Visitor Reviews - Chateau De Lacomte Country Club

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > Europe > France > Midi - Pyrenees > Site Reviews

Chateau De Lacomte Country Club
4* Touring Park & Camping
Domaine De Lacomte
Carlucet
Lot
Midi - Pyrenees   (Browse area)
46500   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 00 33 565 387 546

5m  10m  10m   10m  5m

Open: 01/05 - 15/09

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting.

Reviews:  40 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Baloonhead 2 reviews from this member

Visited this site August 2013 and 2014. Brilliant! Stuart and Sheila great hosts and the park staff are always friendly and cheerful. Pitches are spacious and fully serviced, Ablution block excellent, bar, pool and restaurant first class.

Best of all. No screeching kids to spoil your stay. Hope to visit again soon. Supermarket is 20 min drive away in Gramat. Amazing Rocamadour is also worth a visit especially at night when lit up. Wonderful site.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jackast 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from this wonderful site having had the most amazing holiday.

The site is very well maintained, very clean toilets and showers, plenty of hot water and didn't have to queue. The pitches are large plenty of room for caravan, awning, car and loungers, most had a little shade but it was very welcome considering the hot weather we had. The hosts Shelia and Stuart are great people, always had time to stop and talk and they have a great team of people working for them. We had some lovely evenings in the bar, quiz nights, BBQ and music nights. This is a very quiet and relaxing place to spend your Hols. The nearest supermarket is about a 20 min drive, a few essentials are available from the reception area and bread can be ordered daily. Some wonderful place's to visit, Rocamodor, Sarlat and Saint Cirq Lapopie. We have met some lovely people and have bought back some wonderful memories. We will return to this site as soon as possible

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jasper0505 9 reviews from this member

Reading the reviews we nearly didnít go, but it would have been our lossÖ adults only would be an attraction for us, but as it was September, it was of little consequence.

The site is isolated, but thatís the attraction, peace and quiet to relax. Yes, at night it is very dark, but surely nobody goes camping with out a torch? If you need shopping you do need to pick it up while out and about as its not practical to pop out for that bottle of wine you forgot! But thatís no different to any site you stay on; you donít want to be getting in and out of the car all day.

The welcome to the site by the owners and their team was very welcoming and informative, well organised with a useful hand out and then personally accompanied us to select our pitch.

There did appear to be lots of regulations, but to be honest it was all just common sense and common courtesy towards other campers and staff. If there is a need to point out obvious considerations like; cleaning the toilet bowl after use it just demonstrates the shortcomings of other inconsiderate campers that have probably stayedÖ.

The facilities were all clean, the pool area was very pleasant as was the terrace and bar areas, nice to just pop down to for that little appero early evening and have a chat.

Good base for visiting the surrounding places of interest.

We stayed four nights and really enjoyed our stay, would definitely return if in the area again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Happyanna 3 reviews from this member

Returned yesterday from 2 weeks from Chateau de Lacomte and had an amazing time. The reviews made me a little concerned as we had already booked the site after meeting Sheila at the NEC.

If you want a really rural setting, no road noise, black skies where you can see the milky way every evening this is the place to visit.

We knew it was a car ride from the supermarket so took plenty of essentials and bread can be bought on site and ordered until the bar closes every evening for the next day.

Previous people complained about loo rolls! Stayed at a municipal site on the journey back and also at Caen where no paper provided. It means no trails of paper all over the toilets as you are paying for it you are more careful.

Dark campsite little lights- yes! fantastic bring a torch.

The site was really clean- toilets, showers and pool area and that is most important to me. Very spacious site with woodland areas and we even had deer come in during the morning. Lots of places to visit within 30 mile radius.

If you want a really peaceful retreat in a beautiful area this is the place to come. Any regrets in choosing this site- none at all

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Alexandrea 1 review from this member

I'm a journalist of French/Italian origin. I chose to stay on this site because English people I met on my travels mentioned it to me. I did not know or understand the concept of Adult Only Camping. This form of camping is not known in Europe so a good subject for me & I wanted to see what it was like.

Well, I very much liked it here, relaxing & peaceful all the time. Very pretty picturesque area, lots to see & enjoy. Walking routes are good, cycling too if you are fit. On site hospitality very friendly & helpful. Site facilities very good & very clean. Toilets always clean & I never wait for a shower. The camping area was lovely, lots of space & my own tap. Beautiful countryside all round me plus much wildlife. Pool very large, great for swimming in August with no children, this was nice especially no screaming. Relaxing on a sunbed was for me heaven, so different without children. Price for 4* site I did not think expensive.

I very much liked the food served in the restaurant, prices like other campings I stayed, but service, presentation & taste better here. Snack meals & take-away food were good, gooooood pizzas, M'mmm, nearly as good as my Papa's ! Bread, croissants & other nice things baked each day on site, you order by 11. 00pm the night before. Band night with the curry I enjoyed, lovely dessert, good price, band was very good, great music.

I liked the freedom pitch service with use of a car, made my site-seeing very simple with a small vehicle so many lovely places. I definitely recommend this concept of camping, & stay again this year but in the gÓte. The other rental locations, Mobile Homes & Chalets are very nice & well equipped. This time I prefer to stay in the gÓte as I stay with my Family because there will be no children. I enjoyed very much my stay here last year, and recommend this site. It will be interesting for me as I did not identify myself to the owners or staff. I look forward to introducing myself & complimenting the owners, on their camping. They moved here not speaking French in 1991 with their three small children designed, created then built their business together. An incredible story. I hope to hear more next time I am there. Enjoy your Holidays, who knows maybe I meet you this year. Alexandrea

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Pcl44 1 review from this member

This was our 2nd trip to Lacomte first time was August 2010. This really is a little quiet haven, very clean, very friendly and absolutely ideal if you want to enjoy a peaceful holiday without children running around, screaming and making a mess all over the place.

I can't believe some of the reviews I've read on here people complaining about taking their own Loo Roll to the loos. Even when I've stayed on sites that do supply loo roll I still take my own anyway! I have seen many times on different sites through UK, France, Spain and Portugal, people unnecessarily wasting loo roll because they feel they've paid for it. After spending so much time in France I have experienced how expensive loo roll is so Stuart & Sheila and the team no one really gives a damn about the loo roll you make a difference in far more important areas like providing a great ambience, clean safe surroundings, great food in the restaurant and your band nights were the best fun ever!

Well done to you and your team keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you next season.

Previous     40 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Midi - Pyrenees   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Smart Air Caravan Awning Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 10/04 to 12/04
Features all the latest Motorhomes from leading manufacturers and a host of accessories. Weekend Camping or day tickets