Visitor Reviews - Salisbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Salisbury Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Hudsons Field
Castle Road
Salisbury
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SP1 3SA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01722 320713

1m

Open: 26 Mar 2015 - 02 Nov 2015

Reviews:  70 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Arnoldbongo 3 reviews from this member

Lovely campsite, with friendly helpful staff. Nice traditional dog friendly pubs with 20 min walk plus Salisbury cathedral and old sarum. Also visited stonehenge during our stay. Would recommend, no faults at all. Even a pizza van and chippy van comes on site on evenings. Staff gave us a list of dog friendly pubs to eat. And lots of info about days out.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Jaxpix50 8 reviews from this member

This site is superbly situated for walking, cycling and bus travel, so excellent for people with motor homes and campervans. The facilities were always immaculate and I never had to queue despite it being the height of the season and the site virtually full one night. The staff were really friendly and helpful even when the site was very busy.

The site was used by many Europeans and we really enjoyed chatting to people from wide and far and seeing there tents and equipment so different to ours sometimes.

There is a bustop outside the site which takes you straight into Salisbury or alternatively there is a cycle path/footpath along the river which you can use. The staff have details of how to reach it.

Salisbury is a beautiful city with a superb 'specialty' market. The cathedral is stunningly beautiful. Entrance to the cathedral is by donation and the suggestion for us ( seniors) was 6. 50 each. It was worth every penny with a conducted tour thrown in. There is a bus from Salisbury to Stonehenge.

Next to the campsite is Hudsons Field, just an open field for public use. It's excellent for kite flying ( which we did). Old Sarum overlooks the site and worth a visit.

We loved every minute of our visit here.

Reviewer: Cake Man 16 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 6 nights, Cant complain at all, the wardens are very friendly the fellow campers were also friendly.

The 2 toilet blocks are clean and I never had to wait to shower

A very big field which is great for dog walks

Easy access to the city (20 min walk) a small shop on site which stocks most essentials and a chip/pizza van on site did not use but seemed popular.

We had a pitch on the far side of the field by the rugby club, and had great views and space for the things we wanted to do. Would we use again yes we would.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Phoebesgran 3 reviews from this member

This was my second visit to the site. I was there last year for my first solo camping trip and went back this year with my daughter and 8 year old granddaughter.

On both visits the site was fairly busy but not full and didn't feel at all crowded.

I chose to have the same pitch on both occasions. It's at the top of the hill on the left hand side where the hedge and adjacent rugby club building give a bit of shelter. There is a little noise from the club but nothing that has caused me a problem (and I'm the sort who moans about noise!). The views from this pitch are lovely and it's not too far from the shower block.

On the most recent visit we experienced an incredibly wet day, a months rain fell on that single day, but the pitch drained well and I was amazed at how dry the groundsheets were when we packed up the following day.

The wardens at this site are friendly and helpful. They seem very committed to helping visitors feel comfortable. On the occasion when I was there alone the warden called by every evening to check that I was ok, which I really appreciated.

Previous reviews have covered the location so I won't go into detail but I really like being able to walk into the city and the easy access to routes around the area. It can take a while to get across the city by car, as the traffic is busy, but no worse than most towns.

The shower/ toilet facilities on site are spotlessly clean and plentiful. The reception / shop is clean and organised and stocks essentials.

In addition to the fish and chip van a pizza stall now visits, I think that was on Thursday, and there also seemed to be a breakfast van. I didn't look to see what they were offering but could smell bacon and see people drinking coffee.

On one evening we visited Stonehenge. It's only half an hour drive and I can recommend going late afternoon. We had tickets for 5. 30 pm when it was fairly quiet but fully open. On our only full day at the site the weather was so awful we had to abandon the plan to go to the New Forest and find something to do indoors. We drove to Dorchester, about an hours drive, and bought a combined ticket to the Tutenkhamun Exhibition, the Teddy Bear Museum, The Dinosaur Museum and the Terracotta Warriors exhibition. They were all quite small places so it was possible to see them all in an afternoon but very well presented. We had lunch in Wetherspoons which was excellent value.

A lovely site in a fabulous area. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewer: Eatcustard 1 review from this member

Cont complain at all, the wardens are very friendly the fellow campers were also friendly.

The 2 toilet blocks are clean

Great for dog walks

Easy access to the city (20 min walk) or a short drive to the coast if needed.

The only moan if any is the slope is bigger then expected, but a decent ramp and chock will sort that out.

Reviewer: Acornis 14 reviews from this member

A regular stop off site for us when we trip down to Devon or Cornwall. Just a couple of nights this time. Its still a well run clean and tidy site, with good facilities. All new staff this time by the look of things. A walk into Salisbury via the river walk, first time for as long as I can remember the Cathedral was scaffold free. Complete with the obligatory visit to Heale house gardens and nursery.

Previous     70 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!