Visitor Reviews - Ardmair Holiday Park

Ardmair Holiday Park
Ardmair Point
Ullapool
Highlands   (Browse area)
IV26 2TN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01854 612054

5m  5m   1m

Open: April To September

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  81 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bodiddly 26 reviews from this member

Situated in a lovely bay about 3 miles north of Ullapool, all the pitches have a sea view, unless you opt for the sheltered grassy area behind reception, the motorhome pitches are on the hardstanding along the right of the access road while caravans and tents can use the grass on the opposite side next to the beach, though as the weather had been very dry when we stayed they didn't seem to stick to this. Reception did not open until 4pm but you can just pitch up anywhere without a reserved sign and pay them when they open. The toilets and showers were very clean with plenty of hot water and there is a small shop for essentials, but the cafe others have mentioned was not open when we were there. The beach is very unusual with flat round stones varying from 2p to saucer size, perfect for skimming across the water. It is a very peaceful site, lots of birds and some otters, and the view is stunning. Perfect for us as a stop over but not much to do without having to drive.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Outoftown 2 reviews from this member

Arrived a bit late without booking, I imagine later in the season it would be best to book ahead. I had a hardstanding pitch. Absolutely stunning setting with fantastic views. The staff that I dealt with were friendly and helpful.

Shower and toilet blocks were clean. Pitches for tents looked good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and I will be back.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lorfal 7 reviews from this member

Had a one night stop here last week. Though it says it closes in sept, it was open as we drove by on spec, no doubt taking advantage of the great weather.

We would stay here again, it is a stunning setting, well maintained grounds and plenty hook ups and fresh water supplies.

Cannot comment on the facilities as we used our own on board, but from outside looked clean and well kept.

Dogs were welcome and we found ample areas for walking them. Looked like there was a small reception area but was closed on arrival, a member of staff collected fees the next morning. Standard rates, no surprises.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Gallabers Traveller 10 reviews from this member

Despite arriving without booking ahead, we were warmly welcomed and given a spot in pride of place looking out over the loch, complete with hookup. The weather was very favourable for us, but I think it would be challenging when the gales blow in from the west. The reception shop has a good range of essentials, but a trip to Ullapool will be needed for serious culinary stocking up, as far as I could see there was no pub or restaurant on the point. We swam in the sea on both days, amazingly warm, with that soft peaty tint in evidence. Think I glimpsed a seal briefly offshore. You can use a fire-pit on the beach, but watch out for those pesky midges, we sprayed up but forgot our ankles. Tuck the trousers in the socks! Washroom was clean and basic, with good warm showers. This was the most memorable of our Scottish campsite visits, we will not forget those beautiful sunsets!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Speaker12 11 reviews from this member

I turned up Ardmair with no booking but there was plenty of room with a large field for tents in the centre of the site.

With the weather forecast good I pitched on the elevated section - there were more sheltered areas had any strong winds being due.

The site has 360 degree views of mountains and water, it's a beautiful location. Two toilet blocks, I only used one and that was clean and not busy. Two (free) showers, hot water lasts around 3 or 4 minutes. A pretty quiet site, especially in the evening when most people hid in their caravans to avoid the midges (Smidge worked for me).

The reception area has a shop which looked like it stocked enough things to keep you going as well as a few other bits and pieces. There's a supermarket in Ullapool which is three miles away. There are also a few takeaways there.

The scenery in the area is spectacular and there are some fantastic roads to enjoy. I particularly enjoyed trips to Kylesku and the Summer Isles.

All in all a great location to get away from it all and a site I'll definitely go back to, a shame it's 400+ miles away!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: AndyRomain 32 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a night on our last night of the ill fated NC500. After a day of torrential rain, pitched up here, cold and soaked. The guy on reception was very friendly, but the weather was very inhospitable. Would have been ok on my own, but I had my 9yo son with me, whom was looking forward to the pristine beaches of the North Coast, and was becoming bitterly disappointed.

Upon pitching the tent realised I needed a Hilti gun rather than tent pegs! Eventually got the tent up, and went for a very wet evening into Ullapool, and found the leisure centre so we went for a dip (lovely pool, and the driest we'd been all day).

Nice spot, but a little pricey compared to other locations. Can't really say too much as by 4am we had a hotel room booked in Glasgow, and left the site at 6:30am.

Previous     81 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Inflatable HandiRack Roof Rack and Waterproof HandiHoldall Win a Superb Outwell Picnic Package

UKCS Meet Truckfest Original15 - 16 July 2017
Newark & Notts Showground - exciting family entertainment with weekend camping ...more