhome disposal point, we had replaced the cover for the third time this year in October and shortly after, another motorhome drove over the cover and broke it again. We have now replaced this cover with a heavy duty type which should be able to take the weight of any motorhome which decides to drive
onto it.

We do hope that this customer returns to our park and gives us an opportunity to show them that we do have excellent facilities and the wardens are not lack lustre in our approach to ongoing repairs.

Previous     48 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Stirlingshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar