Visitor Reviews - Harrogate Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Harrogate Caravan Park
Great Yorkshire Showground
Harrogate
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
HG2 8NZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m   1m

Open: Opens 7th March

Reviews:  62 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Write your own Review for a chance to Win!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin your choice of a £200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Chenade 1 review from this member

Just returned from a long weekend at this site. It was our first visit and what a wonderful site with good size pitches and fantastic shower block kept spotlessly clean with good pot washing facilities but the thing that impressed me was the polite manner of owners very helpful and showed us to our pitch and couldn't do enough for us. So well done and will definitely be returning. Bus stop just outside of site so good for getting into harrogate or taxi to knaresborough is 8 pounds 1 way but buses do run there to. Great pub the travellers rest a 10 minutes walk away that does great food and drink so this wonderful site is in a perfect location so if reading this review take a visit you won't be disappointed. See you soon the Johnsons from filey

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dawath1948 18 reviews from this member

Small very well maintained and clean site.

Toilets are immaculate. Water and electric hook ups conveniently placed around the site.

We stayed on a hard standing pitch, grass pitches are also available.

No play area for children.

Site is convenient for visiting York, Fountains Abbey and other tourist sites.

Would happily recommend this site for a quiet break.

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Edwa43 3 reviews from this member

We arrived around 2pm, just before the rush. We were allocated our pitch. First impressions were that it is quite a small site, clean and tidy and well maintained, not a lot to do.

Pitched up and as we are novices made a mistake, unhitched car, electrics etc decided to move car away while manually putting van in position, hubs got in and moved car. Oops we hadn’t disconnected the emergency wire for the handbrake. That broke and put the handbrake on, very tight. We couldn’t shift it. Long story short, the owner came over and was more than helpful and sorted the problem. We were unbelievably grateful.

We then set up the van and went out for a mooch, the site is located perfectly for commute to Harrogate, there is a farm shop next door, which is epic!

On return to the site to cosy down for the night we went to the shower / toilet block it was impeccable and spotless. Plenty of loo’s and showers and all clean. Sockets available for your own hairdryer or straigheners, also a sign saying they can loan you a hairdryer if you need to. Separate disabled facilities available, checked them out too and they were spotless.

Bins, water area everything tip top.

On site there isn’t really anything to do, but its location is perfect, the owners are more than accommodating and helpful and I can’t rate them highly enough.

We will definitely be returning here on our next Harrogate trip.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Swapeman 12 reviews from this member

One of the best sites we have ever stayed at. We were met at our unit by Helen who explained everything about the site and who, with her husband, made us feel most welcome. The site itself is on a good bus route and had everything we needed.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jjlj95 27 reviews from this member

I've just spent my 3rd 3 week stay at the Harrogate Caravan Park (2014, 2015, 2016) and can only say that I can't wait to return ! It is an absolutely wonderful place, I can only repeat much of what I said before - 'Access is very easy and the online directions are 100% reliable. Vicki and John, are amazing, regardless of how early in the day or late at night give one and all such a good welcome, you feel your holiday has begun the minute you drive through the gates and they’re always ready to help make your time there run smoothly and extremely happily'

However, I must add that I am eternally grateful to Vicky this year as when I lost my phone, she went to extraordinary lengths and detective work to locate it and thanks to her and the wonderfully kind, honest man who found it, ( Partner of one of the 'Fodder' team who noticed it had been dropped outside the site gates ) I was reunited with it that morning. Not only did Vicky let me know the minute it had been found so I could stop worrying, but also, since I did not have an alarm clock that morning, as I use that facility on my phone, gave me a wake up knock so I could catch up on some sleep without oversleeping ! Blooming' brilliant ! Thanks Vicky xx Helen and Richard were assisting this year and were lovely too.

The site is maintained beautifully, it seems to get prettier each year, and the toilet blocks, including the excellent separate disabled facilities are spotlessly clean as are the dishwashing, laundry and Elsan areas.

The free wifi is reliable and strong and having the gorgeous food shop “Fodder” next door and a big Sainsbury’s store, including fuelling station, so close, makes staying on this site very easy.

Harrogate is readily accessible from the site, 2 buses an hour go from the main road in front of Sainsburys which is an easy, flat, 6 minute walk from the site whilst the Parking Disc, available at reception, is extremely useful for parking in the free but restricted zones ( mostly 3 hour limits, but some 4 hour bays ) in the town centre, I use it every day.

Dog walks are directly outside the site and the local pub is a five minute walk across the field.

We had the nicest Indian meal, delivered from Woodland Tandoori to the site that any of our group had had for a long time, vegetarians and meat eaters all delighted with their choices.

I'm keeping everything crossed that I will be able to make take a 4th stay here next summer.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cazbix 7 reviews from this member

Nice flat camp site, toilets and showers are very clean, there is a pub about 10 mins walk, supermarkets are about 5mins walk, bus stop to Harrogate is at the end of the lane, I thought it was a bit expensive at £33. 00 per night over the bank holiday but the staff are very helpful and our pitch was large enough to put the caravan and awning up with no problems,

Previous     62 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth £225! Win a Coolbox Cool ‘n’ Store Package worth over £235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July