Visitor Reviews - Abbotts Farm Naturist Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Abbotts Farm Naturist Site
Mill Road
North Tuddenham
Dereham
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR20 3DD   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  1m  1m  1m

Pitches: 10 - Naturist Site

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  32 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6
This is a Naturist site, please contact them further details.

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Johnhenry 1 review from this member

I have just bought a caravan on this site after having visited in 2015 before and enjoyed my time here completely' I dropped in and saw Ron the owner and he greeted me with open arms. I told him why I missed 2016 for personal reasons and had really missed the friendship of the owner and all the people on the site. The ducks were still there and I asked ron for some help and straight away he said yes immediately. I have had holidays and worked abroad but the place I missed most was here. I met some new people and they made me feel welcome and I left having new friends. If you want to moan do it somewhere else and not here. You get what you pay for, come and enjoy your selves. Just hope the weather is good and we can have a nice time. Thanks to Ron and his lovely staff. John Henry

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: AVON EAGLE 11 reviews from this member

I was not too impressed with Abbots Farm. There were ducks roaming round free all the time - Very cute but they would wander into your awning and crap on the carpet. You could easily walk it into the caravan as well - from the field. The shower and toilets are awful - one guy even left the door open whilst sat on the loo. Most of the guys there are very nice and we did have a laugh with them but expect to see some gay activities going on.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andyndee2015 1 review from this member

We love Abbotts farm we used it once last year in a tent and this year we brought a brand new tent for our long weekends stay. We then went out and brought a caravan so we can visit most weekends, we just had the best week there the weather was very good and all the people there are a warm and friendly bunch.

Abbotts farm is a place where you make your own entertainment yes there is a swimming pool under the poly tunnel but that's it if your looking for a chill out holiday then Abbotts is the place to be, its adults only.

We now think of it as our second home if we didn't work we would be there all the time. Andy n Dee

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Andreo 11 reviews from this member

This was my second stay at Abbot's Farm so I knew what to expect. It is a lovely pleasant site in the middle of the Norfolk countryside. It is also very quiet apart from sounds you would expect on a farm - a couple of bellowing bulls, and some ducks that quack loudly and will approach campers. I had a tent and camped in the main field. All of the other units were caravans and one or two of the owners were very friendly, one inviting me round for a coffee both mornings I was there.

The toilet and shower facilities are in portakabins and these were clean with plenty of hot water.

I didn't use the poly tunnel or pool but the pool looked clean. The poly tunnel will come into its own during inclement weather and fortunately the weather was mainly dry and sunny while I was there.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jonnbaz 1 review from this member

This was our first time visiting Abbots Farm. And we were very happy with our choice. After a long drive to get there it was quite easy to find drive though north tuddenham over the bridge and the camp site is on your right up a long cement drive way. We almost drove past it so keep your eyes open for it. Could possibly do with a bigger sign. The entrance to the site is lovely with a duck pond and lots of ducks and ducklings waddling around level spacious pitches all very well kept. There is even a pool in a poly tunnel which was just starting to warm up so by the end of the summer it will be a nice place to spend a couple of hours having a drink and a chat with the other campers. The shower and toilet blocks are basic but clean and functional with a never ending supply of hot water and they are free so no need to carry change with you when you go (don't know where you would put it as this is a naturist site ). The managers are very friendly and helpful and can't do enough to help. We can't wait to go back in July.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Goateenw 1 review from this member

My partner and I stayed here for the first time in August this year following a recommendation from a close friend. It was a little tricky to find but the sat nav eventually brought us to the entrance, which is down a long driveway off the main road. The site is entered through a closed gate which keeps the main site quite private. The actual caravan site is in an area behind the farm house and is extremely secluded from the main road. As a result you can walk around this whole site completely naked and nobody raises an eyebrow.

We were shown an area to park our van and were asked if we required electric hook up. The hook up points are located at various posts around the site. The only thing to be aware of is that the electric hook ups are not the same rating as you will find on a Caravan Club site. As a result we found that we had to use our low wattage kettle and just be more mindful of what we had running at the same time. Our hook up cable was also stretched to its limit but that wasn't a big issue. There are hook up cables running in different directions to try and ensure that everyone who wants electricity gets it. Visitors to this site need to be mindful of this. The guys who run the site will do their utmost to try and get you hooked up to electricity even it means 'sharing' a hook up point with a fellow caravanner using a splitter. We were asked if we would mind doing this on one night which was not a problem.

The toilets and shower facilities are based within two portakabin style units. There are two shower heads and they are more than adequate for providing a decent hot shower. No shortage of hot water at all. The toilet block and shower block are cleaned daily. Visitors to this site need to be mindful that this is not a Caravan Club style site so if you are expecting the same facilities and standards that you get there then you will be disappointed. However, if you just want a decent hot shower then it is more than adequate.

There is a chemical waste point which is basically a metal lid which drops down to the main sewage point from the farm house. However it is entirely adequate and there is a cold water tap next to it to allow you to rinse out your chemical waste box. The waste water from your waste hog can also be emptied down this point. There is a cold water tap with hose to allow you to fill up your Aquaroll along with a sink unit to wash your dishes if required.

There is a poly tunnel with large raised pool in here. Not big enough to actually swim in but comfortable for a dip on the hot days which we used twice.

There are no rubbish facilities on site so you are expected to take your rubbish away with you which isn't a big deal.

All in all we had a great four days there. We met a few new friends, had quite a bit of fun and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Would we go back again? Most definitely.

We were made very welcome by everyone we came into contact with. It is a very relaxing site and a great place to chill out for a break. The ducks are quite funny and will gladly drop into your awning on the scrounge for food.

As said before this is not a Caravan Club style site, it is a working farm whose owners have developed an additional facility by creating this site, which can be used by caravans, motor homes or tents.

Just be mindful of the electric hook up facility. One piece of advice I would give is if you can borrow a second hook up cable before you arrive to allow you a longer than usual cable by joining them together it may just help if you get a pitch which is a distance from the hook up points.

We look forward to going back again next year and hopefully spending slightly longer at this unique style site.

SAS & AP

Previous     32 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Inflatable HandiRack Roof Rack and Waterproof HandiHoldall Win a Superb Outwell Picnic Package

UKCS Meet Truckfest Original15 - 16 July 2017
Newark & Notts Showground - exciting family entertainment with weekend camping ...more