Visitor Reviews - Mosshall Farm Caravan Park

Mosshall Farm Caravan Park
Mosshall Farm
Blackburn
Lothian   (Browse area)
EH47 7DB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Reviews:  11 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Adrian75 1 review from this member

This is a really great little site.

It's very well situated for everything you will ever need. 5 minutes will take you to several supermarkets and there's a fuel garage literally next door to the site. It's also very close to the M8, so about 20 mins in either direction will have you in Edinburgh or Glasgow.

On the site itself, everything is kept to a high standard. The shower block is immaculate and hot water is constant. The site is really well looked after.

The biggest bonus for me though was the owners themselves. I've been on many sites before with grumpy owners and it kinda ruins your time there. On this site, you couldn't meet nicer more helpful owners. So, a big thank you to them for making my time there a pleasant stay.

So, to sum up, a big A+ and I look forward to going back there.

Thanks Mosshall!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Yorkieandy 1 review from this member

1st time in these parts, decided to take my caravan to stay in while working, so glad I booked on mosshall was a lovely little site. Shower block was easy to use and clean, in fact the whole site was clean. The folks who run it couldn't be more helpful and friendly. I'm going back up next week knowing I#ll be well looked after. One thing I was concerned about was noise as I am up and off early hence going to bed early but there wasn't any late noise. There are a variety of people who stayed too, some with dogs, others with children. Is definitely a family friendly site. There's even a local launderette if you need clean clothes and there's pubs and shops more or less as soon as you come off the site. Thanks to the owners. Will definitely use this site again with my family, rather than through work as I have done this time

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Su-Stu-Wynn 2 reviews from this member

This site is an absolute gem. We have a vw Camper and a small Eriba caravan. We were having our caravan windows resealed nearby and this site proved to be our salvation as it would have been a very fraught trip with out their support. The farm is the most immaculate working farm I have ever seen and reflects the care and attention of the owners. We had a warm welcome and were helped to our pitch. The site has excellent hard standing which withstood lashing rain storms and left no puddles or flooding. There is grass sites for tents in the centre of the site. The toilets were spotless and cleaned daily without fail. The owners suggested I could walk my dog around the farm tracks which gave a more than adequate toilet stop walks for our large German Shepherd. It was both a privilege and a pleasure to see their rare breeds livestock which were securely fence in around the fields surrounding the farm. A service station garage with a large forecourt, next door to the farm, meant refuelling with a caravan attached was not a problem. The site is perfectly located to visit Edinburgh, Falkirk Wheel and an easy hours drive drive to Loch Lomond. Its a very quiet site and is a relaxing place to return to. I was happy to leave our camper and caravan on site feeling it was safe and secure. We stayed at the site for 5 nights and would not hesitate to stay there again. We don't have children so I couldn't comment on the facilities available for them, but it was a safe environment with a very family friendly feel. Excellent all round value for money. Would definitely use this camp site again if we were heading Edinburgh way.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Work hard 1 review from this member

Hi there, I have came on here to see write how great this site is as I have been reading what others have been saying well one person really and I can tell every one right now that I have been coming to this site for the last 6/7 years and I have never had to say a bad thing about it. The woman that runs it works very hard, she is there welcoming you the second you turn up till the last bit helping you with anything you want, she can't do anything wrong in my books and I have been bringing my young family up some times with me as well and they always find things to do. Yes the sites near a farm but there is a park along the road a bit which I can take them to. For the toilet block being dirty that's a joke as every morning when I am going for my shower I always bump in to the owner as she is in there cleaning the floors and showers and toilets and I have near had a bad smell from them yet and there always warm and the water as well and everyone on the site are very nice.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Bru-the-pilgrim 2 reviews from this member

This was my third visit to this site; it is still one of my favourite sites.

The facilities are always warm and clean, yes you pay 50p for a shower but there is always plenty of hot water, and I have always finished before the money had run out!

The site is well pleased for visiting Falkirk, Stirling, Edinburgh and even Loch Lomond if you are on a day out.

I recommend this site to anyone looking to explore this part of Scotland.

I will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Heathercu 1 review from this member

Just got home from a lovely bank hol weekend with the family, what a lovely little working farm.

The owners are very welcoming. They have a lovely little farm shop, the washing area has constant hot water and the showers also, the owner was there every day making sure the toilets and showers were clean.

The location is ideal if you would like a trip out for the day. The Falkirk Wheel is not too far away to visit. We look forward to coming back to see you guys soon.

Previous     11 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lothian   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar