Visitor Reviews - Bishops Meadow Caravan Park

Bishops Meadow Caravan Park
Hay Road
Brecon
Powys   (Browse area)
LD3 9SW   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01874610000

5m  1m  1m   5m

Reviews:  53 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Reviewer: Lizlizard 2 reviews from this member

We spent a very enjoyable week at this campsite. It would be difficult to imagine a more beautiful view to wake up to every morning, and coming from Cornwall, that's really saying something! The camping field is further away from the shower and toilet block (which was modern and kept very clean) than the area for camper vans, but to be honest that was a bit of a bonus. There was a busyish B road nearby, but the noise was not bothersome. We had a nightly hedgehog visit - and hadn't realised that hedgehogs make a noise until we heard them mumbling away to each other. This was very exciting for the younger members of our party. The Brecon Beacons is a lovely area with lots to do. We cycled around the Usk reservoir, did a long waterfall walk and climbed Pen y Fan, as well as exploring the pretty town of Brecon, with its pleasant shops, canal and river. In spite of the slightly inclement weather, it was an excellent visit and doubtless we will be back.

Reviewer: Wazer1 5 reviews from this member

This is our 5th visit over the last 3/4 yrs and we have always had a great time (see other reviews).

We booked in as normal with a few other familys and stayed in the top corner of the tent field as always.

Has a great time apart from a issue with the owner(gent with dark hair who drives golf buggy). The kids wanted to use the pool (26/8) and we asked the gent with grey hair (caretaker) if he could open the pool as it was closed as it had been raining, It was about 6:30 / 7:00 pm. He said yes and would open it for the kids. We wnet down to the pool and there were other kids in there (parents were there). My kids got in and started to play. The gent with black hair and a lady with white hair (owners I believe), came along and aked the kids what there were doing, I told him they were with us and the other gent said we could use the pool and just opened it. The gent was very rude telling the kids to get out and so was the lady. I treid to explain but all he said was 'I KNOW THERE SOMETHING GOING ON!'. We tried to explain but he was having none of it. My partner whos birthday was very upset and all the kids were upset. I had to walk away as I was getting cross. It put a dampner on our stay here. The same man also had an argument with some lads from Liverpool as he drove over ther e kite. Which in the end the polica had to come. My kids also told us how rude he was one day to them. Then a lady and her family was told of about there barbuce which was one on chain and off the floor(im sure she review here. )As I said before this is agreat site for family and I understand there are rules. But if they want people to carry on coming here, these people need to learn some basic manners and not try run it like a prison camp boss. We will be writing a letter to them and want to find out if they are the owners as the attitude of this GENTLEMAN was disgusting. The gent with grey(Irish) hair was always polite and good with the kids.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Chowmein 7 reviews from this member

Found this place by chance while looking around Brecon for a good site. 25 for hard standing and electric hook up was a good price. Small Swimming pool on site which was an added bonus. Pub next door plus a texaco garage for basic supplies. Showers / toilets were clean and great. Owner was very friendly. A small park on site and children were allowed to ride bikes. Great base for visiting local areas. The pitches were very close but didn't really cause an issue and would have liked a few more places to walk to. We will deff stay again and next time take our swimming gear !

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Robanddeb281006 4 reviews from this member

The tourer field was terraced which meant you were surrounded by caravans on all sides. There are a lot of people who site their vans here all year round and so there is a bit of a community going on there. When we visited, a lot of the grassed areas was new turf which hadn't had a chance to knit together. The hardstandings, which at first looked like tarmac, was in fact loose sticky black chippings. We had a problem in that we had to cut a corner to get to our allocated pitch and this meant that the earth and chippings stuck to my caravan tyre and clogged up my motor-mover. The toilet block was 'ok' with some of the toilets and showers permanently out of action through the weekend. There was work going on with the washing-up area being extended. There were not many taps for getting water on the field and the pressure was extremely low. You couldn't really walk anywhere from the site as the main road is quite dangerous. OK for a base to discover the local area by car or bike though. For a view of the Beacons, you had to be pitched at the very top of the field.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Thejap 1 review from this member

Just got back from 3 great nights at this park. Very clean and tidy, excellent views of the Brecon Beacons from the top of the tent field. My 7 year old boy had great fun playing with the other children in the park and he even went in the pool. Nights were really cold but the days brilliant sunshine. Went on the canal boat trip from Brecon down to the aqueduct over the Usk and back, very relaxing. Next day was in the Beacons on the 4 waterfall trail, peace and quiet near the rivers and waterfalls. Site had good hot showers which was needed after a cold night in a tent toilets always clean. Had to ask for a dongle to get back in the park without bothering the warden, this was free.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Giddy666 1 review from this member

Went to this site on the bank holiday weekend, never been there before so decided here firstly because of the price (28 per night for 3 adults + 2 children) and secondly because of the previous reviews.

The gentleman I spoke to was really pleasant and was quite happy to show me to my pitch and give me the choice where to go and apart from the odd hello and how's your stay he didn't bother us but was helpful to point me in directions for other things we wanted to do.

The site is a good size site with a slight slope but nothing to bad, the toilet/shower facilities are spotless and quite a size too. The shower may on occasion lose power but that's just due to me showering the same time as everyone else so it's to be expected but still only a minor quibble.

All in all I will definitely go there again and would recommend it to others.

Previous     53 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Powys   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs