Visitor Reviews - Trawsdir Touring Caravan And Camping

Trawsdir Touring Caravan And Camping
Llanaber
Barmouth
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL42 1RR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  1m  10m   10m  1m

Pitches: 70 Tourer - 30 Tent - 3 Family Pods
Open: 1st March - 6th January

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Glamping

Reviews:  135 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lazychu 1 review from this member

Just got back from another visit and, as always, we've had a thoroughly lovely trip.

The pitches are big, big enough for our 2 largish cars, tent, seats and bbq. The pitch we had also had fantastic views of the bay.

The toilets are as ever immaculate. We normally visit this site when its quieter and had expected standards to slip a little in the main school holidays but we couldn't have been more wrong.

The children were happy with the playground and playing ball games in the dog walking field. My sister and brother in law were happy that the playground was only open 9 to 9 so no late night shouting and screaming.

The Wayfayer bar and chip shop next door appears to be closed, but being renovated. The chip shop was a bit rubbish anyway. Try the Mermaid in Barmouth instead or the takeaway at the sister site.

Dogs are welcome on a lead. If you walk through the sister site to get to the beach then dogs are welcome there too. No dogs on the main beach in Barmouth in the summer.

Overall, a great little break and I can't wait to go back.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Fradillian 3 reviews from this member

Lovely site. We arrived and were guided onto our pitch (A18) by the extremely helpful warden. We encountered a problem with our 10m Aquaroll adapter pipe and 7m grey waste pipes in that they weren't long enough as the drain and tap were on the other side of the pitch. The warden went and sourced extensions that got us up and running within 10 minutes. Great service.

The views from the pitch are nice. A partial sea view to the front (full sea view if no one pitched in front) and mountains to the side. The toilet and shower blocks are modern, clean, heated and never busy. The Reception shop is stocked enough for essentials and open until 5. 30pm.

The children's play park was popular with our children aged 7 and 11 and they made lots of friends. The park is closed and locked at 9pm which is good as we got our tired children back ready for bed and it made the campsite nice and quiet (not that it was excessively noisy during the day, just what I call 'happy children noise').

The walk to the beach is along the A496 to the sister site Caerdaniel. I'll be honest and say it's not an enjoyable 10 minute walk as its a fast road which I didn't feel entirely comfortable walking along with the amount of towing mirrors or wide motorhome mirrors whizzing past quite closely. It's a shame that there isn't a direct path straight down to the beach but the site don't own the fields directly opposite so the path isn't possible. A good compromise is being allowed to drive down to the Caerdaniel site and park by the football field which is very close to the beach.

The Wayside Inn nearby looked like it was being refitted but we had fish and chips from The Dolphin fish and chip shop in Barmouth and from the Caerdaniel site and both were lovely and quite reasonably priced. For groceries, there is quite a big Co Op (next to the train station), an Iceland and a Spar all in Barmouth.

If you do go to this site, make sure you go to the Blue Lake just outside Arthog. It's a hilly walk but worth it with the views and the blue, clear quarry lake. Take your swimming cossie :-D

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kimann17 1 review from this member

This is an amazing site the pitches are lovely with plenty of room. The toilet and showers are beautiful and kept really clean. The wardens are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble they help with anything you need. We love it so much we have a seasonal now and winter storage. I know they will look after my caravan and the site is safe and secure.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cazbix 2 reviews from this member

We booked in for 4 nights, the site is very nice and well maintained, the male warden showed us to our pitch which was nice and large, the dog walking area is nice and large too, the views from the site are brilliant, the shop is fine on site for bits and bats, my only bug bear is the main toilets are cleaned between 5:30 to 7:30 am, we are early risers and like to be off asap site seeing, there is another toilet block with 4 toilets and one small shower, on Saturday night we went to the local pub/fish shop but it was closed, ( closed on a Saturday night ! ). The site is close to the beach and the small town of Barmouth. We would recommend this site and hope to visit again at some point.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: MEG55 17 reviews from this member

Immaculate, well maintained Site. Owners friendly and helpful. Toilet and shower block very modern clean and tidy.

Our hard standing pitch was a good size with water tap on the pitch also.

Lovely sea views with fabulous sunsets.

Easy walk into Barmouth as only a couple of miles or hop on local bus.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Us nmatt 12 reviews from this member

This is really a lovely site with 5* facilities

We visited 2 years ago and were so impressed we decided to return, 1st time we have ever returned to a site.

The pricing policy has dramatically changed and we paid over double what we did 2 years previous, but having nice memories we decided to return.

We made our reservation approximately 2 months before arrival and gave them our approximate arrival time (6-7pm). Then the afternoon of our arrival I received a phone call from the site giving me instructions of a how to gain entry (code for a security box and where to find our entrance fob etc. ) I said I wasn’t able to take the instructions at the time as I was working and could she email/text me them. I was told “oh it doesn’t matter” and hung up.

On arrival (bang on time @ 6:20pm) no one was there to meet us. It was pouring down and we were stood waiting trying to access the gate fob from the security box without luck, thankfully 2 other guests came and spoke to us and one kind chap leant us his fob to get in and find our pitch. About 1. 5 hours later the male warden came and knocked and gave us our own fob.

Then the afternoon before we left (we were there for 2 nights) my husband phoned to enquire whether it was critical we left at 11am or could we stay later. The site wasn’t full by any means. We were abruptly told “no” by the female warden, then she said later in the conversation that we could stay later if we paid £8. For our 2 nights it cost £58 (us plus 2 dogs) if we’d stayed for 3 nights it would have been £60. 90……. My mistake should have booked the 3 nights and left at lunch time on day No. 3 (would have only cost us £60. 90). The last time we stayed here it was only £12 per night out of season, like this visit was.

I decided to phone the lady back to explain we only wanted another 1 hour max but she said this wasn’t possible and I asked not even for the fact that no-one was here to “site us” on our arrival? No was the response.

Shortly afterwards there was a knock on our caravan door and the lady asked me to “step outside”, I refused. She then said “there was no pleasing me”. Apparently they had been waiting for us, in their uniforms, to phone on arrival (at no time did she ask me to do that, after all we arrived at exactly the time we said we would, when we booked it 2 months earlier). We’re amazed how they couldn’t spot a twin axle caravan trying to gain access.

On a positive note the site is lovely, dog walking area is perfect and the male warden is a very happy chap, always with a smile on his face.

Unfortunately due to the female warden’s customer service we won’t be returning.

Previous     135 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a BUZZ RACK Buffalo 4 Bike Tilting Carrier Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Benington Chilli Festival, Hertfordshire 29 – 31st August
Celebrate all things chilli in the hidden gem of a garden at historic Benington Lordship.