Visitor Reviews - Invercaimbe Caravan And Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Inverness-Shire > Site Reviews

Invercaimbe Caravan And Campsite
Invercaimbe Croft
Arisaig
Inverness-Shire   (Browse area)
PH39 4NT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 10m  1m   10m

Open: 15th March To 15th October

Reviews:  30 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wells21 6 reviews from this member

Agree with all before, excellent location and basic crofting campsite of a by-gone era. The cost per night with EHU is in fact 20 not 17 as advertised in the brochure and the showers don't appear to need coinage which we found after dropping a few into the meter box and discovering in the mens there was no such metering. Facilities are very basic and a bit worse for wear, but that can be forgiven as the tranquil beach setting and welcoming Joyce far outweigh the need for modern facilities.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cwarchc 8 reviews from this member

We have just had 6 nights here

What a fantastic site

Brilliant setting, our pitch was 6 feet from the beach, overlooking the islands of Eigg & Rum

Well drained sandy soil

Individual cubicles for the toilet/showers

Washing machine/dryer facilities

The owner is great. She puts in a lot of hours looking after the site & her beef cattle (you can buy meat & eggs) lovely lady & not obtrusive.

It's also good if you have dogs, ours were welcome in the local bar & on the beaches

Good value for money 17 per night for a tourer with ehu

I would recommend this, without reservation (you would be advised to book)

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: CarrieF 5 reviews from this member

Completely agree with the last review. Having read the reviews I was keen to book this site for a visit to Arisaig. I spent very happy childhood holidays here (on a different site just around the bay, no longer available but very similar). Unfortunately we were only able to stay one night but the owner kindly managed to give us a pitch right by the beach.

We were unlucky with the weather, which had taken a turn for the worse as we arrived, so we didn't get one of the famous sunsets; but Arisaig is one of those places that is beautiful in all weathers - the stormy skies just adding to the power of the dramatic coastline.

The facilities are fairly basic, but I quite liked that each 'cabin' is private. There are 2 cabins each for ladies and gents, one with loo and shower, the other with loo and washbasin. I left my morning shower until quite late so I didn't have to wait, the cabin was clean and there was still plenty of hot water.

This is a real family run site which adds to its charm. The owner is friendly and helpful but not intrusive. We were welcomed, directed to our pitch and left to get on with our evening, which we appreciated after a long drive.

The site is natural, the beach is beautiful and we enjoyed exploring, even in the wild and windy conditions!

At 17 for the night, including EHU, we thought this was very good value. We left with every intention of returning and also with freshly laid eggs and delicious beef sausages from the family's own cattle!

Before leaving we re-visited some of the places I remembered from all those years ago. We ate delicious local mussels for lunch at the Arisaig hotel (not the cosy 'local' I vaguely recalled but the food was lovely and the staff were polite and helpful).

I've often wondered if Arisaig would live up to my childhood memories. I needn't have worried, it was as beautiful as I remembered and I certainly won't leave it so long to return again.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Drummsman 4 reviews from this member

We arrived in Arisaig needing a campsite and fortuitously chose this one. The location is wonderful and we were lucky enough to get a pitch right on the sea loch edge. When we looked out there was nothing to spoil our view. We enjoyed some great beach walks straight from the camper van. OK the facilities are a bit basic but clean and adequate which is all you can ask. The lady who greeted us was very friendly and welcoming. Only sorry we were only able to stay one night. I am sure that in the summer families with children would have a great time here because this is a good old fashioned campsite like the ones I remember as a child.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Glunar68 6 reviews from this member

Just got to submit another review. Just returned today from 18 glorious nights at Invercaimbe Caravan Site. Again I was allocated a beach side pitch which I know the owner will always do her very best to accommodate your own requirements. That said all pitches have excellent views and easy access to the beach which surrounds the site.

Facilities are always spotlessly clean and despite having only a couple of showers there is never really any delay in getting access to the shower. Great, in fact fantastic laundry facilities. The owner is so courteous and happy to help with advice or assistance to make your holiday that wee bit more special and memorable. Please visit this site and I am sure you, like me will wish to return soon.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Glunar68 6 reviews from this member

This site is Stunning and Beautiful, It must have the best position in the whole area for tremendous views and access to the beach. The ground is well maintained and access is easy from the main road. Very reasonably priced. The owner is very attentive and always ready to assist.

The facilities although basic are spotless and well maintained. Excellent laundry facilities. Quite simply the best site in the area and furthermore virtually no midgies.

Visit is a must. I have visited this site many times and I find it more and more difficult to resist in returning whenever possible so much so that the majority of my summer leave will be spent there.

Lots to do with Fort William only a 50 minute drive away with main supermarket and good collection of shops. That said the small village of Arisaig is few minutes drive away with the slighlty larger village of Mallaig only about 6 miles from the site with Coop and Spar.

The site has access to very safe waters for swimming and kayaking when tide is high, very child friendly site. Access to clean unspoilt beaches. This site is absolutely perfect for a family holiday or just a wee quiet retreat, , A pure Sanctuary, A little piece of heaven. Next visit can't come quick enough

Previous     30 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Inverness-Shire   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!