Visitor Reviews - Harrogate Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Harrogate Caravan Park
Great Yorkshire Showground
Harrogate
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
HG2 8NZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m   1m

Open: Opens 7th March 2016

Reviews:  58 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Reviewer: Jjlj95 27 reviews from this member

I've just spent my 3rd 3 week stay at the Harrogate Caravan Park (2014, 2015, 2016) and can only say that I can't wait to return ! It is an absolutely wonderful place, I can only repeat much of what I said before - 'Access is very easy and the online directions are 100% reliable. Vicki and John, are amazing, regardless of how early in the day or late at night give one and all such a good welcome, you feel your holiday has begun the minute you drive through the gates and they’re always ready to help make your time there run smoothly and extremely happily'

However, I must add that I am eternally grateful to Vicky this year as when I lost my phone, she went to extraordinary lengths and detective work to locate it and thanks to her and the wonderfully kind, honest man who found it, ( Partner of one of the 'Fodder' team who noticed it had been dropped outside the site gates ) I was reunited with it that morning. Not only did Vicky let me know the minute it had been found so I could stop worrying, but also, since I did not have an alarm clock that morning, as I use that facility on my phone, gave me a wake up knock so I could catch up on some sleep without oversleeping ! Blooming' brilliant ! Thanks Vicky xx Helen and Richard were assisting this year and were lovely too.

The site is maintained beautifully, it seems to get prettier each year, and the toilet blocks, including the excellent separate disabled facilities are spotlessly clean as are the dishwashing, laundry and Elsan areas.

The free wifi is reliable and strong and having the gorgeous food shop “Fodder” next door and a big Sainsbury’s store, including fuelling station, so close, makes staying on this site very easy.

Harrogate is readily accessible from the site, 2 buses an hour go from the main road in front of Sainsburys which is an easy, flat, 6 minute walk from the site whilst the Parking Disc, available at reception, is extremely useful for parking in the free but restricted zones ( mostly 3 hour limits, but some 4 hour bays ) in the town centre, I use it every day.

Dog walks are directly outside the site and the local pub is a five minute walk across the field.

We had the nicest Indian meal, delivered from Woodland Tandoori to the site that any of our group had had for a long time, vegetarians and meat eaters all delighted with their choices.

I'm keeping everything crossed that I will be able to make take a 4th stay here next summer.

Reviewer: Cazbix 5 reviews from this member

Nice flat camp site, toilets and showers are very clean, there is a pub about 10 mins walk, supermarkets are about 5mins walk, bus stop to Harrogate is at the end of the lane, I thought it was a bit expensive at £33. 00 per night over the bank holiday but the staff are very helpful and our pitch was large enough to put the caravan and awning up with no problems,

Reviewer: Akpeel 2 reviews from this member

This site is ideally located if you want to visit Harrogate, the town is very accessible without feeling you are in a built-up area. As other people have mentioned transport links are good, there is a supermarket a very short distance away but why use it when Fodder is almost next door? We ate in Fodder and purchased food from them. All excellent quality and good value. All pitches are level and there is plenty of space. The site is kept in immaculate order and I would echo others comments regarding the shower block, well planned, as much hot water as you want and spotless. We will return.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jusbluey 11 reviews from this member

We have just returned home after 3 nights on this lovely site. We were met by very friendly & helpful wardens. Our pitch was very spacious, the facilities are very well kept & the shower was probably one of the best we have used, free & hot. Would have liked to have a private cubicle. The dog walking area is wonderful (just wish everyone would do the right & decent thing & clean up after their dogs). The road past the site could be a little noisy particularly with traffic which was accessing the show ground (the show was due a few days later so maybe this was the main reason). Didn't try Fodder but it seemed very popular. A large Sainsburys store is 5mins walk. The Travellers Rest pub is a few mins across the field opposite the site. It is a 17th century pub, lovely, & we enjoyed a lovely evening meal there. We walked into Harrogate which took about an hour. The following day we walked to Ripley, 6-7 miles, part of the way along a disused rail track, which is a lovely village selling the most gorgeous ice cream. We caught the bus back, & they run about every 20 mins, which is great.

One negative the site has a rule about dogs being on a lead at all times. Unfortunately a group of people arrived on Fri night & camped close by with their staffy, husky, boxer & x breed dogs & obviously thought that rule didn't apply to them. As the owner of 3 dogs I was not happy that they were not told to keep their dogs on leads.

Overall this is a great site for visiting many areas of this part of Yorkshire & we would definitely use it again.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Patbill 7 reviews from this member

This campsite is one of the best I've used. The site was very tidy. The toilets were immaculate even when the site was full.

The position of this site was very good. There was a Sainsburys just down the road and a bus stop into Harrogate. Just over the field opposite is a pub which serves very good meals. If you like walking there is a very good walk into Harrogate through parkland.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jpwilliamsut 1 review from this member

Friendly welcome, nice site and facilities. Close to good pub, supermarket and dog walking. But why mow the lawns at 3 on a bank holiday Sunday. Went right round our van, moving our stuff and right up to the van while we were eating sunday lunch. Really noisy mower couldn't hear ourselves think and had to shut windows on a hot day.

Previous     58 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

50 Tickets for the NEC Oct Motorhome & Caravan Show Win a Clarke IG2000 2kW Generator

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016