Visitor Reviews - Faichemard Farm

Camping Site
Faichemard
Invergarry
Highlands   (Browse area)
PH35 4HG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  1m 5m  10m  10m   10m  5m

Open: April To October

Reviews:  52 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Brian-A 9 reviews from this member

A bit different to most sites in that the pitches are well spread out across a hillside - you have a lot of privacy and are close to nature. Beautiful views. Well away from anywhere - though not too far (by road) from places to eat or get supplies.

Excellent if you have a dog, there are good dog walks straight from the site, including a very nice, fairly level, 3/4 hour (each way) walk to Loch Lundie, where the dog can be off the lead most of the way - and have a swim when you get there!

Good, clean, facilities blocks (though the spread-out nature of the site means that some pitches have a bit of a treck to get there). One negative: the grey water disposal is combined with the chemical toilet disposal and is almost unusable if you have a large (wheeled) grey water container. Free wifi. Friendly owners. We didn't find midges to be a particular problem here, in late June. Good value for money. Recommended.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ron657 3 reviews from this member

What a brilliant location, it is beautiful, secluded, restful & peaceful.

Great stands as well, with a really helpful & happy owner.

Even had an longer extension cable I needed,

Would recommend this site to anyone who wants peace & quite.

My stand was beside the small loch, spent ages watching ducklings, other stands are dotted about.

They are so far apart privacy is guaranteed.

Will I be back, I certainly will.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cobra2 2 reviews from this member

I spent two nights at this site, and I can honestly say its one of the best I have ever stayed at. The owner is very friendly, there is a fridge and freezer, the pitches have picnic benches at each one, the area this place is situated is stunning. The road leading to this site is of a good surface, and only a short distance from the main road. The shower blocks/toilets are immaculate. This site does offer peace and quiet, I never heard any music at all whilst I was there, something which has ruined my stay at other sites is listening to other peoples noise. I was on my motorcycle, and the price of 6. 50 per night was fair. I will return for sure to Faichemard Farm, as its a gem.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jan-phil 6 reviews from this member

Had a wonderful stay here at this beautifully laid out site. We parked fairly close to the toilet block, still reasonably private, pitches are very spacious and each came with its own picnic table, which is a real bonus. The shower, whilst basic is good and hot and roomy! We booked for 3 days and stayed for 10.

Around and about is a lot of good walking, good footpaths, well marked and good underfoot. Fort Augustus is close by, lots of coffee shops and tourist stuff but no real food shops worth going to. The only downside is the distance to a decent supermarket but Tesco deliver so next time we visit we will do an online shop!

The whole place is amazing, if you don't want peace and quiet then it's not for you.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kld22162 10 reviews from this member

We returned a couple of weeks ago from this absolute GEM of a campsite! I cannot fault it in anyway. The owner checked us in and was very organised and polite. It truly felt like we were almost wild camping but with the luxury of toilets and showers! Our pitch had electric. The pitch was flat and we found it no problem to get tent pegs into the ground. The campsite is in a beautiful setting and with it being adults only it was peace, perfect peace! There is an excellent dog walk too! It went on for miles and our dog had a great weekend! There is a washing machine and tumble drier available, although we did not use these facilities. The toilets and showers were kept clean at all times. The showers were excellent! A hairdryer is provded for use in the ladies toilet - free of charge! The water is piping hot at all times. Unfortunately, during our stay we received bad news from my daughter who was involved in an accident in Singapore. Insurance companies had to be involved which meant lots of internet contact with my daughter in Singapore (hospital) and the UK insurers from our tent! Fortunately we had taken our ipad with us. The Wifi on this site is second to none! We actually had better Wifi on the site than we do at home! The strong Wifi signal was an absolute godsend due to the situation with my daughter. We got things sorted out very quickly re insurance, hospital and tickets to fly her home asap. Had we been on a different site with the usual non-reliable Wifi then we would have had no option but to pack up and come home. We definitely can't recommend this site enough and we are for sure intending visiting again before the end of the year! Give it a try - you'll love it!

Reviewer: Mysteryminx 7 reviews from this member

I would like to start by saying, this is one of, if not the, best campsite we have stayed on.

The set out of the campsite is wonderful, with each plot being separate from the others. It is all laid out at different levels around a pond. There are two shower/toilet blocks, in close walking distance to any of the plots. They were in a wonderfully clean condition at all times. The showers are the biggest showers I have used on a campsite, and the pressure and temperature were more than adequate.

I'm not one for big flashy campsites, so this campsite was perfect for me. The owner was extremely friendly, making sure we had the best pitch available, and gave us all the information about walks in the surrounding area.

Overall, it's a wonderful, reasonably priced campsite.

We paid 13 a night for two adults, medium tent and a car

Previous     52 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!