Visitor Reviews - Deers Glade Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Deers Glade Caravan & Camping Park
Whitepost Road
Hanworth
Cromer
Norwich
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR11 7HN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  10m  5m  5m   10m  5m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Glamping

Reviews:  262 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Rich March 2 reviews from this member

I will start this review with a simple word, WOW!.

We stayed at the site over the October Half term, incorporating Halloween as well.

You drive through a small wood on the entrance drive and enter into a large woodland clearing. The site was immaculatly presented which given the time of year and amount of woodland nearby is quite an effort I would imagine.

Booked in at reception with some very helpful and friendly staff members who gave us directions to our pitch. The site is very well laid out. A central clearing with the play area, animals and covered seating area. There are little areas off the main circular road. A lot of hardstanding pitches which looked good and then some grass pitches. We had a tent, the only on site, so were on a grass pitch. Our tent is 7metres by 4 metres and we had plenty of room on our pitch (79) for that and two cars. It was surrounded by some 3ft high hedging which gave privacy and shelter from the elements. A member of staff popped over to make sure we were ok pitching etc.

The amenities were second to none. Exceptionally clean and well appointed toilets and showers. The showers ran as long and as hot as you liked, none of those annoying push buttons and they had huge shower heads too. Given the weather, puddles on the site etc, the toilets were kept spotless even with all the dirty outdoor shoes being traipsed through. The family shower room was a little tight for space.

A short walk from the site took you to the Gunston Hall estate and its deer park. The kids loved that.

The site itself is situated perfectly for all the attractions the area has to offer. Cromer and the North Norfolk Coast especially.

We attended the Gunton Arms, Thorpe Market. An amazing restaurant but make sure you pre book. I booked well in advance but someone was trying to get a table on the night, a Tuesday, and couldn't get a table. Its only 4 miles away by road. Got a taxi back and a very apologetic taxi driver charged £11 for the journey. Obviously never got a cab in Essex as £11 was a steal.

Halloween was incredible on the site and the kids loved it. It started during the day with a pumpkin competition run by the site along with some other fund raising competitions and then in the evening the site came alive with other campers going to so much effort for Trick or treating etc.

This then followed a Charity bonfire and Firework display laid on by the site owners. It was really really good.

We had a thoroughly lovely stay and may well be spending longer in the summer of 2016.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Himynameisemma 1 review from this member

This was our second visit to Deers Glade this year and I'm sure there will be many more in the future, there are so many good points that we love about this site that it's hard to list them all but I'll try my best.

To start with the whole site is kept very neat and clean, the toilet, shower and pot washing facilities are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day and even though our second visit was during the summer holidays the standard didn't slip. I particularly found the disabled / parent and child room helpful so I could take my baby with me when using the facilities and not have to leave him outside the cubicle. The shop stocked all the basic necessities at a reasonable price. And the children's play area was great.

The owners were always very friendly and helpful and gave us a choice to where we should pitch our tent. One of the main reasons we originally chose this site was because they allow raised fire pits which you can hire from them if you don't have your own and they sell big bags of wood for £5.

The whole site of very sheltered and surrounded by trees and the skies are beautiful on a clear night.

One very small improvement it would be nice to maybe see is for a reduced rate for campers to use their fishing lake as I think it would encourage more people to use it. Also a some laundry facilities would be good as we were a bit unlucky with the weather and could have done with somewhere to dry out clothes.

The location of the site is great if you are visiting Cromer being just 5-10 mins drive away and Sheringham about 15 mins. If you are visiting during the summer the look out for the Saw mills open days which is just down the road from the site, it's very interesting to see the wonderful restoration that has been carried out on it and the volunteers do a wonderful job and just a few pounds to visit.

Overall we can hardly fault this campsite having visited it in low and high season and if the prices stay as reasonable it will continue to be brilliant value for money. My only worry is that if too many people hear about how good it is then we'll struggling to get booked in next time we want to stay there!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scruffyant 1 review from this member

Arrival was pleasant, a well manicured site and a friendly welcome. Check in was very efficient and we were shown to our pitch within 10 minutes of parking outside of the camp reception.

Our pitch number was 88 I think. Great pitch as it has a line of small trees on one side and apart from the entrance, the rest was surrounded by a substantial hedge. Very sheltered and private. Our pitch was as far as you can get from the hook up so we were offered the free loan of a long hook up cable, which the guy went and collected for us while we unloaded the car.

It was just the two of us and our small dog, so we had a two man adventure style dome tent, a gazebo, windbreak and I'd taken the garden guinea pig pen to use as a barrier to keep our dog in so our pooch didn't have to be tied up all of the time. All the above plus the car only half filled our pitch and even when our nice came over with her pop up tent for a couple of nights, there was still plenty of room with a second car and and extra tent.

Essentials are available in the shop, but realistically everything else is a drive away. There are shops/pubs/garage not too far away, but if you just wanted to hang up your car keys for a while you'd end up doing more than your fair share of walking.

The shower blocks are modern and very clean, great showers although our block only had 2 showers each in the mens and the girls sides. I think that there was only one other block that appeared to be the same size. The site was quiet when we were there but I would imagine that the handful of showers are in high demand when the site is full. Reading other reviews it seems that there are other issues when he site is full due to the demand on the facilities.

Our one gripe from our visit was that on day one they started mowing the whole site very early in the day. This seemed strange as the grass was not long at all. They were still mowing when we got back from our day out and due to the showery weather the grass cutting stuck to your shoes and then ended up everywhere, the car and tent. Everywhere. Our nice was arriving the next day and as the sun was glorious we thought we would just have a relaxing day at the site. Not to be. Again early on the tranquility was shattered by the noisy hedge trimmers. The petrol trimmers were at it all morning as there are a lot of hedges. By lunch they had stopped but then they spent all afternoon back on the mowers shredding up all the hedge cuttings. ! The people that ran the site didn't seem to be around and I guess the lads were 'under orders' to get the job done, so although we spoke to the guys on a couple of occasions they seemed unwilling to compromise or show some common sense. As per another comment, a warden on site at all times might be a help.

On the whole though it was a site that I would recommend. We don't tend to go to the same site twice, but if I did return I would avoid the busiest times because of the lack of toilets/showers.

So, very nice site, well kept, spacious, friendly, efficient and as the site was more than half empty it was a pleasant stay except for the mowing scenario. My ratings are based on this but I would read other reviews to get an idea of ratings when it is busy.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: N Harwood 1 review from this member

Lovely new site well run with good facilities and friendly service

My issues are with our camping pitch was very well used and no grass where we wanted to pitch our tent, luckily we had a ground sheet but would have expected some grass, we were not offered an alternative pitch

We ordered power but my lead would not reach the shared power point next door but they did offer an extension lead free

The showers have an orange colouring meaning a deep clean is needed

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Lynm 52 reviews from this member

Members of my family stayed in a standard camping pod and this is their feedback. They agree with all I had written about the site under my review for our touring pitch.

The pod was a standard which mean a TV, Heater socket and two down lighters only. They felt it was good with plenty of space. Outside the pod the walkways are very slippy when wet and poorly lit. Toilet facilities by pod were ok but toilet seats needed mending.

It was definitely fit for purpose but a bug mesh at the window would be good as it needed to be open due to heat but the number of insects was huge. The lighting inside wasn't enough a central light would have helped.

A light on front of pod would be a good option as very dark in the wooded area even on a sunny day.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Nigel Rickard 20 reviews from this member

Can I begin with one cautionary note. Check your Email Confirmation! We phoned the number for Deers Mead the owners second site but somehow were booked to Deers Glade.

This is a large site and has everything it says on the tin. We seemed to have the last available pitch a corner plot by the toilets. The owner stated 'we are fairly relaxed here' and this seemed to be so. Although there were a lot of children over the weekend it was not too noisy. The facilities for kids, an adventure type playground, appeared excellent.

The toilets/showers are modern and well finished. There was some queueing, as there were only two cubicles in this block, there was at least one other. No Problem with hot water. My wife found the shower controls less than intuitive and struggled with temperature control.

The owners were friendly and helpful each time I spoke to them. A nice touch is a small sheet with Sat Nav Post Codes for local supermarkets.

There are Recycling Bins but they are in a separate location to the normal waste and it was clear some were ignoring them.

The small fishing lake seemed well maintained and there are plenty of fishing stages.

Just to the South on main road is a Pub, Garage, Cafe and small store.

Enjoyed Wells Next the Sea. Recommend visit to Walled garden at Frelburg House. If you are a steam buff the Wells and Walsingham Railway is unique and must be seen. You can get a £9. 00 return and spend a couple of hours in either location.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: DIG2754 5 reviews from this member

Just spent over a week at this site. On arrival we were shown our pitch but that was all, no information was given re site facilities, opening and closing times nothing at all. The site was clean and tidy, grass kept short, pitches are of good size. Fishing seemed to be good, play area for children good. The dog walks were not the best most people walked up and down the drive no where to let them loose for a good run.

The toilet and shower block where a complete let down, most days toilets where blocked, showers blocked, sinks blocked, showers too hot as unable to turn them down, shame as seem to be quite new. I really think this park should have a warden on site!

Plenty to see and do in local area, some lovely country pubs, local chip shop was nice, and handy to have a local shop down the road.

We visited all the local national trust places which are certainly well worth a walk round.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Pat4d 2 reviews from this member

A large and commercial site, all clean and tidy with good facilities.

A nice welcome and I have no complaints.

Location not ideal for us as there was nothing much of interest within walking distance.

We could have walked down the main road but this was not safe with 2 dogs.

It was family friendly from my observations.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Woolliness 8 reviews from this member

This our second visit here and can only add to what has been said before- lovely site well laid out nice showers etc.

However I can say that I think the site has increased somewhat and the toilets in the week was not a pristine as they have been in the past I do think that a warden on site is probably needed.

The train ride to Holt is well recommended and the pub the Roman Camp outside Felbrig is well worth a visit had a lovely meal there and the terraced garden is lovely in the sunshine also a nice garden area to sit with the dog

We will be back next year.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mjlincs 21 reviews from this member

We think this is a 5 star campsite, it is beautifully laid out with hedges and landscaping separating the generously sized plots, most seemed to have 16amp hook-up and a TV aerial socket for perfect Feeview. The woodland that surrounds the site makes a good windbreak and gives the site an even more attractive appearance, there is a small lake which can be fished, with geese and ducks and the woodland walks are perfect for the dog. The two shower blocks are very clean and modern and showers themselves are excellent, washing up sinks are plentiful as are fresh water taps. We received a very warm, friendly welcome that set the atmosphere for our stay, the shop at reception is adequate for those essentials you have forgotten and is well stocked with a few little extras. We were very taken with the large area given over to a children's play area with an adjoining communal area where you could meet and pass the time.

For shopping there is a Waitrose at North Walsham as well as a Tescos further along the A159 and we found the Groveland Farm Shop just off the A159 at Roughton an excellent place to visit, not only is there and excellent butchers, whose steaks and bacon are just wonderful, there is a delicatessen, hairdressers, field sports shop and my wife spent a long time in the fabric shop which I must say was quite a find.

We ventured out and took the Bure Valley Railway from Aylesham to Wroxham and combined this with a Broads Tour out of Wroxham we thought that for less than £20 each including the dog it was great value for money. A drive down the coast took us to Sea Palling where the Fish and Chip shop also has a coffee shop and both were very good as was the beach with dog friendly one side and non dog the other although I guess that Happisburgh takes the prize for best dog walk beach. I also went to the Caister Car Collection which at £12 seemed expensive but isn't there is a fabulous eclectic mix of interesting motor cars from all eras and I highly recommend a visit.

There is no doubt that we will be returning to Deers Glade it is a beautiful site in a super part of England.

Previous     262 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win AutoSock Ice and Snow Wheel Socks Win tickets to the Win a 'Best of British' Holiday worth up to £350!

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 23 - 28 February
The UK’s biggest start of season showcase, held at Birmingham’s NEC. Win 25 pairs of tickets!