Visitor Reviews - Llwyn Celyn Bach

Llwyn Celyn Bach
Capel Coch Road
Llanberis
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL55 4SR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01286 870923  or  07877 376423

1m  1m  1m  10m  1m  10m   5m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  45 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ratty 167 reviews from this member

Well as promised I came back for a two night stay. This site is just as good as it was last year and the only difference is it is now 7 per person per night and the showers are still 1. The dog was free, but as always, they had to kept on the lead as it is a working farm.

The showers and toilets were just as clean, and I had to use my own toilet roll, but this is not an issue, maybe I went before cleaning time. Shower is still 1 per shower.

There is not much to add to my review from last year and Llanberis still has a great range of restaurants, cafes, outdoor shops, drinking establishments, etc.

There is still direct access form the site up to Snowdon, via the footpath in the field from the Snowdon Ranger Path and the full walk going up the Llanberis path and back down the Snow Ranger path is about 12. 6 miles.

It does get very windy in the top field, so please ensure you bring plenty of pegs and make sure they are hammered in well.

It filled up on the Friday night, however it was not that noisy and no major parties happened.

I will be back to this site next time I walk Snowdon and urge anyone who wants the best location for camping in Llanberis to give it a try.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Indyxe 3 reviews from this member

Very Basic campsite with toilet showers and kitchen wash up facilities all ok but a feeling the builder left early as it all looks a bit unfinished.

I only stayed one night as a base for climbing Snowdon.

I was offered a pitch on a field or an area next to the toilet/shower block. The field looked a bit to sloping so I chose the latter, it had been very wet and the area was very boggy with parts that had been churned up by vehicles.

Cant complain at the price of 6 for myself for one night, it was a bit noisy with dogs barking and general farm noise. But was quiet through the night.

For one night it was Ok for a base for Snowdon, don't think I would want to be here any longer.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ratty 167 reviews from this member

This campsite is awesome in so many ways. I phoned a couple of days before to enquire about pitches and the owner said to just turn up and the cost will be 5 per person per night.

The directions on their website are spot on and I found the site without any issues. The owner wasn't about when I arrived however a farm worker told me to find any spot and explained where the facilities were.

The site is a working farm and is on the side of a mountain, so flat spots are limited but being in a campervan meant we had no issues leveling. Dogs must be on leads all the time due to sheep in the fields.

Due to it being on a mountain when the wind whips through, it certainly whips through, but there are sheltered pitches in the lower field and by the walls.

The facilities are more than adequate, there are showers and toilets, a washing up room, an information room with washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge, freezer and microwave. The showers are 1 for eight minutes which is more than enough time and they are clean and powerful enough. There was not toilet roll during our stay, but that was not a problem as we took our own. There is fresh water on site by the facilities block.

The site is a 10 minutes walk down the road to Llanberis where you will find a wide range of shops from outdoor specialists to a Spa for your general groceries. There are plenty of pubs, hotels, hostels to eat and drink in too. The walk back up the hill to the site is quite long, but manageable.

The location of the site is spot on if you like your walking, we walked directly from the site to the summit of Snowdon, we crossed a field using footpaths and then trekked up the Llanberis Path, from the summit we then walked back down the Snowdon Ranger path and straight back to the site. The next day we walked directly from the site up Moel Ellio and back down, with some stunning views too. We drove to Elidir Fawr one day for another great walk, and also Moel Siobod in Capel Curig. But there are more walks than you can mention in this area and direct from the site too.

In the general area you have all that North Wales has to offer from Bangor, Anglesey, Harlech, Caenarfon and so much more.

For 6 per person per night and dogs being welcome, I will definitely be back to the site the next time I want to walk the Snowdonia region. I also got full reception on the 3 and T-mobile networks

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: LGriffiths 3 reviews from this member

First off the scenery is stunning with a superb view of Mt Snowdon, the site is quite large with quite a number of fields to choose from, non of which have many level spots. My husband and I have a tent, but we like an electric hook up, as our ages are 68yrs and 64yrs, and we feel the cold more than we used to, so have an electric fan heater, they're aren't many hook up pitches but ours was fairly flat and close to the toilets but the grass was very long. I never had a shower the three days we were there, as on arriving our total bill was 6. 00 per person and on top of that we were charged 5. 00 per night for the hook up ! ( even on 5 star sights we have never paid that ) then to check out the showers and find 1. 00 for 7 mins ! If we had had one shower a day each the daily rate would have been 19. 00 per night! Which considering the site is fairly basic is daylight robbery, needless to say we WON'T camp there again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Essendy 8 reviews from this member

We decided to climb Snowdon at the end of a touring holiday in Wales and found this site to be perfectly located for that. It is a little out of Llanberis, but you can get onto the walk to the summit from the campsite, up the lane. The friendly owners gave us directions and there was no problem.

We were given a fairly level pitch with electric hook-up and with breath-taking views of the mountain. We had drinks and nibbles before dinner as we watched the sunset and then the full moon rise over Snowdon. There can't be many places to stay with such a fantastic vista!

The site facilities are adequate and the showers take a 1 coin, which provided enough time.

This is a working sheep farm as well as having lots of dogs, pigs and a cockerel that really earns his keep from sunrise, so ear-plugs may be required if you are camping.

Stunning views and ideal for Snowdon - with good weather there can be no better place to stay in the area!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bazbazbaz59 5 reviews from this member

A fantastic campsite for us. Situated at the foot of Snowdon, this working farm site has direct access to join the LLanberis mountain path. The views are amazing with Padarn Park across the lake and the wonderful mountain ranges of Snowdonia all around.

The site itself is great with lovely friendly owners who are always willing to help. The toilet\shower block is adequate and you are allowed to have campfires. All in all a great site.

Previous     45 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Coming Soon!

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 100 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Get an Email