Visitor Reviews - Lydford Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Lydford Caravan And Camping Park
Lydford
Okehampton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX20 4BE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01822 820497

1m  1m 5m  10m  10m  5m   5m  1m  1m

Open: 15/03 To 04/11

Reviews:  55 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win 100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Woodlander 11 reviews from this member

We arrived to a very nice welcome from very friendly helpful staff. We were offered several pitches to chose from and felt very lucky to set up on our eventual choice with superb views over the Dartmoor tors. The site is immaculate, some pitches are small but if you are a motor home not requiring space for a fixed awning it is fine. I have to agree with a previous reviewer that the shower block can be a bit nippy and I found the shower temperature erratic but I couldn't fault the cleanliness. We enjoyed walking Lydford Gorge and visiting Morwellham Quay and general walking on Dartmoor. Have to reiterate how nice the staff are.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lucysmum 38 reviews from this member

Really lovely staff and nice views from the campsite. Good size dog walk on site and a field quite close by where you are allowed to run dogs off lead - which my whippet really enjoyed.

The walk down to the Gorge (NT) was v. Pretty, as was the gorge itself. It was v wet underfoot (cos it was raining) and as I'm not as agile as I used to be, we decided against the 5m circular walk. But we really enjoyed the bit we did and the cafe was up to NT standards.

The castle in the village was interesting, as was the church. We got chatting to a lady cleaning in there and we learnt an awful lot about the place. A lovely area.

The site itself is fine, just not up to CC standards - no reflection on the staff as I suspect it needs a bit of capital investment. And I was chilly in the facilities block.

A first for us, the less than quiet male couple in the caravan next door told us off for playing Radio 2 at 7. 30pm! But shouting to each other about gas bottles etc is presumably okay.

Wish we'd had more time to explore the local area and that the weather had been kinder to us.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chris Turnbull 1 review from this member

Beautiful setting, very helpful and friendly staff. Camping area excellent quality grass, well laid out with benches and hedge. Toilet and shower block always clean and functioning well. Free wifi. Great pub for meals a short walk away.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lisaperkins 1 review from this member

We arrived a little later than the last check in but the owners were very welcoming. The site was beautifully situated with amazing views of the moors. Very close to the village which was very picturesque and full of history. Will definitely return.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mikro 19 reviews from this member

Lovely situation for Lydford Gorge and Dartmoor. Owners very helpful with local advice, maps etc. Good pitches with hard standing, excellent facilities, it did snow the morning we left but that didn't spoil our time there. We'll go again!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Davidandrews 7 reviews from this member

I'm not usually renowned for visiting club sites due to their pricing, I find them very overrated for what they are. Lydford did surprise me. This site is fairly relaxed with rules about which way you park. Some days I like to be nose in some days my other end in. Able to choose my own pitch and parked how I like. Never use camp showers but these were so clean and well presented that I did. Good motorhome service point. Friendly wardens. Good laundry room and fair reception for wifi. A very well run site although the caravan club still have some very snobby members! 2 adults, 2 nights about 46. Walking distance to gorge and pub.

Previous     55 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth 225! Win a Coolbox Cool n Store Package worth over 235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July