Visitor Reviews - Tayview Caravan & Camping Park

Marine Drive
Via Reform Street From A930
Monifieth
Angus   (Browse area)
DD5 4GH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   1m  1m  5m  1m

Pitches: 100+
Open: 18th February To 30th November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  54 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Magsd 5 reviews from this member

I have stayed at the site next door for 3 years and this year they couldn't give me a suitable pitch well thank you to them ! I booked Tayview although a larger site it's so quite and is a much better site much more camper friendly (don't mind if you have a wet towel hanging outside after a shower) and cleaner but most important I really felt safer than I did at other site which is a big plus in my books. Toilets are kept so clean and showers are hot whatever time you have one. My son and girlfriend came up for a night intending to stay in the caravan but they hired a small lodge giving us all our own privacy and got a discount because we were here. They loved it that much they came back a few days later for another night. All the necessary shops farm foods, tesco, fish& chip shop, Chinese, couple of bakers newsagents and pubs are within a 10min walk away and you can get a bus into Dundee every 10 mins again a 10 minute walk to bus stop. The train station is about a 3 min walk for anyone that doesn't drive. I always wanted to retire up here and will definitely be in Tayview highly recommend whatever age or size of family. Arlene the manager is a gem💙.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Bopeep2 3 reviews from this member

Very friendly reception. When we were settled and looked round,

We were a little worried about the number of children, thinking they would be running around and shouting, as they tend to do these days, but I am happy to report that we had no problems what so ever. They were all well behaved. We were overlooking the sea, which was lovely and as mentioned before, the showers were kept clean and hot. There is a Tesco within a short walk and from the site, we had a lovely walk to Broughton Ferry, about 3 miles. Before we set off, we called at the Van cafe at the exit of the site for a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea. At £8 we thought it expensive, especially as the bacon was on a plastic plate with a plastic knife and the tea in a cardboard cup!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lughnasadh 1 review from this member

Having bought a tent second hand from these forums I thought I should have a trial night out before heading off with the family during the summer holidays.

So, with a very excited 6 year old daughter in tow, I headed off to our closest site which is tay view park.

My first impressions of the site were very positive with everything looking clean and well kept.

Unfortunately, when it came to pitching my tent one of the poles had separated into the individual pieces with the elastic shock cord snapped.

With my usual shelter being a bivi bag with an inflatable pole I was left scratching my head, unsure what poles to put in what order to fix it (there were poles of differing diameter).

Fortunately the site owner and a couple of helpful girls in the tent next door came to my rescue and after about an hour we had the pole back together and finished pitching the tent.

So, for the rest of the site. The on site facilities were very clean, well kept and well stocked.

The tent area is at the back of the park next to a locked gate that gives access to the beach and the cycle path. A key to the gate is provided at check in.

My daughter had a great time walking along the beach collecting shells after dinner and the only bad thing was we did not have enough time to explore everything that this site and its surrounding area has to offer.

We will definitely be back here before the summer holidays are through.

A special thanks to the site owner for giving up an hour of his time to save our first trip out - a true star!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Sbarclay62 1 review from this member

Bored midweek decided on an impromptu cheap getaway. With the weather looking not so clever camping was out the window so decided on a ‘glamping’ weekend instead. After a few hours searching on Google, Visit Scotland and UKCampsite.co.uk I stumbled upon Tayview and their ‘Little Lodges’. A few reviews and £76 online payment later we were booked up and ready to go.

Arrived relatively late on Friday evening to be greeted by the friendly and helpful receptionist were we got the keys, a low down on the site rules and amenities and a small useful welcome pack. A short drive round the site we made found our little cabin with views right across the River Tay.

We opted for a 2-berth lodge that consisted of 2 single beds, a fridge (perfect for the cold beers, wine and BBQ or breakfast grub), electric wood/coal effect heater, two chairs and a small table, two sets of bedside drawers, an electric power bar ideal for phone chargers, a kettle with some coffee and tea and a small TV/DVD combi which was perfect for sneaking in the odd world cup match. We’ve stayed in a few of these type of glamping wigwam style lodges and this was the best yet. Plenty of space, plenty of head height and plenty of light with large glass windows and doors allowing views right across the Tay. On top of this there was also a small veranda that allowed us to sit outside in cover even in the rain and for the nicer weather a full sized wooden picnic bench was outside every lodge.

The lodge granted access to nearby (approx 50m away) toilets and kitchen area. The kitchen area was a fantastic addition as it consisted of 2 x two small electric hobs with electric grill and oven with washing up facilities in the same block. Ideal for cooking or heating up a some tea or brekkie. The shower facilities were back near reception but again like the smaller toilet and cooking area were absolutely spotless (Quick shoutout to the cleaner lady who was extremely pleasant and helpful in providing info for us to get into Dundee for the day).

Monifieth itself is a pleasant little town. Within a 5 minute walk from the campsite there is a late opening Tesco, a chippy, Chinese and Indian takeaways and Italian restaurant. There is also two pubs just off the main street called the Crown Inn and the Vault. Never had a chance to check out the Vault but did have a few pints in the extremely hospitable Crown while watching some football (1am close on a Saturday). Also from the main street there is good transport links to Dundee (73 bus - £2 single) as well as nearby Broughty Ferry and Carnoustie.

Will definitely be a site and place i’ll be visiting again. Clean camping grounds, spotless facilities, friendly and helpful staff and perfect affordable accommodation right next to a small friendly town with plenty to do, see and explore. Hopefully some sunshine next time to allow us to walk into nearby Broughty Ferry or Carnoustie and beyond to take in some of the sights and views of the River Tay, straight from the Tayview caravan park.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tenby dragon 02 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from Tayview camp site and all I can say is, it is a lovely well kept site, toilets and showers clean and warm. Washing up areas spacious and I was surprised to see 2 clean electric baby belling cookers along with a nice clean fridge freezer. On arrival you are given a warm welcome along with a welcome pack that explains site rules, recycling, site layout, loo pass code and contact phone numbers for site office in an emergency and a gate fob/key.

We stayed in our trailer tent and the area we were allotted was big enough for it along with electric hook up.

Only drawback (for some not us) was the closeness to railway lines and trains passing but then you are out and about all day so does it matter for a couple of hours at night. Monifieth station is just outside the site.

There's a nice little cafe on site called the van, nice food but closes around 4. 30pm. We used the site as a base while looking around and visiting (surprising) friends, we hope to return again and will recommend to family and friends to stay here. Internet is available but is extra.

There is a kids playground area near the site but never had need to visit, the is beach near by.

Five minutes walk took you up into the town for shopping, Dundee was only a ten minute drive away.

Overall we had a fab few days here.

Access is by going under low ish bridges and I would say know your caravan heights, I believe for taller vehicles there is another way in. Marks out of 10 for us was 10.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ski_1uk 3 reviews from this member

June 20 - 22

Campsite is clean and a warm greeting from reception, toilets/showers were really clean. Shower block is a wee walk from camping

Have to say though that the site is set up for caravans and not camping, No real pitches set it was a 'free for all'

And my ended up being boxed in :(

Def not a site if you take kids and you want to sit back and relax. No park on site, there is a park about 200m

From the site though.

Got to mention the train line. They run untill 1130ish and start at 0630 so nice wake up call :|

Toilets/shower 10/10

Site layout for tents 2/10

Kids activities 0/10

Overall - I have been to a lot better and will not use this site again

Previous     54 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Angus   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs