Visitor Reviews - Tayview Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Angus > Site Reviews

Tayview Caravan & Camping Park
Marine Drive
Angus   (Browse area)
DD5 4GH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   1m  1m  5m  1m

Pitches: 100+
Open: 06/03 To 30/11

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  57 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jim mercer 1 review from this member

Tayview is a great site to relax in toilets and showers are to a very good standard reiception. Staff arlene and Jill are very helpful will go out there way to help you. Very good little town for shopping with tesco open late and farm foods great wee pub the vault lounge very friendly bar staff good chippy and chinky

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Wilmadunc 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here in one of the 4 person lodges and four adults fitted in really well. The lodge itself has two sofa beds, fridge, table, TV so very well equipped and design allows lots of natural light to come in. Toilet block right beside the lodges and only a short walk to the showers and both are kept immaculate by Anne. Campsite is situated right on the edge of the beach with access through a locked gate so the site itself very secure. Beautiful views from all parts of the site. Grounds are also immaculate and the staff friendly and helpful. Site is also very well situated for the high street being only a 5 minute walk and a short drive takes you into Dundee. St. Andrews is a 30 minute drive away and well worth a visit. This is a beautiful site and well worth a visit and we will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Derbyed 1 review from this member

A really good clean friendly Campsite, very helpful staff I arrived having forgotten to put my caravan steps back in my van after a pitstop in a service station the staff went out of their way to find some loan steps. The toilets and showers are spotlessly clean. And the views are to kill for looking out over the Dee Estuary. Very flat area for walking and wheel chairs adjacent to site. The only complaint and its not the sites fault but the Councils and that is although there is a sign for the other campsite close by, on the main road Tay View isn't and I hope the council rectify this ommission. 10*

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Magsd 5 reviews from this member

I have stayed at the site next door for 3 years and this year they couldn't give me a suitable pitch well thank you to them ! I booked Tayview although a larger site it's so quite and is a much better site much more camper friendly (don't mind if you have a wet towel hanging outside after a shower) and cleaner but most important I really felt safer than I did at other site which is a big plus in my books. Toilets are kept so clean and showers are hot whatever time you have one. My son and girlfriend came up for a night intending to stay in the caravan but they hired a small lodge giving us all our own privacy and got a discount because we were here. They loved it that much they came back a few days later for another night. All the necessary shops farm foods, tesco, fish& chip shop, Chinese, couple of bakers newsagents and pubs are within a 10min walk away and you can get a bus into Dundee every 10 mins again a 10 minute walk to bus stop. The train station is about a 3 min walk for anyone that doesn't drive. I always wanted to retire up here and will definitely be in Tayview highly recommend whatever age or size of family. Arlene the manager is a gem💙.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Bopeep2 3 reviews from this member

Very friendly reception. When we were settled and looked round,

We were a little worried about the number of children, thinking they would be running around and shouting, as they tend to do these days, but I am happy to report that we had no problems what so ever. They were all well behaved. We were overlooking the sea, which was lovely and as mentioned before, the showers were kept clean and hot. There is a Tesco within a short walk and from the site, we had a lovely walk to Broughton Ferry, about 3 miles. Before we set off, we called at the Van cafe at the exit of the site for a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea. At 8 we thought it expensive, especially as the bacon was on a plastic plate with a plastic knife and the tea in a cardboard cup!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lughnasadh 1 review from this member

Having bought a tent second hand from these forums I thought I should have a trial night out before heading off with the family during the summer holidays.

So, with a very excited 6 year old daughter in tow, I headed off to our closest site which is tay view park.

My first impressions of the site were very positive with everything looking clean and well kept.

Unfortunately, when it came to pitching my tent one of the poles had separated into the individual pieces with the elastic shock cord snapped.

With my usual shelter being a bivi bag with an inflatable pole I was left scratching my head, unsure what poles to put in what order to fix it (there were poles of differing diameter).

Fortunately the site owner and a couple of helpful girls in the tent next door came to my rescue and after about an hour we had the pole back together and finished pitching the tent.

So, for the rest of the site. The on site facilities were very clean, well kept and well stocked.

The tent area is at the back of the park next to a locked gate that gives access to the beach and the cycle path. A key to the gate is provided at check in.

My daughter had a great time walking along the beach collecting shells after dinner and the only bad thing was we did not have enough time to explore everything that this site and its surrounding area has to offer.

We will definitely be back here before the summer holidays are through.

A special thanks to the site owner for giving up an hour of his time to save our first trip out - a true star!

Previous     57 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Angus   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!