Visitor Reviews - Dingwall Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Dingwall Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Jubilee Park Road
Dingwall
Highlands   (Browse area)
IV15 9QZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m

Open: 01 Apr 2015 - 26 Oct 2015

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mikey951r 10 reviews from this member

I stayed here for one night with a bicycle and small touring tent whilst cycling from Lands End to John O Groats. This site is located on the outskirts of the town near the football field and I found it very quiet. The wardens were extremely friendly and accommodating and I was given a flat grassed pitch with a picnic bench to share with another small tent. The showers and toilets were very modern and extremely well kept. The town is a short walk away and has a whole host of shops including some takeaways. I had a very nice Chinese. The only occasional noise is the odd train arriving or departing from the station nearby. At £8 for the night this was very good value for the quality of facilities and very bicycle friendly.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stuart l 62 reviews from this member

We spent four nights here attending a family event before moving on to Rosemarkie. Frankly wish we had continued at Dingwall!

The site is compact and sited opposite Ross County Football Ground. AS the playing season had long finished this was not a problem. It is also within walking distance of Dingwall town centre with its shops and large Tesco store. It is also close to Dingwall railway station - indeed the railway line runs along one side of the site, but this is not a problem - 2 car diesel units are pretty quiet and there are only around a dozen a day each way. Indeed this could be a useful way to go to Inverness if you didn't want to use the car. It is very easy to access roads to Inverness, Ullapool, Beauly, Invergordon and the Black Isle, so this site makes an excellent touring base.

The site manager was a cheery guy who was very helpful, whilst his assistant managers were also helpful.

Pitches are a mix of hard stand and grass - we had the latter, but again this was not a problem as the ground appeared to be well drained. The 6 metre rule ensures that you have privacy. The facility block is a little aged, whilst the wash-up sinks are under a separate canopy. However I understand that this site is due for some major upgrade works over the 'close' season from November this year.

Dingwall does not really have any good restaurants, but we went to the Conon Bridge Hotel - just two miles away - one night and had an excellent meal. The bright lights of Inverness are little more than half an hour away.

Having by-passed this site many times, we shall now make it our main base for visiting the Far North. At a little over £16 a night it is well priced.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Tazsmum 14 reviews from this member

Stayed one night on the way south. Grass pitches and some soggy areas after heavy rain. Very helpful warden, facilities fine, although dishwashing outside! Easy walk into town, but still had difficulty finding food on a Monday night! Pizza sufficed! Railway is right next door, but wasn't noisy, but you might not want to arrive just before or after a home match fo Ross County!

Most expensive site in 3 weeks, partly because we are not members of the right club!

Good dog walking just off site.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Grahamfin 4 reviews from this member

I camped here twice whilst cycle touring. The staff were friendly and helpful, and on both occasions allocated me a pitch near the middle of the site, sheltered from the wind by a hedge, and just about 30 meters from the toilet block. I found the facilities to be good, though I understand they are due for refurbishment. The site is between the local football ground and the railway, neither of which bothered me, but it may be different if there is a home game! It is just a short walk into Dingwall town, where there are several pubs / restaurants and supermarkets, as well as other shops.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tracybat 1 review from this member

This site is great, nice and quiet, clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful, they helped me put up my tent because I was a lone female.

It's a fantastic base for exploring the highlands, there's a tesco and lidl in the town along with takeaways and other high street shops.

It's a 5 minute walk to the train station (which runs past the site but didn't bother me at all) it. Took me 15 minutes to walk to tesco or it's a 5 minute drive, there's a train to Kyle of Lochalsh that leaves Dingwall station it cost me £24. 70 return well worth the trip regarding the scenery but was disappointed once at Kyle of Lochalsh. Maybe next time take a bus trip over to Skye.

I'll be going again in a couple of weeks for the weekend with my husband in our new tent

Not sure if the staff here see this review but thanks guys for your help and kindness xx

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Headgardener 13 reviews from this member

This was our third stay at this site because it is very handy for visiting Inverness and for travelling North to Wick or going West to Poolewe. It also gives us the option of returning home to Stirling either via the A82 or the A9.

I do not know what the toilets/showers are like because we always us our own facilities.

The pitches are well spaced out and there is a good mix of hard standings and grass with plenty of water taps and bins. TV reception is not the best and you might need your own aerial as the new built in one on our caravan (2014 Elddis) is not much good in poor signal areas.

There is a railway line near the park but it has never bothered us nor has Ross County Football Park which you have to pass on the entrance road.

Dingwall has a Tesco with fuel and a Lidl, one of the best hardware stores I have seen, butchers, bakers, banks and a very posh gents outfitters together with pubs etc. If there are not enough shops here for you there are plenty in Inverness 11 miles South.

On our last visit there were new wardens who were friendly and I understand they will be back next year.

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!