Visitor Reviews - Cardigan Bay Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Llwynhelyg
Cross Inn
Llandysul
Ceredigion   (Browse area)
SA44 6LW   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m

Open: 01 Apr 2014 - 03 Nov 2014

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  34 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Reviewer: TeamBavers 3 reviews from this member

This is a beautifully maintained site about 3 miles from New Quay.

Lovely and peaceful, and over a Bank Holiday weekend was not overly busy. Another plus point, the sites nearer the sea were crammed tight! The toilets were always clean and tidy and showers hot.

We visited The Crown, just down the road one night, the food was good and the staff friendly.

The downside is that there was not much for us to do in the area surrounding the campsite, we ended up driving miles to attractions. I would come back again for a long weekend, but not for a week.

Reviewer: DaveP65 9 reviews from this member

Visited for 10 days in July. Found it to be a very neat and tidy camp. Shop sold basics - milk, eggs etc. Very well placed for New Quay, 3 miles, where if you are lucky you can see bottle nose dolphins in the bay. Toilets clean and tidy but as with a lot of C&CC sites are in need of refurbishment. Push button showers a bit of a pain but you get used to them. There seemed to be a predominance of caravans but hey, you can't have everything. Some pitches slightly sloping but didn't cause any real problems. Will certainly visit again.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Longstack 3 reviews from this member

We have visited this site twice this year and we will be back again. The site is very well kept with Spotless toilets and very friendly staff. If you are into hiking this is the place to stay. There is a great footpath that runs at the back of the campsite through a beautiful valley to the sea at Cwmtydu. There are footpaths every where in this Area so if you are a walker get here. The bus also passes about 15min walk from the campsite so you can catch the Bus to Newquay or out to different places to walk the Ceredigain Coast path.

We will be Back again soon.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mr_jibbles 5 reviews from this member

Excellent location! We really enjoyed exploring this stunning area. Fantastic beaches! Visited Castell Henllys & the Welsh Wildlife Centre on rainy days, both very good.

Site easy to find, only a short stretch of narrow road on final approach to the site. Very well maintained site, great views from many of the pitches.

It was very windy while we were there, so remember plenty of pegs and storm straps! Needed our blocks as the field we were in was sloping. The views were definitely worth the flapping awning!

Small play area which our children loved.

Having read previous reviews we were disappointed by the toilet/shower block. Don't mind older facilities but these are in need of some TLC (simple things like checking toilet door locks work, replacing broken hooks-silly little things I know but attention to detail makes the difference between ok and great). Could have been cleaner too. Closed from 11 - 12. 30 daily so would expect them to be spotless. Wardens were professional on arrival but not the usual friendliness we have enjoyed throughout our stays at other 'friendly club' sites.

We did have a great week staying in this beautiful area, just think that with a little TLC the facilities block could match the care taken over the rest of the grounds.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Cuban-night 6 reviews from this member

One of the worst caravan and camping club sites that I have stayed on and I would not recommend unless you are used to visiting basic sites in the middle of nowhere however it's not all bad.

POSITIVES

* Nice clean site most pitches are level or on a slight slope. I didn't see any that were on huge slopes which was a concern after reading 'most pitches are sloping' in the caravan club book.

* Bathrooms kept clean and warm, spacious showers.

* Good children's play area although not suitable for older children ( my son is 10 and it wasn't suitable for him)

* staff helpful

* we requested a pitch close to the bathrooms due to taking my mother in law and we did get that which was fantastic.

NEGATIVES

* LOCAL AREA - the campsite is in the middle of nowhere and cardigan bay name is very misleading as its not close by. I was also led to believe by descriptions that it was close to beaches or at least a coastal path do not be fooled by this. Every thing local unless your an active walker will need you to get in your vehicle to access. My husband and son took bikes as they usually disappear for a couple of hours to find things but failed to find anything and were back within an hour. We usually like to be near something so we don't have to take the camper out everyday but we had to drive everywhere and I found nothing local that I can say was worth a 2nd visit. We went to New quay which is not dog friendly so moved on and did not stay. We also visited aberystwyth which was a very run down seaside resort which again not dog friendly as dogs not allowed on the beach. Only thing I would recommend was fish and chips opposite the pier they were delicious.

* THE CAMPSITE - poor organisation on arrival no real information given when checking in as to where bins, facilities etc are.

* shop is only open for a few hours a day so if you have a late start due to getting held up in showers and need something for breakfast you may miss out.

* people were constantly cutting through our pitch to get to the bathrooms even when we were packing away they were walking over our ground sheets that were drying in the sun on our pitch.

* pitch (hardstanding) was smaller than others we had stayed on and did not quite fit our van and awning on.

* bathrooms very dated but this was not an issue for me. My main issue was the showers as there are not enough for a site of this size. I normally shower in the evening to avoid the rush in the morning but it didn't seem to matter what time I went I was always having to wait in line for a shower to come free. On the last day as I woke up before 7 I decided to take my chance and shower before the rest of the family awoke to find that I still had to q for 15 mins.

* This is the first campsite that I have been on where the bins are not placed around the site so getting rid of rubbish was a pain as it was over the opposite side to us. If you want rubbish to be disposed of correctly give us bins.

* not enough dog waste bins around the site I only saw 1 by the entrance. When will campsites realise that dogs won't wait until they are on a designated area to do their business so why not have a few dotted around the site.

I have tried to give as much information as possible but we really were disappointed as expected better from a caravan and camping club site. It was a nice site with good views but its not for us and we won't be returning.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Paulmold 21 reviews from this member

A very clean well maintained site, well up to usual C&CC standards. Toilet block very clean but has automatic lighting which unless there is constant traffic, switches off while you are in a cubicle.

Very welcoming site managers. After the heavy rains of the previous couple of months, grass pitches were mostly unused so we had a very level hard-standing. Most appeared to be level so can't really understand the 'most pitches are sloping so chocks will be required' comment in the sites book.

Surprisingly quiet when we were there, no children to be seen and even at the weekend only 2 or 3 new units arrived, site appeared to be only a quarter full.

Quite a distance from Cardigan itself, nearest town being NewQuay where we spent a pleasant afternoon dolphin watching in the bay. Boat trips will take you out to see dolphins and seals.

Pub at end of lane in village appeared to have extensive menu at reasonable prices although we didn't try it ourselves. Very good local village store

Previous     34 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ceredigion   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!