Visitor Reviews - Fraserburgh Esplanade Caravan Park

The Esplanade
Harbour Road
Fraserburgh
Aberdeenshire   (Browse area)
AB439TB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m   1m  10m  1m

Open: April To October

Reviews:  10 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Chari g 2 reviews from this member

Nice site. Lovely view. Jim and Iona very helpful. Toilets spotless. Plenty hot water. Free showers. Handy for shops and touring the area. A gem of a site. Pay a visit you won't regret it. Spent ten days here. Hope to return before end of season to watch the seals right in front of our window. Spammy chari kirkintilloch

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Freyja 56 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site 6-10 March 2015. £72 for 4 nights. Dogs allowed, no charge. Site is right next to the beach and my caravan was facing the water. Lovely. As previous reviewer said Youngs fish factory is on one side but that didn, t bother us. No smell from factory unless you walk right up to building. A road runs right past site but this is quiet at night. 2 showers and 4 loos open when we were there. Another ladies loo closed, loos kept very clean. I guess they open this other loo high season. Laundry room on site. Recycling bins on site. Warden lives on site. Friendly guy. Barrier closed 10pm till 8pm. If you need it opened earlier just ask. 4 mobile homes on site and 7 touring caravans on site while we were there. Quiet site. Tesco is a 2 minute drive down the road. There is and Asda in town as well. Petrol station debit card only no cash as my husband found out when he went for fuel. Finlays chippie in town very good. There is a beach café a 2 minute walk away open 10 - 4 7 days off season. I didn, t use it so don, t know what its like. Enjoyed our stay and if I'm in Fraserburgh again I will stay here.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wendy12 1 review from this member

Just spent a few days here. It is located by a lovely beach to one side but an industrial area at the other. Not very noisy but noticable. The site was fairly full and as others have said the pitches are rather close together.

The Wardens are very friendly and keep the facilities clean though they are somewhat dated.

Site is very handy for the town and beach.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Grahamkc 2 reviews from this member

Visited by accident as we thought they did not take dogs. THEY DO. Was in town to play indoor bowls and were going to another site further away. Warden was very friendly and welcoming. Site had originally been under control of Aberdeenshire Council but they were getting rid of them. Warden explained that a local consortium had taken it over and it was the first day they had opened. The Council had only sent them details of site and bookings that day so they were a bit disorganised. However we were made very welcome. Only 4 units on the site plus the warden mainly due to the recent wintry weather. We were lucky and enjoyed good sunny weather although quite cold. The site is right at the end of the beach with fab views. Next to the site is a fish factory but we never were aware of any smell of fish. The toilet, showers etc were very modern, clean and lots of hot water. Near to the High St and carry out food shops, bars etc. As the site was quiet the warden gave us access to the gate as we were visiting friends and could be late. The next day we met other wardens who were every bit as friendly and helpful. I certainly will return as we had a very enjoyable three days. Thanks

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Steve Cowles 2 reviews from this member

This site is only a very short walk from town and is virtually on the beach and with a big Tesco just a 5 minute walk away it really is in a very convenient location.

The facilities are a bit dated but very functional nonetheless. There are showers, a toilet block and laundry room as well as a washing up sink all of which were kept extremely clean by the friendly wardens.

Personally I felt that the pitches were rather close together it did not matter a lot as it quiet in the camping area.

The cost was very reasonable and overall this is a good site. The only negative is that it borders on a fish processing factory so if you are not keen on the smell of fish it may be best avoided. Personally I expect I will be back.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dangermouse.tt 1 review from this member

This was my first camping adventure and I really enjoyed my stay here. The warden was very friendly and helpful, going out of his way to ensure I had plenty of information about the area.

There are limited facilities on site, though this didn't affect me as I was away during the days and didn't have children with me. There is a lovely beach within yards of the site and the local town is within walking distance.

The site was clean and tidy, the toilet and shower facilities were more than sufficient for the number of people on site.

Other campers and caravaners were friendly and cheerful, leading to a nice relaxing atmosphere.

I will definitely visit here again.

Previous     10 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Aberdeenshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Highlander Aeolus 4 Air Frame Tent Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally and Camping Weekend 4th to 5th July
HURRY Advanced booking now open - 3 nights camping in any unit, and admission to rally all weekend