Visitor Reviews - Greenacres Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Greenacres Camping
Barrow Lane
North Wootton
Glastonbury
Somerset   (Browse area)
BA4 4HL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  5m  5m

Open: 01-may To 26 September

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  72 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: P and L 4 reviews from this member

My wife and I spent 6 nights at this site in May 2017. The site is located outside of the small village of North Wootton, near Glastonbury in a quiet rural location with only the occasional passing local traffic. Its restricted to tents and small camper vans which is understandable given the single track, narrow roads leading to it. It has around 40 pitches, all grass and several electric hook-ups.

Site facilities include toilets, showers, washing up facilities etc but no laundry. These were basic but clean although a lack of hot water was an issue initially. That said the owners were very apologetic and sorted the problem straight away.

It is described as a family campsite and has a small playground and games such as table tennis etc plus other farm related activities available.

There are no shops nearby (supermarkets at Wells and Glastonbury) and the nearest pub/dining is about 3/4 mile away along narrow country lanes.

Our only real issue was that for a site with basic facilities the off-peak price of 25 for an electric hook up was on the high side especially when you add on the surcharge on both debit and credit cards.

Reviewer: Rawtenstall 1959 4 reviews from this member

This camp site was fairly full when I arrived it being a bank holiday weekend.

The main units on the site were tents as it does not take caravans.

The owners were helpful during the booking process and when I arrived, and were very approachable throughout my stay.

The things I liked about the site was

1. Its location. Quiet so you can hear the birds sing in the morning. No road noise as its deep into the rurals of the area.

2. It had little light pollution so you could see the stars at night so beautifully.

3. The quiet country lanes meant I could ride my bike for miles without meeting heavy traffic.

4. Its close to beautiful natures reserves at meare

5 Wells is beautiful and there was lots going on there

6. The owners came to the site very frequently to top up sullies and ensure the showers were clean as possible.

7. The pitches were spacious (though my neighbours had encroached on quite a portion of mine when I arrived there was still plenty of space for my car and tent.

8. Children were playing freely in the big open space.

9. The logs and grates were well used by campers and lovely on the site to see in the evening.

10. The fridges and freezers were great for putting packs etc

11. The place was not too rule driven and felt relaxed

12. The late leave on my day of departing made drying out the morning dew from my tent possible and life easier when I got home which was great

Things I liked less

1. The toilet and washing up block was well past its sell by date and needs replacing as campers don't have access to on board showers they need these facilities to be warm, modern, efficient. And yes, that means we have to pay more to have such things, so be it!

2. I read the instructions stating there was no shop but if you had not, you may get quite hungry as few supplies were on site I think.

I would stay again. And more inclined to do so if the showers were refreshed. Thanks

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Thegrinch 16 reviews from this member

Really nice site run by 2 really nice people. Great for kids with loads of space to run around and a park for them to play. Showers were not too busy and loved the fridges and freezers for food and ice blocks. Great for Glastonbury and other Somerset attractions and you can hire a fire pit which seemed very popular. Will be back when in the area. Thanks for having us.

Reviewer: RachlN76 6 reviews from this member

Just back from an awesome holiday at Greenacres. Highly recommended.

Location: pretty perfect. About halfway between Glastonbury and Wells. Both lovely towns well worth visiting, each about 10 minutes away, but very different in character. Lots of lovely cafes and restaurants and attractions like Wells cathedral, Glastonbury Abbey and Tor. Access is down some single track country lanes, but with plenty of passing places. We had a trailer and had no trouble. The gate is on a corner so some care needed here if you have a trailer, or motor home.

Facilities: huge, huge, huge field with very spacious pitches around the edges, and plenty of room to play in the centre of the field. Children's play area with slide, swings and play houses. Kids loved this, and there were lots of families, and all the children played together. Very friendly atmosphere.

Toilet block clean and functional. Rarely had to queue for toilet (and if I did, only for a minute). Never had to queue for a shower. Only 4 showers, and a little on the small side. Push button, fixed head, fixed temp. Because the curtain hangs so closely to the shower, they weren't the best. I struggled with the size of them, and I'm only 4'11' and a size 12. No idea how you'd manage if you were a big bloke, but my hubby is- and he didn't moan about it as much as I did!

Two sinks available in a covered area for washing up. This could get pretty busy at times.

No elsan point, which meant that it wasn't too easy getting rid of waste from the emergency potty. These are the only reasons I've marked it down on facilities.

Site sells Calor Gas, and owners very helpful in outing out our minor gas bottle issues.

Fire pits for hire, and Wifi available for an extra cost (about 15 a week I think). We got good mobile reception on the site anyway (with Three) and we even had the TV out and got good Freeview reception, by and large.

Pitches: if you look on their website, there's a plan of the site. Pitches A-J are set aside a little and probably a bit quieter, but don't offer as clear a view of the play areas. Pitches on the non-EHU side of the field probably best for sun/shade getting the most sun in the early evening.

Very level site, grass well mown and maintained, and seemed well drained (although it didn't rain much while we were there).

Definitely, definitely recommended for exploring this part of the country. A lovely site, and we will definitely be back.

Reviewer: Kirsty1680 9 reviews from this member

Whilst we had a lovely three night stay here there were some negatives that I'd like to make people aware of. I went on my own with four children ranging in age from 14 to 6. The little ones loved it but the older one was a little bored as most of the facilities were aimed at younger guests. There was also an incident with two girls that lived there being rude and nasty towards her. Basically told they could get anyone thrown off the site if they wanted to. Not really what we wanted to be told and didn't really fit in with the family ethos that is advertised! Put that with the fact the children's play area is advertised as for under 10 years old and my 9 year old being told he was too old for it and that ruined it for us.

The shower and toilet area is very dated and needs some money spent on it. Having said that it was always clean.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: WKHLANDCO 4 reviews from this member

It's a lovely site, fantastic setting with good views of the Tor

We received a warm welcome and had a lovely week despite the weather. Good showers with no long queues. It was nice to be able to visit the farmyard with the children.

We will definitely be going back.

Previous     72 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window