Visitor Reviews - Red Lion Holiday Park

Red Lion Holiday Park
Dundee Road
Arbroath
Angus   (Browse area)
DD11 2PT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01241 872038

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   1m  5m

Pitches: 300 Statics 31 Tourers/Motorhomes

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daizee554 6 reviews from this member

Booked this campsite on the great photos it shows of the caravan park facilities.

The area where we pinched up our caravan had a 10 foot high wall around it so no views of the beach.

Also the touring pitches are right by the rubbish bins for the static caravans so the is a constant smell of rotting food in the air.

Kids play area is ok but nowhere near the touring area so my children couldn't just go out and play.

Swimming pool is nice but certain times of the day they have swimming classes going on so you cant just go for a swim when you feel like it.

The bar & family area is also ok but the soft play area was locked the whole time we were there.

The nice thing about this site is it is close to a lovely beach with very nice local attractions.

I would not recommend this site for touring at all.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: StuBelAberdeen 10 reviews from this member

The Red Lion is a great site located on the outskirts of Arbroath. A twenty minute walk takes you into this historic town which is steeped in history and is the home of the famous Smokie. The harbour, Abbey and sea cliffs further north are all well worth a visit.

The site contains mainly static vans but there is a smallish area for tourers, facilities are good with very decent showers, waste drains available at most pitches, plug ins for your TV aerial that gets you all free view channels and plenty hook ups.

All good value for the money charged 21 / night. If you are thinking about spending some touring time in Arbroath, go ahead and book the Red Lion its a great site and the town has plenty to do as well as plenty pubs and restaurants.

The walk into town can be along the beach front which has loads of play park stuff to please small kids. Every August there is Fish Fest weekend and the Bell Rock Blues Fest which are always a great weekends - check out the web for details.

Be sure not to leave without having a smokie - a world famous treat from one of the nicest towns on the Angus coast.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Andy17 1 review from this member

Just back from red lion holiday park & found it on arrival as follows: Was told our pitch number & given our 10 toilet key! Our pitch was a number lower as someone on had taken our spot or given the wrong number. Had someone either side but would have preferred our original number. Anyway, was really nice as it was our 1st site to go on, had lots to do eg swimming, sauna steamroom, games room for kids,pub for us adults, launderette, shop etc.

The site had a small walk to the beach which was nice at night but you couldn`t walk it during the day, but had a nice walk to the harbour during the day. Really enjoyed it apart for being paranoid that I we would loose the 10 toilet key ! When we arrived I went to the toilet and met a lovely person who like me had just arrived. In the toilets there was only 1 hand dryer & she could not find it, a bit inconvenient as you had to know which booth to go to

It was 40p for the shower tokens & hair dryer which was not too bad considering I took my own & could`nt work it n the hook up. The only draw back was we put our heater and it blew our trip switch & our lights & water switch would not work. Don`t know if that was because we were camp site v`s or what. Anyway our experience was good overall 8/10

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Xxprecious84xx 1 review from this member

Its a quiet site, nice park for the kids and the pools good to, the food isn't that good so made our own food after eating out the first time in the site but the chippY isnt to far away from the site. Close to pleasureland which is great for kids.

Nice staff very helpful.

Disappointed at the kids play area on site as I paid 7 for my kids to play and everyone elses kids just came in for free when the parents were in the bar and my kids couldn't play as they were all fighting and pushing each other so would recommend a member of staff watches this area when we were there, there was no member of staff watching it, my only complaint about the site.

We really enjoyed this holiday and I would bring my kids again.

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Gandl 4 reviews from this member

We were looking for an early break and found Red Lion park and thought we would try it out. The park itself was ok, if a little quiet, and the pool was lovely but for the fact you can only visit the pool once a day, which when it was tipping down with rain, wasnt great especially when you have young children.
The food was average, the shop was ok, the staff could have smiled a bit more but were ok too.
Arbroath itself was a pleasant surprise with the minature railway and go karts a favorite with my children. The bar was very quiet but would have been a bit chaotic at busy times, and the entertainment venues seemed a bit small for a park of this size. All in all not a bad site but I wouldnt be back in a hurry.

Date of Visit: September 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Freyja 51 reviews from this member

Lovely clean site. Toilets modern and clean. Mainly static caravans but small field for tourers. No tents allowed. Key needed for loos, 10 deposit. Dogs allowed (1 per night )and our dog loved the walks along the prom. Didn't use restaurant as we had dog with us. Campsite is about a mile and a half or so from town centre. The swimming pool costs 4.00 for an hours swim, I think it would have been better to have a half hour price for people like me who only go in to do 20 lengths .
Showers need a token costing 40p from the shop, gives you about 5 minutes hot water. Shop only open till 5 o'clock so get it before you leave campsite in case you're not back till late. Next to main road and railway, so some noise when traffic starts up early morning. Just have a few drinks the night before like we did and you won't hear a thing !
Paying for shower and hairdriers was the only thing I didn't like about site as I hate paying for the night and then having to pay again for a shower or hairdryer, but I would certainly come again.Friendly staff.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Angus   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!