Visitor Reviews - Inverewe Gardens Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Inverewe Gardens Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Poolewe
Achnasheen
Highlands   (Browse area)
IV22 2LF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m   1m

Open: 31 Mar - 30 Oct

Reviews:  45 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Explore with Dora 12 reviews from this member

This is a superb site in a superb location. The staff are really friendly and the check in was quick. Many of the pitches have good views down Loch Ewe. The grounds are really well maintained with some really attractive flower beds. Inverewe Gardens are an easy stroll down the road as is the local shop and pub.

Some reviews comment on the high price BUT this is for non members of the camping and caravanning club and as this is a club site it represents very good value for members. The toilet block is well maintained and clean and adequate. Showers are split between the main block and a couple more adjoining the laundry room. The EHU's are well maintained and are well located close to pitches. I would certainly use this site again.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Marham2 2 reviews from this member

This site is magnificently situated at the head of Loch Ewe and only the road separates it from the shore. It is beautifully decorated with great planting (managed by Polewe Gardens so no surprise there)The result is I have never stayed on a better looking site. The pitches are both grass and hard standing and relatively flat. I note previous reviewers complained about the sanitary facilities but I had no problem. The showers are Miro and perhaps they did not know how they functioned as the was no shortage of hot water and a good flow. The village with a very good general store is about 400m away and you can get a reasonable meal in the hotel. There are some areas for dog walking nearby. The reception was most welcoming.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Tedthebudgie 26 reviews from this member

The site is pleasantly situated but you do overlook a road to the loch beyond. On the night that we were there, a school bus was parked on the main road all night which effectively blocked the view for a number of vans. It is quite a snug site; don't expect a pitch in the dunes without another van in view as you can have at some sites on the west coast! As with most C&CC sites, the wc/showers etc are clean but dated; not a patch on CC sites and a lot of other sites.

Staff helpful and friendly. However, I did pity the Austrian guy in front of me at the reception who was getting short shrift because, although his English was really good, he couldn't quite get the difference between a credit card and a debit card and simply wanted to pay with plastic. This seemed to be creating a lot more hassle than necessary and I wouldn't have been happy if I'd been on the receiving end of something similar in the Alps!

We are no longer members of the C&CC having ditched them a few years back because, unlike the CC (C&MC now!) they do not allow one night bookings and on some sites demand that you book for five nights at peak times. Absolutely useless for touring. So, I knew that there might be a premium on price but 29. 50 for a small pitch on grass. Eye watering! By far the most expensive site by about 20% on a two week tour of the west coast. There are better sites a few miles down the road at Gairloch.

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wheresmebus 4 reviews from this member

We stayed here for three nights, using the site to visit the Gardens, Aultbea, and for a day off site with the van to Ullapool. This was actually our first stay at a C&CC site, they like to be known as 'the friendly club' - we certainly can't argue about that, we had a lovely welcome and were shown to a selection of pitches for us to choose from. We had a fantastic view down the Loch, and there are obviously spectacular sunsets to be experienced in the right conditions. The village is Poolewe, a short walk away, with pub, a shop that stocks everything and anything, and a nice little cafe. The magnificent gardens at Inverewe are just short walk up the road. However, the site showers/loos are very dated and particularly the showers in the gents are either scalding or tepid and this seemed to have been a problem for some time. There are two additional showers in the laundry room, but one of these was out of order during our visit. The site fees per night were quite expensive (at least for non-members), almost twice what we had paid at our previous stop. It's a nice place, but has made us rush to join the club - probably not.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: GMST 7 reviews from this member

Beautiful site, perfectly located at end of Loch Ewe. We were really impressed on arrival with the beautifully manicured site. We had a lovely pitch with a clear view to the loch.

The welcome was very friendly.

We were planning to stay more than one night till we had our morning shower. The enforced Eco setting ensured the water was barely luke warm. The facilities were clean and smelt lovely.

Hopefully next year the showers will be warm enough to make the morning ablution pleasant. Will call to check before we book.

Satellite tv poor, wifi is limited but available at site office.

Nice dog walks nearby.

Local store was closed on our day of arrival. Sadly the village cafe was closed for the season. So can't comment.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: NEJane 21 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site, for three nights, a couple of weeks ago. Have to say the location is lovely and, because I chose a non hook up pitch, I was close to the loch without any outfit barring my view. My intention was to visit Inverewe Gardens which are in easy cycling/walking distance. I was not disappointed although the weather could have been better. Site facilities are slightly dated but still fully functional. One advantage, regarding showers, was not having the dreaded push-button operation with fixed temperature - I hate that set up as the water is always too hot for me, give me a good-old fashioned temperature control knob any day. My only gripe; having been a carer for my late husband, who was totally wheelchair dependent, it really annoys me when I know the disabled cubicle is unlocked (as it is on this site). So frustrating when it takes half an hour or more to prepare a special needs person to get along to have a shower, only to find a fully independent person, using it. Supposed to be discrimination against the disabled, by providing keys. Eh? Sorry, special needs is special needs - the clue is in the description. Rant over! I have to say the flower display around the facilities was beautiful! Well done site managers! For a good cycle ride, I would recommend a trip to Cove, along a single track road with beautiful scenery. Don't choose a Wednesday though, if you want to indulge yourself in the lovely coffee shop at the end of that road, that being Bridge Cottage Cafe and Gallery, as it is closed on that day.

Previous     45 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a HandiRack and HandiHoldall Combo Pack Win an OLPRO Abberley XL 4 Berth Tent

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more